It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town to immigrants: you can't kill women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its about time Somebody stood up and said you move here follow are rules. you left your old country for a reason. Dont try to make us like them.

news.yahoo.com
"We wish to inform these new arrivals that the way of life which they abandoned when they left their countries of origin cannot be recreated here," said the declaration, which makes clear women are allowed to drive, vote, dance, write checks, dress how they want, work and own property.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I applaud these council members. This has nothing to do with religious freedom. This has to do with Immigrants running away from there country of origin and then trying to recreate the very thing they were running away from. Worse then that they expect to move to a place and want everybody in that place to change there way of life to suite them.

In the united states We are experiencing a serious problem with Hispanics wanting everybody to speak Spanish instead of them learning English. This is not a racial issue. The old expression still holds water. When in Rome do as the Romans do.

No ware does the expression say when in Rome Expect the Romans to change to suite you. Nobody is trying to get people to give up there religion there just saying enough of coming to our country and expecting us to kiss you behind. We will not change our way of life for you. You moved here you change your way of life or go back to the country your running from, and work to improve it.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
is it also true that the mexicians are also trying to drive the blacks out of la.

but on the point, of course, when in rome, do as the romans do. i thought this was accepted everywhere, but maybe this rule is only selective. happens in every country where immigrants slowly erode a countries values. although technically most in usa are immigrants you know what i mean.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I dont know about the LA thing I dont live in that part of the country. In my opinion we should imbrace imagration as our country is based on it. But we should not imbrace the replacement of our way of life so as not to upset the imagrents. You dont move into somebodys else house and expect them to change the way they live for you. You moved into there house now you change or go back to your old house. Its basick commen sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Exactly.

These people are coming here to get away from something, not to bring it with them.

This is the key:

America was built on multi-ethnicity, not multi-culturalism. Each culture can add some "flavor" to the culture that has developed here in America, but cannot strive to replace it.

So, I think it's time for immigrants to learn English and dump the flags, signs and bumper stickers that say "I *heart* some country other than the U.S.A. - or go home to where your hearst still is. After all, the road they came in on is not a one way street.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Exactly.

This is the key:

America was built on multi-ethnicity, not multi-culturalism. Each culture can add some "flavor" to the culture that has developed here in America, but cannot strive to replace it.

Yeah, cos' America can only exist if it cleanses all its people of any sense of self. The American Dream can only be achieved if you see all people as subserviant. To quote Immortal Technique, "The attitude that is fed to us is outside of America, there live lesser people, let them fend for themselves, f*** them." The average American is just jealous of their lack of culture. I know where I am from, I know my history. I am proud of what I am, and I know I am not British.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So, I think it's time for immigrants to learn English and dump the flags, signs and bumper stickers that say "I *heart* some country other than the U.S.A. - or go home to where your hearst still is. After all, the road they came in on is not a one way street.

So are you saying that we should not be capable of loving multiple things
at one time? I can't say that I love Mexico, and that I love the US, or that
I love this earth? Should we only be capable of loving the good ole US of A?
Look I understand that there is a need for immgrants to learn English, and
all of the laws and regulations. But you just cant say, nope cant love Mexico
because you are in the US now even though it is part of who you are. Why
is it that I am required to love and be patriotic to one country? That to me
is like saying that I only love my mother but hate my father. In my opinion
this it just not computable. Are we not all stuck in this Earth together with out any other place to go?
Why argue over something that doesnt even truly makes us different?

Originally posted by angryamerican
In the united states We are experiencing a serious problem with Hispanics wanting everybody to speak Spanish instead of them learning English. This is not a racial issue. The old expression still holds water. When in Rome do as the Romans do.

Could you please show me where this problem is happening? The majority
of the hispanics I know are well aware that they moved to a new country,
and all make efforts to learn both English and the "American way of life."
Now granted there are straggelers that dont conform entirely, but this is a problem
with any race, be it whites, blacks, hispanics or any one else for that matter.
Oh by the way, can you tell me why the Romans incorporated
gods and many other lifestyles into their society when they conquered new lands?
It couldn't be because they were convinced that the Roman way was the only way, could it?

I just dont understand why some people always paint certain groups in society
with one broad stroke. Does not everyone realize that we are all different ,
and not at the same time? We are all individuals, individuals that
make up our one and only society here on earth. Human society.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I find it just a slight bit hypocritcal that a town from Quebec, proud proponent of the 'give us special privledges because we have a special culture and we don't want to be like the rest of Canada' school of thought, has come out with a snide and condescending set of regulations that lay out how a certain group of immigrants should try to assimilate.

