It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Posted This on YouTube.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I went out this morning to see what I could videotape with the camera so I could put it on YouTube. Call me stupid considering it was about 15 degrees above zero with a windchill in the teens and single digits. Plus, it was a snowing, as I sort of explain in the video.

I would like comments.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That was fun...man that train can move...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Good stuff,

nice train,

How long did you have to wait in the snow to capture it?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Umm...yeah....it's a train.

Cool.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I only had to wait about three and a half minutes for me to get it. Ahhhhhh, the power of the handheld police scanner.

By the way, here's the Westbound that went by before it. Sorry about the shakiness of the camera, it was friggin' cold out there.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well that was the longest train i ever saw lol!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Coal trains, or coal drags as we call them, can have anywhere from eighty to one hundred an fifty cars. Length wise, they can be anywhere from a half mile to about two and half miles in length.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Gimmefootball, could you please explain this to me? The fascination with trains I mean. What would make someone stand out in the close to subzero winter to videotape a train that will no doubt also pass during the spring and summer? I have my own hobbies of course, and I couldn't hope to explain some of them to others, so I'm not necesserilly looking to be converted into a train guy or anything. I am still very curious though.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That first train sure was cruisin' right along!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Gimmefootball, could you please explain this to me? The fascination with trains I mean. What would make someone stand out in the close to subzero winter to videotape a train that will no doubt also pass during the spring and summer?

It as simple as this Raso, when you have a father like I have who has been a fan of them since he was little it's easy. As for the reason, the size of them would make any railfan want to stand out in the subzero weather, of course with the proper precautions taken.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
These two I caught yesterday with in about five to six minutes of each other.

On this last one, a third one snuck by me as I was waiting on the westbound.

I can't go out an shoot any today and maybe even for the next few days. Thanks to a derailment that has shut the line down right up the road from me.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
It as simple as this Raso, when you have a father like I have who has been a fan of them since he was little it's easy. As for the reason, the size of them would make any railfan want to stand out in the subzero weather, of course with the proper precautions taken.

I spent a lot of time when I was a kid experiencing the sights of trains in Florida so they don't seem as impressive to me today, but I still have a fascination with highly detailed model railroads.......theres something nostalgic about them.

Down south, there were double sets of tracks where gravel cars were kept for unloading. Sometimes when they were empty, we would climb inside and peak over the side as a passing train would rumble by. Same with railroad trestles. We would sit and eat zingers until we saw an approaching train then climb down below as the train passed....KIDS DONT TRY THAT AT HOME.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would have went out and shot some more videos over the past two days but........ CSX threw a kink into those plans, they put fifteen cars full of chemicals on the ground right up the road from me.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am really fed up with CSX now after what I read on Thursday and Friday. It turns out that it took CSX over an hour to call the authorities and inform them about the derailment. If any of those tank cars would have started leaking, I would probably be dead because of the chlorine it was carrying.

Here are the complete articles.

Thursday's Paper
Friday's Paper

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
More Videos

P051, Amtrak train #51.

T707

new topics

top topics

join