It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody explain this video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't understand how this could be a flare. Do they drip sparks like that and then float around? But I also don't understand how it could be a craft. Is this a familiar sort of sighting?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

That's the only video I can find of an aircraft deploying flare/chaff anti-missile countermeasures. What your video looks like (to me) is a test of a flare deployment system attached to a balloon of some sort. Why do a full test on an airplane when something catastrophic can go wrong?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple
What your video looks like (to me) is a test of a flare deployment system attached to a balloon of some sort. Why do a full test on an airplane when something catastrophic can go wrong?

very funny try.

NfC

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedalus
I don't understand how this could be a flare. Do they drip sparks like that and then float around? But I also don't understand how it could be a craft. Is this a familiar sort of sighting?

www.youtube.com...

i've seen this video before. but i somehow doubt that those are flares.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy

www.youtube.com...

i've seen this video before. but i somehow doubt that those are flares.

Somehow?
It sure looks like a flare. Hot, luminous stuff is dripping off of it and falling, just as you would expect of a flare. What is there about the behavior or appearance of this object that is any different from a flare suspended from a balloon?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"What is there about the behavior or appearance of this object that is any different from a flare suspended from a balloon?"

I would agree but what starts happening around 2:30 and particularly in the 2:40s when it seems to be flying past some clouds? I'm not trying to make a case either way, I'm just not sure I follow what's going on with the camera and that illuminated balloon or whatever it is that seems to dart away.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's an old trick we used to do in grade school. Attach a small candle to a garbage bag to create a little (or big) hot air balloon. The clip is from an infrared camera, which is picking up the heat source as a lot brighter than you could see it in the sky. The dropping stuff is hot wax dripping off the candle.

The candle either burns out or burns a hole in the bag and the thing drops to the ground.

Hopefully no mouse went along for the ride.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

"What is there about the behavior or appearance of this object that is any different from a flare suspended from a balloon?"

I would agree but what starts happening around 2:30 and particularly in the 2:40s when it seems to be flying past some clouds? I'm not trying to make a case either way, I'm just not sure I follow what's going on with the camera and that illuminated balloon or whatever it is that seems to dart away.

I think the darting effect can be explained by a moving helecopter flying very far away... you know you can be moving really fast, and an object in the distance passes very slowly, so everything in between is moving but the object itself could be still...

When I first saw this I thougth it was a trash bag and some type of candle-like object... After reading other people's opinion its nice to see I'm not totally crazy..

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Dang it , thats what I said when this video was posted the first time, and people jumped all over me for even suggesting it.

Here is the original thread with this video

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Found this on the internet. The droppings from this video would be very similar to the constant droppings from a flare.

yarchive.net...

I'd like to see construction instructions for building one of these. In high-wind conditions (Santa Ana in CA), I guess it could be made to fly pretty fast too.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They were droping chemicals or aliens? what was that stuff coming off the ship

join