It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Govt Keeping it secret, im starting to agree with them

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i already know why they keep ufos and such secret but the more i go about my daily life I realize how most people dont deserve alien technology or should even be allowed to communicate with ET's. id say a good 35% of people are either thugged out, evil, or just scummy as hell. i can tell you that most people do infact base their opinions of people on looks, unfortunately this is still true today and shows how ignorant ppl are. this is important cause i dont want some random pieces of # scaring off aliens or worse getting us into a battle (wouldnt that be fun). what do u guys think?




posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can see your point.

I can also understand why if there is alien contact going on why it is kept a secret from the mass majority - too much is at stake to allow everyone and their little brother insight into matters of this nature.

Humanity, as a whole, is just far too unpredicable and instable to handle widespread disclosure. Too many people would be demanding too many answers and making too many assumptions to ever be fully satisfied with explanations given them.

Maybe one day we, as a species, will grow out of out immature universal perspective and "me me me" mentalities.



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi guys, I can also see red eyes point But assuming his 35% calculation is right that means 65% of people are fairly good. Now it is mainly Governments who tend to cause battles or wars. Now following this through it means that if Governments are keeping Ufo's and Aliens from us for our own good that means the 65% are in charge of Governments, that is surely a good thing. I always thought it must be the 35% who were in charge. I'll sleep easier now.



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Aren't you also judging people by their looks when you say "scummy as hell"?

I agree with you that there are my people that will judge you before you even open your mouth but who is to say that these people will react and pass judgement on an alien the same way they do to their fellow human?



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazmar
Hi guys, I can also see red eyes point But assuming his 35% calculation is right that means 65% of people are fairly good. Now it is mainly Governments who tend to cause battles or wars. Now following this through it means that if Governments are keeping Ufo's and Aliens from us for our own good that means the 65% are in charge of Governments, that is surely a good thing. I always thought it must be the 35% who were in charge. I'll sleep easier now.


I find this quite the COMMENT .... ** It is Governments starting wars and such .... I say ... "SHOW ME" and also ... that % just went up to around ... 47% . in my book



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
IMO religion is the number one factor we arent allowed contact yet and its frustrating to know a huge portion of the planet still believes in what I and many agnostics consider to be primitive superstition "religion". To many mass suicides and groups of fanatics who claim ET is Satan and all that would definatly not go over well, ET is probably talkin to our government and who knows why and about what but I so think they are smart enough to know now is a very bad time to be revealed.

I do personaly despise all forms of organized religion because it does nothing but hold people to standards and ideals that have no basis in reality. Even though we live in the technological age we still have 70% of Earth living in poverty and only a few have the higher education and mindset needed to accept such a giant leap in human existence. In about 20-50 years if there is a really big change on world attitude towards religion then maby the majority of Earth could accept that they arent the center of existence like they assume now. I would love to see ET's disclosed publicly tomorow but to many people are just stuck in their primitive human mentality and nothing at present can change that.



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I can see your point.

I can also understand why if there is alien contact going on why it is kept a secret from the mass majority - too much is at stake to allow everyone and their little brother insight into matters of this nature.

Humanity, as a whole, is just far too unpredicable and instable to handle widespread disclosure. Too many people would be demanding too many answers and making too many assumptions to ever be fully satisfied with explanations given them.

Maybe one day we, as a species, will grow out of out immature universal perspective and "me me me" mentalities.


Hey GE, I can't believe it........I finally agree with someone on this site.
People in general could not handle the truth.
As for me .......well, I'm getting to old to give a rats tail if ET is out their or not. I walk with a cane for balance and folks ignore me in the stores and kids stare at the cane like they can't believe their eyes.
Get my drift?



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
how about if aliens came down and said, "reincarnation is real" ask yourself that question



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It is human nature to judge someone on how they look, its a very basic and fundamental mechanism of the human mind. Its very beneficial and no amount of 'Im open minded' talk can change it.

Sounds like quite elitist thinking to say that that many people do not deserve these things...who are you to cast judgement on anyone? Have you met them all and assessed whether they are 'scummy' or not? What exactly are your judgements and criteria based on?

