It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My OBE Experience. A True Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I want everyone to know that the story you are about to read is an actual account in my life the profoundly change the way I look at life and who I truly am. I was a bit hesitant on posting it but here it is.

It was about 20 years ago. I will never forget what happened to me because I was scared to death after it happened. And it forever changed my perception of life. I was in my late teens and the group of guys I hung out with decided that they wanted to go to Canada to drink and party. I was the designated driver most of the time because drinking was not my forte. Anyhow the bars close at 1pm in Canada and we got over the Ambassador Bridge it was about 2pm, by the time I got everyone home it was 3:30pm. I was a bit tired, but more hungry. I was living with my parents at that time, so life was carefree.

My parents lived in a 2 story home with a finished basement. I pulled up in the driveway about 4pm and went straight downstairs to get something to eat and switched on the TV. The TV was situated directly across from the couch where I was seated. I went to the kitchen, in the basement, and pulled a bowl of pasta out left over from dinner. After eating the entire bowl I started to get really tired and I decided I would go to bed, so I started up the basement stairs.

My room was on the 2nd floor so up I went, past the 1st floor then one more flight to go, by the time I reached the top step I thought $Hit! I forgot to turn the TV off, so back down the stairs I went. When I reached the landing in the basement I turned and looked to the couch, across from the TV, where I had been sitting. I froze up, because there was some guy sitting on the couch that I didn’t recognize, but he didn’t move or see me, so I quickly jumped back up a couple of steps and hid behind the wall coming down the stairs. OK! What do I do I thought.

I wasn’t really scared at that moment just a bit puzzled to who it was. Did a friend come home with me that I couldn’t remember or did they walk in after I went upstairs? Things were a bit off and I was feeling a bit strange. Ok, I am going to peek around the corner here and see who the hell this is. I poked my head out, around the corner, hmmm he looks like he is sleeping, but it’s a bit dark cause the TV is flashing from dark to light, but I think I know him. And that guy is eating my mother’s pasta. I pondered as the TV got brighter and I could see this person more clearly now. This guy really looks familiar…….then it hit me, all at once. That’s me! Or my body or my self…WTF! But…I’m here…….I got really scared. Just at the moment I snapped back into my body, my eyes opened and I was positioned facing the TV, sitting on the couch, with the pasta bowl in hand and adrenalin starting to overcome my body.

I didn’t know what to think. WTF! I was just on the stairs looking at myself or my body now I am here. OK! I am going nuts. You all have to understand at that time you couldn’t just jump on the net and start researching or asking people. What do I do? I sure as hell wasn’t going to wake my parents and tell them what just happened, because for sure they would think I was nuts. So the next day I was up and off to the library, after 2 weeks there nothing, nothing in any areas, psychology, or anything made sense of my experience, nothing even remotely close. And who was I going to ask?

Maybe I should talk to a priest, I thought……….nope, I wasn’t even going to go there. I was drawn to a little off the wall book store, in my area, that I thought might have something I could use. The bookstore was a combination psychic shop and metaphysical bookstore, at that point I had never even read a single book on metaphysics, or stepped foot into a shop like this. So I spent about 1 hour flipping through books but I found nothing. A lady near me was sitting in a chair reading a book, she had been there a while and I was getting a warm feeling from her, she looked over and said hello how are you? I replied, well, not so well, she said is there something I can help you with? I own the store and maybe I can direct you to what you need. I said well you may think I am nuts, but here’s my situation and I told her what happened, she laughed and said your fine you had an involuntary OBE or Out of body experience. I replied a what? Here she said, you can flip through these books here and buy the ones that most resonant with your situation. I thanked her and immediately began my research into what had happen to me.

I was so thankful after reading many, many accounts that I was not alone and it was normal. Most people don’t remember when OBE’s happen. One of the things I remember from a particular book is that most people have experienced OBE’s. The book said something like this: The best indicator is when your laying in bed and your just drifting off to sleep and you feel like you are falling or drifting away and you snap or jolt back into your body and it wakes you. You get the jolt and your whole body jumps. I’ll bet most people have had or remember that experience.