Where is the guide for Asian immigrants? Or Filipino immigrants?

Related discussion on Above Politics (shameless promotion
):

Herouxville Sets Code Of Conduct For Immigrants

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subcomandante
The average American is just jealous of their lack of culture.

To say this is to prove to all that you know nothing about America. It has several regional cultures. I'd like to ask you what your definition of culture is, but I am sure the answer would be meaningless. But besides that, exactly what does your comment have to do with the OP?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pjpuas

So are you saying that we should not be capable of loving multiple things
at one time? I can't say that I love Mexico, and that I love the US, or that
I love this earth? Should we only be capable of loving the good ole US of A?
Look I understand that there is a need for immgrants to learn English, and
all of the laws and regulations. But you just cant say, nope cant love Mexico because you are in the US now even though it is part of who you are. Why is it that I am required to love and be patriotic to one country? That to me is like saying that I only love my mother but hate my father. In my opinion this it just not computable. Are we not all stuck in this Earth together with out any other place to go?
Why argue over something that doesnt even truly makes us different?

The simple answer to your question is that these people don't show any "love" towards America. One never sees a mexican flying an American flag along side their own. You never see an "I Love the USA" sticker next to the "I Love Panama" sticker. So, I'm talking about the people that sneak in here and won't/don't bother to assimilate. No, they congregate in their ghettos and just go around professing their love of a place that one way or another drove them away. Therefore, your scenario is not valid.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Removed by poster

[edit on 2/1/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Americans have no culture of their own? WTF? In case you dont know we have many aspects that we have incorporated into our culture. Your statement is actually racist and should be removed. The thing about americans is that we pick and choose what is incorporated into our culture.

BTW, I catch any mexican or any other foreigner trying to treat women like property, I will make a citizens arrest and personally haul his ass to the local law enforcement office. When you came to america, you agreed to abide by our laws and customs. Assimilate or leave. Simple as that.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yeah, cos' America can only exist if it cleanses all its people of any sense of self.

I'm curious as to how Centurion's post 'cleanses all its people of any sense of self'. Is it because he defends the right of Americans to preserve their culture? Do you believe that immigrants should be able to set up small 'mini countries' within countries? Are you for the establishment of Islamic ghettoes where Sharia law rules as opposed to British law?

The American Dream can only be achieved if you see all people as subserviant.

As per response 1 Centurion never implied that the 'American Dream' is about seeing immigrants as 'subserviant (sic)'. He merely suggested that immigrants should add to the native culture, not try to make it a clone of their previous culture. Also I thought that the American Dream was financial security and fulfilment as opposed to seeing others as 'suberviant (sic)'.

To quote Immortal Technique, "The attitude that is fed to us is outside of America, there live lesser people, let them fend for themselves, f*** them."

Yet another random piece of information added to the discussion. So do you believe that Americans don't care that famine and Aids ravage Africa, that Iraqis and Afghans deserve to be killed etc?

The average American is just jealous of their lack of culture. I know where I am from, I know my history. I am proud of what I am, and I know I am not British.

Lack of culture? The U.S has a well-known culture that's constantly been added to/changed by various immigrants. Also I'm not sure why preventing the U.S from becoming another Mexico is being 'jealous of their lack of culture'. And what's up with the 'and I know I am not British' phrase. I doubt it's relevancy in relation to the discussion...

I in general support the new laws. Also I don't see how (apart from allowing Sikhs to carry ceremonial knives to school, though why they would want to is beyond me) these laws could be seen as racist/ anti-religious. Aren't they just protecting the rights of both native and immigrant women?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There is always bad apples. Dont judge based on those that make the press.
For every idiot you see drinking tequila and driving, you WONT see the
100 other immigrants working 3 jobs to put there kids through college.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
I in general support the new laws. Also I don't see how (apart from allowing Sikhs to carry ceremonial knives to school, though why they would want to is beyond me) these laws could be seen as racist/ anti-religious.

These aren't laws, they are a declaration that the council came up with and posted to their website.

The bit about the kirpan is misleading to say the least. The right of Sikhs to carry their ceremonial dagger to school has gone to court and it has been ruled that it is allowed. It is a Charter Right. This town in Quebec would like to keep a certain group of Canadians from enjoying their legally protected rights.

