It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPV virus; discovery and implications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I heard of the story in Texas about the HPV virus; started lookin for who discovered it. found the following,

www.philly.com...

the above link is about the man who discovered the HPV connection.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

this one is about the people who backed the research. in the first link can be found this interesting bit of info....

"It was hard to keep the postdocs interested," zur Hausen recalled. "Not everyone was convinced this was a good project."

They read enviously about more promising projects to find genes that could turn cancer on, and wished they, too, were researching "oncogenes."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

why do they want to turn viruses on?
it is also worthy to note that Mr. Werner Henle is a member of the World Health Org. and has served as an advisor to the US military on a variety of occasions (see 2nd link provided).

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

it is also worthy to note that Mr. Werner Henle is a member of the World Health Org. and has served as an advisor to the US military on a variety of occasions (see 2nd link provided).

Well, think about it from a medical research point of view. If we find the genes that are being turned on to create cancer, it wouldn't take too terribly much to turn them off and thus win a Nobel Prize.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis

THey're talking about genes that turn cancer 'on'. They want to turn these things on so they can study them.

What are you getting at? That he invented cervical cancer?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
it is not my intention to say he invented cervical cancer, that is obviously absurd. My aim in posting what you quoted me on was that the US Army (possible weapon use?) and the WHO (possible good intentions) were interested in his work. that is all. I guess I don't have faith for most people to read the entirity of the links provided, so i was bringing it to the front.

top topics

join