It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran goes Nuclear with an AIDS cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Iran goes Nuclear with an AIDS cure?
wait, what?

Look, I didn't even know where to post this. I'm sure it's nonsense, but it might not be.

Apparently on Feb 11th Iran will officially be a nuclear power.

And they've cured AIDS.

I just don't know what to make of this.
Without the AIDS cure part this is almost believable.

If a mod wants to smack me around for being a gulli-bull than please by all means, smack away.

And if it's true, then combined with the satellite launch Iran will eventually be capable of an ICBM nuclear strike.
I'm just sayin'

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
lol, now THERE's a twist. Claim they have a cure for AIDS so if they are struck militarily, then claim that the strike destroyed the cure- drawing condemnation from the desperately infected, medical community, and Lord knows who else. Either that, or use it as a bargaining chip of some kind to ease US pressure.

As to them joining the nuclear club openly, and admitting they have a bomb, I'll wait to see that to believe it. Israel might not.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The thing that has me curious here is "herbal" drug. Sure they could cure AIDS... but has anything herbal ever cured anything? Maybe I'm missing something but from what I've been reading herbal drugs may help short term while their long term effects remain unstudied.

Propaganda anyone? This sounds like a very desperate man taking shots in the dark. Maybe the Iranian people would believe in this guy if he didn't rely on deceit and fallacies. Not like we have any "moral highground" on that issue...

February 11th seems like the date to watch on Iran. I've heard some other people say that the US would start making a case for war last week but that didn't seem to happen. If the US is going in, I think it will be in direct response to this February 11th Ten Days stuff. Give it a week or two of buildup and we're possibly looking at mid-march when the bombs start dropping? They're probably finalizing their target packages now. Maybe the US is waiting to see if they Iranians will try a coup after this Feb 11th speech... They have to know it will threaten further action from the US.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by dpw134]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dpw134
The thing that has me curious here is "herbal" drug. Sure they could cure AIDS, but has anything herbal ever cured anything? Maybe I'm missing something here but from what I've been reading herbal drugs may help short term while their long term effects remained unstudied.

Many drugs are made from plants, this link lists about 120 "important drugs" made from plants:

www.rain-tree.com...

Scroll down to the chart.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
Many drugs are made from plants, this link lists about 120 "important drugs" made from plants:

www.rain-tree.com...

Scroll down to the chart.

Even the wee school children know that anti-biotics are derived from fungus.

Honestly, if there are any "natural" cures out there they absolutely will not come out of the US. There is just no money in it if you can't patent it.

Take stevia for example, it's an all natural non-caloric sweetener that comes from a leaf. No one will invest dime one into a study to determine its safety because no one can patent it anyway.

I still don't believe this story, but it makes good water cooler talk.

top topics

join