It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence source: Israel Assassinated Top Iranian Nuclear Scientist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Top award winning Iranian nuclear scientist, Ardeshire Hassanpour, has died in mysterious circumstances. The announcing of his death on 21st Jan was delayed for 6 days. Intelligence sources have stated that there is strong evidence to show that the Israeli MOSSAD assassinated the crucial member of Iran's nuclear program.

www.timesonline.co.uk
A PRIZE-WINNING Iranian nuclear scientist has died in mysterious circumstances, according to Radio Farda, which is funded by the US State Department and broadcasts to Iran.

An intelligence source suggested that Ardeshire Hassanpour, 44, a nuclear physicist, had been assassinated by Mossad, the Israeli security service.

Hassanpour worked at a plant in Isfahan where uranium hexafluoride gas is produced. The gas is needed to enrich uranium in another plant at Natanz which has become the focus of concerns that Iran may be developing nuclear weapons.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this is proven true there should be dire consequences for Israel. This man was a civilian and his assassination has no justification.

Israel really does not want to open this can of worms with Iran. How can Israel kill innocent civilians and then complain when Israeli civilians are then killed in return?

But of course, even if proved true nothing will befall Israel for this murder. They will be given a free pass by the United States once again, as they have in the past. But just stop to think for a moment how very different things would be if it was Iran who assassinated a top Israeli nuclear scientist. Would the World be able to catch it's collective breath before we launched a full scale attack on Iran?

Other ATS Links:
Iran's Top Nuclear Scientist Dies
Iranian nuclear scientist ‘assassinated by Mossad

[edit on 4/2/07 by subz]

[edit on 4-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If true it would not be anything new for Israel. During the late 1970's and early 1980's when Iraq was building it's nuclear reactor at Osirak the Israelis decided early on they would have to stop it's construction. One way in which they went about doing this was by destroying, delaying and stopping shipments of crucial parts from France to Iraq (France at the time was offering Iraq unprecedented support). At the same time they started secret training for a military strike on the reactor if this did not work. Their actions succeed in delaying the construction of the reactor but it did not stop it. So the Mossad blew up a critical component of the reactor in Iraq which delayed the project by several month, they also began to "eliminate" several top scientists involved in the Iraqi program. The most well known was Dr. Yahya el-Meshad who was murder in a Paris hotel by the Mossad on June 14 1980. But at this stage however their efforts had not worked and the reactor was in limited operational. So the Israelis proceeded with Operation Opera which had been in the works from the very beginning, and as they say, the rest is history...

So will history repeat itself? Well maybe it's already starting to...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Before I state what I feel about this alleged assassination, I will put my stance on the two players first.

I do not support Israel's imperialist policies towards their lesser privalged neighbors. I do believe Iran is working on nuclear weapons, but I also believe it is in their right to possess such a deterrant due to the imperilaist actions of the US government in the last 6 years.

Now, as far as I can see, unless this is against the Geneva convention, I think the scientist is a legitamate target in the game of warfare. If the scientist had opted to pursue his career in this field, and then decided to get hired into the weapons program, then he should have known the risks considering the enemy of his nation possesses one of the most powerful intelligence agencies working towards thwarting Iran's ability to pursure deterrant-defense weapons.

Now I still thinks its wrong, because Iran should have the right to possess a deterrant to imperialist attacks, but due to the destructive nature of the weapons program, I consider him a legitimate target in the game of warfare.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This story smells really bad, this man is one of the top nuclear minds in Iran and he dies going on two weeks and NOW the news is getting out?

Who is pulling the strings? Even Iran waited six days to post it on their state controlled radio...

Let's keep our radar up on this one, as of now, I can only say this story is hard to swallow.......

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It just rings so many bells compared to the iraqi osirak nuclear incident.
nucler scientist gets killed.
sabotage in paris storage
Osirak reactor hit.
maybe they did this so blatantly to tell the iranians,

'' we have begun our actions against you ''

Its clear Iran ARENT going to stop.
Its clear Iran ARE in Iraq.
and Its clear Fatah is losing its abiltiy to control Hamas, and the palestinian people.
I personally think Hamas = Hezbollah in a lot of respects.
Hezbollah = Iran in all respects..

If Iran get a nuclear weapon or the material, all they need be is ship it to Egypt, to get smuggled into palestine, to have Hamas sneak it into some northern israeli town 'ie haifia'
Then boom, there goes the ball game.

Israel dont want this, because they DONT want to have to use nuclear weapons....Who can predict WHAT Will happen if that occurs.

So they murder some scientists, followed by some incident at a crucial element of Natanz... then a strike...

All within the next few months...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

All within the next few months....

Oh really, yea I could swear I hear that every week for the past year now.

