It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFO" totals car in Florida? -film on Fox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Check this video: some on this tape claim it "may have been a UFO"...

Chunk of Ice Drops from Florida Sky - totals a Mustang. UFO?

Before I get roasted for posting this -a disclaimer: As a long-time airline employee and pilot, my guess is this huge block of ice was really dropped from a frozen mass condensed in a wheel well. The ice was not blue so it's probably not from the lav service port, though planes lose blue frozen chunks of "honey bucket" all the time. "Refrigerator-size" blocks of clear ice is a bit unusual, I'll admit...

Anyway - the report claims no aircraft were in the area and clear skies - so if not from an airplane, where DID it come from?

[edit on 1/29/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Outrageo... Don't do this. Especially now. It's not a UFO. It was ice --- origin unknown. And I suspect if you read the link you posted you knew that already.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Excuse me? The reporter and witnesses said some were thinking it may be a UFO - not me. The mention of a possible UFO involvement is what made me think some on ATS would like to have a look at the video - that's all.

Repeat: my belief is that this came from a large aircraft letting loose of huge chunk of ice, perhaps after opening a wheel well upon a descent approach to a local airport after descending from altitude. Just my guess: the FAA may decide otherwise...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Repeat: my belief is that this came from a large aircraft letting loose of huge chunk of ice, perhaps after opening a wheel well upon a descent approach to a local airport after descending from altitude

Sounds about right to me too, even though they deny any planes were in the area. Tampa airport is right in Hillsboro county where this happened.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ice from the sky

Oct. 22: Des Plaines, Ill.

Two men see a block of blue ice 2 feet by 3 feet fall from the sky after a plane passes overhead. It lands in the street and smashes into pieces. It's believed to be from a leak in the plane's lavatory tanks.

April: Oakland and Loma Linda, Calif.

In Oakland on April 8, a chunk hits a field, forming a crater about 2 feet wide. In Loma Linda on April 13, a chunk the size of a microwave oven plummets through the roof of a recreation center. Because the ice was white, authorities said they weren't sure whether it was from a plane or natural.

February 2003: Santa Cruz, Calif.

On Feb. 12, a chunk of blue ice hits a 40-foot boat in Santa Cruz harbor, smashing a skylight. On Jan. 19, a basketball-sized piece crashes through a bedroom roof.

Oct. 22, 2002: Lititz, Pa.

A 30-pound chunk of white ice falls into a yard. Witnesses said it sounded like the whoosh of a Fourth of July rocket.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks, Rock - the blue ice is definitely from the lavs of commercial airliners - I've seen lots of those...

Prob the FAA can't deny those (and thus avoid insurance claims). My guess is they'll try to tap dance around the clear 'fridge' ice block, though...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Excellent find! I can't wait to here what comes from the investigation on this one. I'll bet it will be very little info or disinfo.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is it possible the government is blasting UFO's from the sky and not telling anyone for fear it would cause a panic. The last 10 years I have read and heard about ice falling and sometimes even rock formations. Also, it could be from meteors/asteroids. However, recently, it appears to be happening more frequently. It is not just normal hail. One report said the ground was covered and the large piece is what totaled the car.

Meteors, asteroids, ufo's, either way it seems somewhat apocalyptic.

top topics

join