It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

@($&@^!'en Telstra/Optus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok this is my rant.
So please excuse the sevre anger, as I am on speakphone hold with optus now for 17 minutes 30seconds.

Ok,
2 months ago, 2/12/06 I signed up for ADSL ( Broadband ) and a phone line.
My apartment ALREADY had a phone jack in the house.

It has been 2 months, and I am yet to have a simple f'n dial tone on the line, or even my ADSL Account created.
I call my provider 'westnet' and they tell me optus are dicking them about, not returning calls, and are continuously telling them they are working on it. I asked him when id be up, westnet said they are waiting for the manager to get back to them, to tell them WHAT the deal is, as 300+ customers are STILL waiting for a dialtone/adsl connection.

SO... i call Optus, they refuse to put me through to the department whom handles exchange connections. And I was advised I have to talk to my provider... AGAIN.

So I call the provider saying optus wont gimme an answer, you need to give me one, he advises me that he has been TRYING To contact Optus to get some clear informaiton on why its been over 2 months for his customers to geta simple service. According to him, the managers arent being clear, keep stone walling and putting off meetings.

NOW, I try calling Optus again, climbing the ladder of managers until the head guy says to me,yes we can tell you why.. but we wont because your not part of that company.
'' so why cant you tell that company whats going on, so they can tell me ''
Im sorry sir, we are in dealings with them, and will answer there queries in due time.

WHAT A COLLOSAL f'up.

how can it be so bloody hard, to have a phone line turned 'ON' in the exchange.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How can you pay good money for a service then be DICKED AROUND so badly.

... ... ... breathe... breathe.. ok thats my rant...
anyone else got any UNBELIEVABLE stories of sheer incompitence.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sorry dude I know how you feel

Are you a member of whirlpool?

Great place to put this stuff on the table, you can evening contact a representative from nearly all the ISPs.

This is interesting though you should have a read:

forums.whirlpool.net.au...

Your case is unexceptable since you have no telephony what so ever I say take it to whirlpool and let it rip!

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
you know what, your the second person today to presnet me to whirlpool.
I might have to check it out.

But again, what a Joke.
A simple dial tone, when you live smack bang in the middle of a capital city should not take 2+ months.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I worked many years in the Telecommunications industry and know how frustrating it can be. I did my best to NOT be that person the customer got ahold of that was utterly useless and actually used to always have customers calling and asking for me personally, because I don't BS around. Unfortunately for every 1 person whod oesn't there are about 50 who do.

So if you find you are being stonewalled at every turn, next tme you're on the phone with either company mention you will be contacting the Telecomunications Industry Ombudsman. Or don't even tell them and just go ahead and file your complaint.

If that doesn't get them off their behinds then I don't know what will.
You, as a consumer of the service they provide are entitiled to know what is going on and the Ombudsman is the perfect person to clarify that to them if you aren't getting through.

The TIO IS a last resort but I think that after 2 months of BS fromt hem you would be right in doing so.

I went ahead and linked the site for the WA Ombudsman for you. Good luck!

Telecomunications Industry Ombudsman - WA

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanks heaps,
I will be on the phone with them first thing Monday morning.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Outsourcing is such a bad thing on so many levels although good as well (but not for us
)

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If im not getting answers from the customer service centre always ask to speak to the supervisor, as hard as it is at times always keep calm, and if you still dont get the answer you want email their complaint dept outlining the steps you are willing to take to get satisfaction ie contacting consumer affairs, ombudsman etc.
I did this with a large multinational electronics company when my plasma tv died 2mths after warranty expired, within 2 weeks i had a new one delivered to my door with a digital box thrown in for free.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ive spoken directly to the manager of the company, and he simply said optus wasnt giving him any answers as to why the accounts are being created.
So after ringing optus, and arguing with various managers until someone could gimme a lowdown, they simply said, because your not part of the company, we cannot tell you what is going on.

But I will definately be talking to the ombudsman

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
..and here's a 3rd recommendation to hop on over to Whirlpool

Is there any reason you need to go with Westnet? They've had a pretty bad rap of late, although I think they used to be okay.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
After loding a complaint with the ombudsman, Westnet.net.au had torn up my contract and told me to look elsewhere.

Can they tear up a signed contract, which was paid for? simply because I am looking for assistance in getting a simple, bloody DIAL-TONE?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
After loding a complaint with the ombudsman, Westnet.net.au had torn up my contract and told me to look elsewhere.

Can they tear up a signed contract, which was paid for? simply because I am looking for assistance in getting a simple, bloody DIAL-TONE?

Don't worry there are many ISP's in the sea. This is probably for the better. Now hunt down an ISP on whirlpool's broadband choice, then visit the forums and observe / question to confirm they have no tricks up their sleeves.

Still complain about westnet and optus as much as can on the side and cause them as much problems as possible. Not just the delay for telephony but also for ripping up your contract, I believe anyone has the right to talk the ombudsman office concerning insignificant service
, and if westnet can't deal with it they should go to a corner and cry or seek a therapist

BTW where do you live which city or town do you reside in if I may ask?

[edit on 7-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Glad i read this... we were about to get broadband through Westnet tomorrow. We'll find a different ISP now.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
To be clear,
its westnet.net.au

there's two westnet companies....

check the websites and make sure ... because westnet.com.au ( Ithink) is a large organisation that many swear by

where as westnet.net.au is much smaller, and so far has been a disgrace.

and as for city/ im in Perth. WA

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Knock yourself out Perth metro 1

I would think you have already done this, but if you haven't I suggest you try it asap.

please bookmark whirlpool for future reference.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
After talking with the Ombudsman, I have been advised westnet do have a case to asnwer.
I should contact them directly, lodge a complaint within their companies and give them 10 more days to resolve the issue, or it will go further.

I have advised the manager, who I have had a very heated argument with since the begining of this debarcle.

He has yet to reply for my request of his 'customer service gaurantee' which i was instructed to obtain by the ombudsman.

After looking through the Australian Standards on CSG payments the following website is brilliant

www.tio.com.au...

Being it took them 2x months to connect a simple phone service in a captial city, Im keen to see wether they will resolve this issue with me BEFORE it gets anywhere.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Excellent!
Keep up posted on how it goes.

new topics

top topics

join