It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat put on Anti Depressants and treated for anger management?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I have never heard of animals being put on Anti Depressants, is this common, i have never heard of it, is it right?

A cat has been prescribed anti-depressants because she's being bullied by other felines.

Experts say 12-year-old Twiglet also needs anger-management treatment, as she keeps biting her owner in frustration.

And the grey short-haried tabby is becoming a massive moggy, with her weight soaring above a stone - because she is too frightened to go outside.

Three facotrs which are very common among human's but is it relative to cats too?

Twiglet was prescribed a daily dose of the Prozac-like drug amitriptyline- but Jackie says that isn't as easy as it sounds.

I love animals, but putting them on Prozac like drugs just seems wrong.
But i suppose we do it to us fellow humans.

Link.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Right, I don't think people should even be on these drugs, and now
we're putting animals on them.

I mean a cat can't even tell you if it wants to be on the meds or not,
or if it even needs them.

But hey, we already have weight loss drugs for dogs, I suppose this
is'nt a surprising development.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Actually Prozac and other drugs have been very sucessful in treating serious self destructive behavior problems such as birds plucking out their own feathers, dogs biting, scratching and licking themselves until sores form, etc.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cats have cat-nip, Cat-nip gets them high, there are also certain flowers that can induce drug effects.
There are monkeys in a coutry that raid a beach for left over drinks and get drunk.

I saw a programme ages ago and there are so many animals that have there own way of getting high, wether it be flowers or other creatures.
They do it because they like it, look it up you may find something.

So giving animals human drugs isn't such a bad thing as long as it's not harmful...

Link to some info.

Someone has provoked that monkey to smoke which should never have been allowed, but the rest of it is true....

Where the monkeys steal drinks

[edit on 2-2-2007 by chris01621]

join