Really tell me just how easy is it to sneak a nuke out of Iran. Any boat heading to Israel from Iran will surely be inspected long before it docks on thier shores.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The scientist is a legitimate war time target. Consider the consequences of Iran becoming a nuclear power under the insane evil cult that their president adhere's to. Israel, the U.S., europe, Russia and anyone in the non muslim world would become targets. This guy is not afraid to launch WWIII and even welcomes the prospect, so that his 'mahdi' will come.

Frankly I'd much rather see top leaders, military scientists and industrialists targeted rather than the launch of WWIII. It ultimately saves lives.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Erm, war time? What freaking war? The War on Terror is not a war, it's a catch phrase.

This scientist was a civilian, and even if there was a declared war raging the Geneva convention prohibits the targeting of civilians. You know, hospitals are really vital to an enemy nation during war time as well yet they are off limits too.

Some people really have to wise up to what they are acquiescing to here! No freaking wonder the German people allowed Hitler to get away with what he did. It's the same mentality that is being showed here with the condoning of the MURDER of a CIVILIAN.

This is not even taking into account that there is STILL no proof given of an Iranian nuclear weapons program. Boggles the mind...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You are right Subz Isrealis and Americans are much more like the Nazis than the Iranians are. Are you serious? Are you aware of what you are saying? Can you give me some evidence to back this up? Are you Muslim, lol?

This scientist is a legitimate target especially if it can prevent a war.
Even though Im not completely convinced he was even poisoned yet, he easily could of received radiation from his work.

Subz if you don't think Iran is a real problem for the world, you should pull your head out of a Newsweek.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
You are right Subz Isrealis and Americans are much more like the Nazis than the Iranians are. Are you serious? Are you aware of what you are saying? Can you give me some evidence to back this up?

Huh? Did I make a comparison on some 'Nazi Meter TM'? I didn't compare Israel/America to the Iranians in the slightest, in fact it would not change my point even if Iranians went about goosestepping and chanting "Seig Heil".

My point, for the hard of understanding, was that accepting the murder of a civilian in peace time is no different to the slide in morality that occured in Germany in the 1930's. I'm sure the Germans thought their invasions of the Sudetenland and Poland were justifiable following Versailles. It is no different when I have to sit here and read people going "Well yeah, he's fair game this civilian scientist because it's war time".

Are you Muslim, lol?

*sigh*

This scientist is a legitimate target especially if it can prevent a war.
Even though Im not completely convinced he was even poisoned yet, he easily could of received radiation from his work.

Im sure Hamas and Hezbollah share your exact rationale dude. They too view civilians as legitimate targets. Thinking civilians, in this case a scientist, can be killed is no different than Hamas/Hezbollah saying Israeli civilians are legitimate targets for occupying their land.

Subz if you don't think Iran is a real problem for the world, you should pull your head out of a Newsweek.

Cute. Can you back up any of your vitriol with any evidence because the US State Department, White House and the Knesset haven't been able to substantiate their claims that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. Then again I am not surprised that people dont ask for proof before launching "wars", it happend with Iraq and the WMD claim and it'll happen again here with Iran.

Atleast this time I'll be on the side of people who knew better.

[edit on 5/2/07 by subz]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There is a huge difference between iran having nukes and Israel.
1. Israel doesn’t even admit to having any and has never said that want to destroy any country.
2. Israel is surrounded by islamic maniacs that want them dead. I see nothing wrong with them taking this guy out. It was one man compared to how many would have died if the Israeli's had to use conventional weapons to take out their reactor plants.
3. Iran wants to destroy Israel. They say it daily.
4. Iran can care less about their mooslam brothers. If you nuke Israel the fallout would blanket the ME. I would guess that Egypt wouldn't help them and I would think any Arab country would help Iran nuke Israel.
5. What will the rest of the mooslam world do to iran if mecca is covered in radioactive fall out?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just exactly when did Israel Declare war against Iran?

And if such a declaration exists, why has not Iran, "Evil Empire" that it must surely be, why has it not responded in kind with nary a single missle launch against Israel?

Without a legal declaration of war, an Iranian scientist, in any field, is considered a Non-Combatant, and I believe, is to be considered "off-limits" as far as "military" actions.

Absent a declaration of war, this is simply State-Sponsored Murder; if committed by a national agency, such as the MOSSAD.

Even in a declared war, scientists and academics are not to be considered "fair-targets", unless their efforts are directly related to the enemies war effort; A nuclear Weapons scientist might be considered a target, a nuclear Research scientist is a civilian.

Unless you can PROVE that his/her research is for a weapon.

