It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opt Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i really do not know if this has been posted i did not see anything on it but i figured id start off by making something smart.
as a student i was un aware of this until i almost signed away 8 years of my life to the Army national guard.
under the patriot act schools are required to give recruiters information on test scores etc. what they do not tell you as a student is that you may opt out by filling out a simple form. below is where i got it, i may of been the only student to hand it in...
www.militaryfreezone.org...

is where i got my form, i may be the only student but i figured i would bring this to your attention. if this has been posted already i apologize

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hey, I think it's really brave of you to share this information like you are. It's also very important.

I wonder if opting out makes you a target of the government in some way. Like you're saying you're less patriotic than someone else because you don't want them looking at your scores on tests and such.

This may make them suspicious of you, hypothetically speaking, of course.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i may become a target i do not know, i am not singing into the army for medical reasons and personal prefrences so they are already targeting me there.
i took the asvab for a career examination which i found my areas but it also counts for the military, but they will not have access to my SAT and ACT.

i really want to pass out flyers for this but even then i am considered a threat to natl security

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So wait, why would they want your scores. Would they stay the hell away from you if you scored too high? I mean, someone who killed on their SATs would probably be too smart to be an asset as a soldier. You don't want your killing machines to become self aware, just look what happened with the Terminator and Matrix movies.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
So wait, why would they want your scores. Would they stay the hell away from you if you scored too high? I mean, someone who killed on their SATs would probably be too smart to be an asset as a soldier. You don't want your killing machines to become self aware, just look what happened with the Terminator and Matrix movies.

i often wonder that myself, i scored above average on my asvab and which instantly put me on radar. they would want us for intel jobs or tech.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
well today i told people about the opt out and they want the form but i am weary i dont want attention to myself..

new topics

top topics

join