Join the governments, im sure you'll go far, Ive heard elitists do well...heck why not go in to eugenics to cleanse the human race of its scum?




posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I've met lots of scummy people. stupid rurals etc,

and i tell ya. 99 percent of scummyness comes from ignorance.



[edit on 1-2-2007 by kashyapa]



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This may be a place to put this out there.

Concerning religion and all this thread is saying...

You'll be ready for heaven if you can get along with everyone here on earth first. Can someone go into Walmart or a country club or a homeless shelter or a university and shake hands with, no how about hug, every single person there without doubt and judgement? If not, I don't think you'd be ready for what religion says heaven is.

Next, when are we ready for ET? As a humanity, probably when we don't react by trying to kill them. Otherwise, they'll have to operate in secret. There would be far more people willing to kill them off than to welcome them.



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If the Government was keeping it secret for the right reasons. I do not think they are keeping it secret for the right reasons they are using it for there own agenda.

So much time has past with the lies that it would be difficult for them to come clean for they would no longer have the control they have now.



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes the vast majority of people are ignorant to ufo's/aliens/super-technology... etc. In fact most people in africa still go to sleep on an empty stomach and the gap between the poor and wealthy on a world-wide basis seems to be getting wider and wider constantly. But instead of blaming the people perhaps we should open our minds and eyes to the real culprits!

Who is responsible for so much ignorance, famine and degeneration on this planet. Maybe it's the corrupt system? Look at religion. Most people believe their religion is superior to other religions and the path to heaven belongs exclusively to them. In fact, the religious and political leaders pray on such gullibility and probably like the way things currently are!

The main reason their is no ufo disclosure is because some countries and the military-industrial elite wish to keep this super secret technology all to themselves and thus control/influence weaker nations to always get their way. They must realize that people will eventually get to the bottom of this "scam" and all hell will break lose!

Many decades have past and we still have no disclosure...not even a partial disclosure!!! Do these people honestly expect us to be taken for fools perpetually



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't think religion is the problem. Almost all religions claim to preach love, friendship, compassion, acceptance, peace, etc. which should be exactly what other intelligent species would probably want to see from humanity. I say the fault is past and current human nature of greed, fear, anger, superiority, etc. that hinder so many people from practicing one bit of what their religions say they should do. Religion for most is just an excuse for them to behave that way, instead of a means of improving themselves and others.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by Darkprime]



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
If the Government was keeping it secret for the right reasons. I do not think they are keeping it secret for the right reasons they are using it for there own agenda.

So much time has past with the lies that it would be difficult for them to come clean for they would no longer have the control they have now.

I agree observe50 the government[s] have there own agendas regarding the secrets they keep. If they were to reveal say for instance tomorrow that ET's are in fact real, and that they have been in contact with our government[s] since such and such time it would expose many flaws and possible repercussions in our present way of thinking and seeing religion,government etc .etc.



posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by red eye agnostic
i already know why they keep ufos and such secret but the more i go about my daily life I realize how most people dont deserve alien technology or should even be allowed to communicate with ET's. id say a good 35% of people are either thugged out, evil, or just scummy as hell. i can tell you that most people do infact base their opinions of people on looks, unfortunately this is still true today and shows how ignorant ppl are. this is important cause i dont want some random pieces of # scaring off aliens or worse getting us into a battle (wouldnt that be fun). what do u guys think?


If they keep telling you the lie and you keep believing it you will continue to be ignorant and the 35% of the thugged out evil scummy people will continue along being ignorant.
We need to tell the truth not keep up the lies, the truth hurts but ignorance hurts everyone.
I have no problem if you like to be lied to, but I hate lies and would rather try something else or try fix stuff than be lied to and kept in the dark.
You agree with keeping everyone in the box with the lid shut, why wouldnt you want to learn more than they are telling?
Just think how long they can keep telling you the same story before you are bored, one day you might want a change of story.



new topics




 
0

log in

join