Ah, but proof, like facts, are so oftern inconveniently contrary to what we merely want to Believe.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You have voted Bhadhidar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

That, my friend, was eloquence. Thanks for contributing to my thread

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Really tell me just how easy is it to sneak a nuke out of Iran. Any boat heading to Israel from Iran will surely be inspected long before it docks on thier shores.

you dont hear every week that a top nuclear scientest has been found dead in mysterious circumstances either though? I think its clear to say things have shifted up a notch, being a scientist involved has turned up DEAD!

And I didnt say a boat from Iran to Israel.
I said into EGYPT then into palestine.. becuase there's been many, many reports of weapons smuggling through the egyptian border....

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by DYepes

you dont hear every week that a top nuclear scientest has been found dead in mysterious circumstances either though? I think its clear to say things have shifted up a notch, being a scientist involved has turned up DEAD!

And I didnt say a boat from Iran to Israel.
I said into EGYPT then into palestine.. becuase there's been many, many reports of weapons smuggling through the egyptian border....

Regardless of the motive, it is wrong to murder civilians, also illegal under the geneva convention. I understand the whole thing with the Jews and Muslims going at each other. It's been going on for centuries. But regardless of Ideology, Israel falls under the geneva convention and it's officials should be punished justly regardless of if they are a US ally or not. I know it's probably not going to happen but it's what I feel should happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If theyare producing weapons (let's pretend
for a second the Iranians are) weapons developers are legitimate targets, imho of course. you might just as well outsource the military supply chain and call it off limits - it's an abuse, which inevitably results in widespread violation of all principles, sooner or later, just like smuggling weapons on RC ships does (see f-ex. Lousitania).

the issue is whether Iran is really developing weapons, because if they are not, assassination of key workers is simply meant to supress. that said, a targetted nation has every reason to return the favor, even go to war over such incidents, but noone wants to do that anyway, since few if any nations can be considered innocent.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The scientist is a legitimate war time target.

Ignoring the fact there is no war (Duh.....), a scientist is still not a legitimate target unless he is directly involved in the War effort. As there is no War and also no proof of a Weapons Program, logic dictates he is not a legitimate target whichever way you want to spin it.

Using this as a precedent and seeing as some of you are quite happy this sort of thing goes on, how would you feel if a US Nuclear scientist was bumped off by Iran? I assume you would all say

"Well, he was a legitimate War time target, so fair doo's...."

I doubt you would be so cool about it, to be honest.

You would all scream, jump up and down calling for War (as there is currently no War, remember) and call it a Murder.

But when the West does it, that's fine and legitimate?

Bloody hypocrites.

I understand the whole thing with the Jews and Muslims going at each other. It's been going on for centuries

No, it hasn't. It's been going on for about 60 years. Prior to that, there was no more Muslim vs Jew angst than any other "Race A vs Race B" situation. For several centuries, Palestine was governed by the Ottomans, who apart from the occasional provincial rebellion over Ottoman rule, didn't have anywhere near this level of trouble in the ME.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well let us take a look at on of the definitions of TERRORISM:

Wikipedia

The United States has defined terrorism under the Federal Criminal Code. Chapter 113B of Part I of Title 18 of the United States Code defines terrorism and lists the crimes associated with terrorism[9]. In Section 2331 of Chapter 113b, terrorism is defined as:

…activities that involve violent… or life-threatening acts… that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State and… appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and… (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States… [or]… (C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States…"

Well there you go - according to US FCC, this specific act of Mossad/Israel is an act of TERRORISM, therefore just prooving once again, that Israel is actually the numero uno Terrorist supporter state in the Middle East - a state which uses all sorts of techniques, just to reach its political or miliary goal. A state, that is always on the offensive, but always kind of "defending" itself.

Surprised?

Well, as the popular Mossad motto goes:

"By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

Think not?

Ask mister Victor Ostrovsky...

[edit on 5/2/07 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You are right Subz Isrealis and Americans are much more like the Nazis than the Iranians are. Are you serious? Are you aware of what you are saying? Can you give me some evidence to back this up? Are you Muslim, lol?
[edit on 5-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

By the glory of God, let this man trip into a history book.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow, this story from China says that Iran has denied the report of Israel killing the scientist.....

Tehran denies reports on scientist's "assassination"

TEHRAN, Feb. 4 (Xinhua) -- Tehran has denied recent reports that an Iranian nuclear scientist had been "assassinated" by Israeli security service Mossad, local Fars news agency reported on Sunday.

Ardeshire Hassanpour, a 44-year-old Iranian nuclear physicist, had been "suffocated by fumes from a faulty gas fire in sleep," Fars quoted an unidentified "informed source" as saying, denying his "assassination" by Mossad as some reports said.

How long will it take (if ever), to get the truth on this scientist's death?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join