The reason they can be seen as racist is becaus this declaration is only aimed at one group of immigrants, those from the Middle East. Canada has many immigrants that aren't from the Middle East and nobody has ever come up with a set of 'rules' like this for any of them.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
There is always bad apples. Dont judge based on those that make the press.
For every idiot you see drinking tequila and driving, you WONT see the
100 other immigrants working 3 jobs to put there kids through college.

Very true and I work with many of the hard working ones. I however am not judging based on the bad apples. I am judging based on what I see even with the hard working ones there is the complete lack of interest in learning English. I try to teach them and All I get is blank stairs and then they want me to speak Spanish. I hear it 5 or 6 times a day. No No you speak Espanola. A while back there was a big deal about some Mexican holiday ware the Immigrants who work at my plant felt they should all have the day off. I explained to the one who spoke the best English that we hear in the united states do not celebrate Mexican holidays. That did not go over well and several of them walked. We replaced them with useless college kids looking for part time work. The collage kids may not of worked as hard as the immigrants but at least you could understand them.

I don't want anybody thinking ime grouping all Immigrants into this nothing could be further from the truth. But the groups that want to change our country to suite them is a very vocal insistent group. Obviously sense the article comes from Canada it is not just an American problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I don't want anybody thinking ime grouping all Immigrants into this
nothing could be further from the truth. But the groups that want to
change our country to suite them is a very vocal insistent group.
Obviously sense the article comes from Canada it is not just an American
problem.

Can you tell me of one group (organization, corporation, assembly) of
people that has not wanted to change "the system" to suit their own needs?
Look I'm not trying to defend these people and their stubborn ways. But
unfortunately, this type of behavior seems to be common throughout any
nation in our history. You will always be able to find a stubborn wolf in the
pack, the one that never follows the pack.

Frankly though this behavior does not promote efficient styles of living. I'd
probably wager that the majority people that display this sort of conduct
usually hurt themselves more than the "rest of the pack." It may sound
harsh, or even ignorant from some perspectives, but I believe that we
shouldn't even give a second thought to this kind of demeanor. Besides,
anyone should be able to live their lives as they want, right? Well as long
as the said individual is not some clinical psycopath that has an attraction
to manikins.
But thats an even smaller percentage compared to the amount
of people that make up the stubborn part of the pie chart.

An old dog can learn a new trick, but most of the time you have to coax it
along before it actually learns its lesson.

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Obviously sense the article comes from Canada it is not just an American problem.

The article is about a town of 1300 people and there are no immigrants that live there. I wouldn't call them experts on how immigrants to Canada behave.

I'm fairly sure that after this, they will get their wish to remain a white Catholic town.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Obviously sense the article comes from Canada it is not just an American problem.

The article is about a town of 1300 people and there are no immigrants that live there. I wouldn't call them experts on how immigrants to Canada behave.

I'm fairly sure that after this, they will get their wish to remain a white Catholic town.

I think it would be an insult to allow those immigrants to live in a white catholic town! And stoop down to their lazy, hypocritical, murderous genetic level? Unacceptable.

Anyway. To expect women in this, our North American Continent to be forced to remain in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant is still of the norm. So is murder and underage prostitution. I mean look at the numbers if you think this is a generalized statement. When I say norm I do not mean majority but it's still common. To point the finger at majorities (not minorities any frickin' more) and claim that they are destroying our values is ridiculous. We've always done a fine job of that.

In terms of the flags and stickers from other countries, I agree whole-heartedly that they should go back home. America is having enough problems as it is keeping the people born here "patriotic" and happy.

That's another thing. This country is very unstable right now and immigration control needs to be "seriously debated over" at least. Forgive all the quotation marks. I'm feeling quite bitter about the so-called bi-partisanship going on.

Oh and yes yes, it effects Canada too. So what? Same thing. Same people running everything anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by covetous

I think it would be an insult to allow those immigrants to live in a white catholic town! And stoop down to their lazy, hypocritical, murderous genetic level? Unacceptable.

Your post is Unacceptable. so your saying that just because a person is white and catholic they are lazy, hypocritical, murderous. That is prejudice and wrong on every level. Shame on you. Its hate like yours that wont allow for people to get along with each other

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Duzey -

Let me get this straight.......Canada ALLOWS young children to bring daggers to school?

It may be a religious thing...........but it is actually necessary to give children weapons in a SCHOOL?!?

That is stupid if that's the case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join