It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Jets: Cursed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Theory:

Given the Jets surprising victory in Super Bowl III after Namath's guarantee, and the Jets lack of success since, some believe that Namath made a pact with El Diablo to secure the win in SB III, but have been cursed thereafter.

Anyone else buy into it?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
No, I can't say that I buy into it.

You want to talk about being cursed? Try being an Eagles fan! Or any other Philly teams for that matter...............

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Don't blame Broadway Joe. It was Steinbrenner who sold what little soul he had for Yankees' success. Problem was, Steinbrenner didn't have much of a soul to bargain with (although more than Trump would have) so he had to throw in any possibility of success for the Jets or Knicks. That's also why Isiah is runing the Knicks now. All part of the Steinbrenner sellout.

Maybe.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did Joe Willie Namath leaving the Jets curse them. No. The only curse the Jets have is they let Bellichek go. Probably have had the worst drafts in the history of the NFL. (Last years was pretty good by the way). They are friggin famous for drafting people that we will never hear from again. Name me a 1st round pick from the 80's that was even remotely decent. If I was a Jets I would also do alot of :w::w: and

They let the Mets make people:

:bash::bash:

top topics

join