It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Predestination or randomness in life

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think that we are predestine. How else can psychics and past prophets see the future. The only way it is possible if for the future to happen already or is written already. We are living in the past. The future has already occur, so that means we are all doom to die, just as the prophets said about our future.

See u all on the other side!




posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
I think that we are predestine. How else can psychics and past prophets see the future. The only way it is possible if for the future to happen already or is written already. We are living in the past. The future has already occur, so that means we are all doom to die, just as the prophets said about our future.

See u all on the other side!


Thats an interesting take on this actually, the fact that true psychics can see a future event does make me wonder if they are seeing a future timeline, therefore its already written what we will do... hrmmm...

so far good arguments for both sides of this.. great posts so far all!



posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
How else can psychics and past prophets see the future.


This is a good point to bring up. I work with psychics and I have no way of telling which are real and which aren't, but many of them say that they are only looking down a particular time line and that nothing is written in stone. They say that once you are informed concerning the future, you can act to change it. Who knows though, right?

Anyway, when I answered "random" earlier in the thread, I was only looking at the matter of death.

Based on what my son said about having things to accomplish before he died, that would suggest that there is some predestination. Not necessarily that we are going to do a certain thing, but perhaps that we are here to try to do certain things, so we are destined to attempt certain goals.

It's a bit of a chicken vs. egg question. Do I choose a thing because I have free will, or do I choose a thing because I was destined to do so? Maybe it is a bit of both.



posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
In my opinion everything that happens in the universe was predetermined at the big bang (I'm athiest btw). If something explodes (like the big bang) mathematics can predict where everything will end up (regardless of how "random" things are at the quantum level). Therefore, even human interaction is predetermined, with free-will being an illusion. That being said, you should't give up in life just because it's all predetermined. You have no way of telling what's going to happen so you should just do your best, whatever decision you make was always going to be the decision you would make.




That's a great point of view! thx for sharing!



posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

Originally posted by amfirst
How else can psychics and past prophets see the future.


This is a good point to bring up. I work with psychics and I have no way of telling which are real and which aren't, but many of them say that they are only looking down a particular time line and that nothing is written in stone. They say that once you are informed concerning the future, you can act to change it. Who knows though, right?

Anyway, when I answered "random" earlier in the thread, I was only looking at the matter of death.

Based on what my son said about having things to accomplish before he died, that would suggest that there is some predestination. Not necessarily that we are going to do a certain thing, but perhaps that we are here to try to do certain things, so we are destined to attempt certain goals.

It's a bit of a chicken vs. egg question. Do I choose a thing because I have free will, or do I choose a thing because I was destined to do so? Maybe it is a bit of both.


Exactly! As I said in my OP, I knew there was a logic loop in this like the chicken and egg lol. I will tell you I am still vassilating back and forth because so many other posters brought very valid ideas and viewpoints to this discussion. I feel like I have expanded my horizons a bit and definately have more reading on my agenda.


Originally posted by etherical waterwave

Originally posted by Cthulwho
In my opinion everything that happens in the universe was predetermined at the big bang (I'm athiest btw). If something explodes (like the big bang) mathematics can predict where everything will end up (regardless of how "random" things are at the quantum level). Therefore, even human interaction is predetermined, with free-will being an illusion. That being said, you should't give up in life just because it's all predetermined. You have no way of telling what's going to happen so you should just do your best, whatever decision you make was always going to be the decision you would make.




That's a great point of view! thx for sharing!


I know, isn't that the most simplified statement that makes so much sense really? I quote again

"You have no way of telling what's going to happen so you should just do your best, whatever decision you make was always going to be the decision you would make."

It feels truth to me
great post!



posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ive seen death and it is horible, you could not explain it any other way.
I pray for anyone who has to go thru it and help those left to carry on.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by u4itornot]



posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
free will is there, but is pre determined destiny? I dont think so. things happen like freak accidents and disease and illness, and they wreck everyones future plans. I think god kills people off. just like peter jennings. he mocked god and now he is gone. might be a stretch but it could be true.



posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
Ive seen death and it is horible, you could not explain it any other way.
I pray for anyone who has to go thru it and help those left to carry on.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by u4itornot]


Yes it is, but this discussion was not about the act of dieing, sorry



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join