It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New Israeli study: Iran seeks 'nuclear ambiguity,' likely to act 'logically'

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2. Asserting they would use them now is a baseless claim.


Which I never said. I basically said, with sarcasm that a place that's head is in the Middle Ages still, do not deserve nuclear weapons. Not because they will use them on the West or Israel, but because if Iraq exacebrates tensions considerably, just wait and see how much diplomacy it will take to get them off their war horses.

I personally don't care though if Iran gets nukes or not. I live thousands of miles away. Europe and China and Russia should be more worried about the Middle East having weapons of mass destruction, they are right in their back yard!





posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I personally don't care though if Iran gets nukes or not. I live thousands of miles away. Europe and China and Russia should be more worried about the Middle East having weapons of mass destruction, they are right in their back yard!



Hehe, ok. Well, I agree. Guess why I'm not worried?



posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Hehe, ok. Well, I agree. Guess why I'm not worried?


Well then that's settled then! Too bad we don't run the world



posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Regensturm,

Having read your reply, the question then is what does America do? If it has these problems, what is, with particularity, the plan to solve them? What should the dynamics of global relations look like, and how do we deal with countries not coming to the table in good faith?

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Togetic]



posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
Regensturm,

Having read your reply, the question then is what does America do? If it has these problems, what is, with particularity, the plan to solve them? What should the dynamics of global relations look like, and how do we deal with countries not coming to the table in good faith?

[edit on 2/7/2007 by Togetic]



On Iraq, whatever happens at the moment, it's SNAFU. Troops pull out or stay, it's buggered either way. Iraq is a mess, of sectarian tyranny and mass murder, and the US and all those who went along with it must have that on it's conscience, forever. It destroyed the fabric of society. The threads of the country.

Engage Iraqis, and other Arab and muslim countries on the future of Iraq.

Get the UN involved at some level, maybe The Arab League.

On Iran, let Iran have nukes but warn them of the consequences of using them. Treat them like adults, not children.

Or

Have Iran and Israel both disarm from having nukes (same goes for all Mid East countries), and a Palestinian-Israel peace plan.

Iran must have assurances of their security from Israel and US and vice versa.

Have Israel hand over the last occupied piece of land of Lebanon to Lebanon and decrease Hezbollah's reasons for fighting, and have Israel hand over the Golan heights to Syria in exchange for Israel's safety.

The US must make it known to Israel it will not give them a blank cheque of weaponry and support and will take a more balanced stance in The Middle East.

Make Israel stand on it's own, but tell them to be responsible.

Pressuring the Palestinians on a peace deal is all well and good, but useless and incendiary if no pressure is applied on Israel.

There are two sides to a conflict after all.


As to countries not coming to the table in good faith, make it known in subtle terms of relations that it is not respected.

Shouting 'Gung-Ho' is unlikely to help matters, but increase the lack of good faith.

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Regensturm]



new topics

top topics
 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join