Anyhow from that moment on I knew I was more than my body and that’s when things really got fun and exciting as I began my journey. I hope you enjoyed my story, so am I an ET having a human experience, are you an ET?

`````````````````
Changed title by request

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Realtruth]

[edit on 19/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You might want to look in the paranormal section and look for OBE. There is one subject on OBE that is 58 pages long. I believe most think they are human. I'm curious about the subject and for some odd reason remembered reading an OBE story a few years ago about someone who had supposedly had an OBE experience in the future and in heaven. He wrote that the dead entered heaven wearing the clothes they died in. He also wrote things did not have to happen as he saw but they were most likely unless people changed the course of events. He saw his friend who was in his mid to late 30's suddenly show up in heaven to his surprise. He was wearing something resembling military camouflage but knew his friend wasn't in the military the last time he saw him. He speculated a war might occur where his friend was drafted and the recruiting age would be higher. This guy had an interesting story but he didn't claim to be an alien. I don't know though, maybe you are an alien. If you ever visit another planet, you will be an alien visitor.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
This guy had an interesting story but he didn't claim to be an alien. I don't know though, maybe you are an alien. If you ever visit another planet, you will be an alien visitor.

I think we all all aliens or ET's. Reason being how many people do you know that live past 200 years old. We all die.

Have you ever seen someone that died come back? Where did they go?

If fact, where did they come from?

I changed my the thread title to ET experience, because I thought that may resonate better with people.

Many more interesting things happened since then, which I will tell you all as time goes on.

I can assure anyone that focuses on having an OBE and has great intent, it will happen.

When I saw my physical shell I can tell you it wasn't me, the only reason I knew it was my physical shell is that I was still connected to it and had the instant bounce back.

What if you found out that you had all the tools you needed right there inside you to travel to other planets, worlds, dimensions, places in the world and your didn't even need a spaceship? What would you do?

I could go on and tell people stories about my travels, but it means nothing, unless you experience it for yourselves. I really want that for everyone, but remember we are here for a reason and that is why we occupy these shells we call body's, so live life to the fullest and maybe do the OBE thing as a side gig.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This thread really belongs in the paranormal studies section.

Its not a bad thread, but it really doesn't have much of anything to do with the subject of extraterrestrials.

I'll try to remain on topic though. Why do you think you are an extraterrestrial? Just because you had an OBE? It could just as well be that you are a human that had an OBE.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hi Realtruth!

You did a great job clearly explaining your experience. Wow! It's incredible.

I had a similar thing happen to me when I was a teenager, but it's not nearly as dramatic.

One night when I was 13 or 14 years old and had gone to bed and was drifting off to sleep I opened my eyes to see that I was looking down on my little brother (who slept in a separate room). I saw the funny way he was sleeping, with the sheets all twisted around his legs and his pillow on the floor. I saw his clothes in a pile at the foot of his bed (not unusual!) and a yellow plastic bowl with a spoon in it and the remains of Captain Crunch cereal on his night table.

I don't remember having any thoughts or emotions, I was just looking. The next thing, I had that horrible cold SNAP back to my body. That awful electric-shock thing that wakes you up sometimes.

When my heart stopped racing I got up and went to my brother's room, and yup - every last detail was just as I had "seen" it.

Now back to your story. It seems very unusual in that you saw yourself.

I don't have any theories as to what happened to you. I do know that the universe is a strange, strange place.

I hope some paranormal experts will give us their 2 cents on this.

Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I hear ya! It does wake you up to the fact life is really unknown in many ways.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well thank you for you input. You see we are not human, any of us. We are not our what most of us think we are, being a human vessel.

I posted my first experience, but I have not posted what I have seen, experience and learned since then.

en.wikipedia.org...(disambiguation)

Being out of a human body allows you to do and see many things that you would not see in body because you are pure energy.

Let me ask you a question when was the last time you saw someone take their physical body when they died? That is why I believe we are spiritual or ET beings having a human experience.

Until you experience it yourself, I am talking to you about something that words can not truly define.

Originally posted by Frith
This thread really belongs in the paranormal studies section.

Its not a bad thread, but it really doesn't have much of anything to do with the subject of extraterrestrials.

I'll try to remain on topic though. Why do you think you are an extraterrestrial? Just because you had an OBE? It could just as well be that you are a human that had an OBE. Our true essence is pure energy not the physical matter we see day to day.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is there are particular method of OBE that anyone has found better to use?

I have found that a simple method of physical body meditation and conscious projection works great.

I have tried the lucid dreaming method but that just ends up in strange dimensions and sometimes just wakes me up.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The method I currently use has worked 2 out of the 3 times i've used it. There is no specific name for this technique but most would call it mind awake/body asleep, basically you juss lay stay as still as you can until you start feeling the "pre-OBE vibrations". The con about using this method is it juss takes forever.!!! lol. Each time it took me about 45 min before i felt anything. But around the 1 hour mark i started to get some pretty intense vibrations, I mean it got to the point were it felt as if something was pulling me up by my torso. I has trouble getting my head out tho. I havn't had a fully conscious OBE....yet but I know im not far from one.!!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Hiya, just wanted to say that your experience is normal and an important part of shamanic training-see Carlos Castaneda 4 example- and that it was the right time 4 you to go thru that. Maybe reassess your beliefs etc etc Robert A Monroe clearly explains in his trilogy how you can use this skill you have. Keep practising and have fun! Blessings and Love!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pixie373

Pixie welcome to ATS, this experience happened over 20 years ago.

Robert Monroe is just one path to follow, so many out there.

And personally I think Astral travel is something we should be encouraging from a very young age, but with the advent of our society we focus on material things about 98% of the time, meaning if something isn't tangible most people can't quantify it in their physical minds, so it becomes a trivial matter.

Thanks for reading and have fun with your OBE's.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Please tell more about your travel.
However I would be afraid if something goes wrong you migh not be able to return to your body means your body would die before your time.

join