It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viacom demands YouTube remove videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
We may end up losing some video because of this

NEW YORK - Media company Viacom Inc., which owns the cable networks MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon and the Paramount Pictures movie studio, asked YouTube on Friday to remove more than 100,000 unauthorized clips from its hugely popular video-sharing site.

Viacom said in a statement that after several months of talks with YouTube and its corporate parent, the online search leader Google Inc., “it has become clear that YouTube is unwilling to come to a fair market agreement that would make Viacom content available to YouTube users.”

more:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I wonder how this will impact us

mod edit to add "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Google is probably like, "Yeah, yeah...get it line!!"

Viacom sure must have a lot of free time on it's hands searching through the hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube. Do you realize HOW MUCH TIME it would take to look through all those videos?

I call B.S. on Viacom.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i doubt they will be removed because, member from the uk and canada have been posting the new eps of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis for the american viewers who dont get to see it until april on tv. one member has been asked to remove the videos, she has not and its been about 2 weeks now, they are still there.

join