It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the deal with all of the Stars going Blond and Ultra Skinny.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm seeing it more and more. What is the freaken deal. Jessica Alba, the goddess of Love. Is now Blond and bone skinny. What the H#!! is going on.

Why are they doing this to the world. They used to be so hot, now there starting to make me

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I know what you mean. It is getting pretty pathetic. Some of them have serious bulimia or anorexia issues and they need medical attention. Sad thing is a lot of them don't receive it. Some of them are so skinny I swear they might break if you bump into them. :shk:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have the same point of view...

Some friends would say to me well you would be intimate with Paris if you had the chance right? Ah...wrong. I seriously wouldn't accept her even if she came to my house and asked me directly. I find it visually unpleasant and quite artifical and it reminds me of a physique of one of those grey aliens.

I like girls with curves.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've heard that it's a response to the constant availability of food...

In countries/cultures where there's not lots of food, the fat people are held up as beautiful.

In our culture, where food is practically *everywhere*, the skinny people are held up as models of self-discipline and health.

At least if they were healthy, that might be true...

There's a serious difference between being healthy, and being able to count ribs or see the shape of one's hip bone.

The 'twig factor' is a horrible model to give young girls... In fact, even after realizing it's absolute absurdity, I still find myself battling with 'I'm not skinny/beautiful enough' issues. I've been inundated with this crap... (this is why I refuse to watch tv, or read popular magazines... I HATE my brain's willingness to constantly compare myself to an airbrushed model...)

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Simple really :

They're cheaper to feed.

Now the blonde thing I can't quite figure out though....maybe it's because no one expects too much from skinny blonde chicks when it comes to intelligence?

I know it's a stereotype - but what about modern entertainment isn't?

new topics

top topics

join