It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furry little animal creature

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
About three times now i have heard reports from friends and those living with me that a furry little animal about the size of a cat is in rooms of mine that is seen out of the corner of the viewers eyes then dissapears. This phenomia has followed me now to 3 homes and I dont think it is a rat or mouse or anything larger than that alive at least. The reason why is whenever someone spots it, we go to the room to investigate and it is impossible to have escaped the room, yet it is gone.

The first time it occured was in my previous rennovation house, workers were doing painting and remodeling when one said that a very large furry creature ran down the hall and into a room. They described it as almost the size of a cat, but short (like a ball) and extremely spiky brown (i think) hair. They said they had NEVER seen a creature like that before and it definatly was NOT a mouse.

My girlfriend just last night who never heard about this previous incident just described seeing the same exact damn thing in our bedroom while we were in the living room. I dont think whatever it was had a tail. I personally have NEVER witnessed it myself, but always accompany those who have in persuit of it. I dont know if those around me are losing their minds or if this is some sort of common entity of the paranormal realm?...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I have seen a youtube video where they have a similar problem in the apartment,a dark ball with small stubby legs runs across the living room under the couch and vanishes,they see it all the time at the corner of the eye but it runs so fast they never get a good look.until they recorded on video.Could be fake but it sure looks real, the thing really moves fast.Way bigger than a normal house mouse.I have also caught small creatures out in a forest watching me ,invisible to me but not my camera....shown in this Link....
s32.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
I have seen a youtube video where they have a similar problem in the apartment,a dark ball with small stubby legs runs across the living room under the couch and vanishes,they see it all the time at the corner of the eye but it runs so fast they never get a good look.until they recorded on video.Could be fake but it sure looks real, the thing really moves fast.Way bigger than a normal house mouse.I have also caught small creatures out in a forest watching me ,invisible to me but not my camera....shown in this Link....
s32.photobucket.com...

Invisible to the camera as well, you are simply seeing what you want to.

Regarding the earlier mentioned video though, I think I know which you are speaking of and that one, at least to me, looks completely unexplainable. To the poster, you will need a bit more info for anyone here to have an opinion about your story. We see a dozen random paranormal "stories" a week you need to post an idea of what it is or even better a picture or video, motion activated capacity doesn't cost that much to outfit a camera with; if you are really curious invest in one.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
yeah i have all that motion activated equiptment, and ghost hunting gear. I set it all up before going to bed that night.... nothing went off. No EMF meters or IR wireless motion detectors. I was just wondering if this weird whatever it is, is occuring to others , and not just following me around

Yeah i guess it is seen out of the corner of the eye, it is an animal with a very unusual size and shape. and the second poster described it according to the witness accounts i have heard. (I have never seen it, or subconsciously instantly ignore/dismiss it if i have)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
is that the video in question?

i think i've heard this discussed on ATS before and the majory of useres thought the video was fake, always looks scary as hell to me. Again i've never seen the creature in question, but i guess it might be similiar to that?... if this is the video you are reffering to.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Your link is broken, if it is the one with the Brownie/ Spritish looking thing that runs by the camera right at the end, that is the one. Scared the #### out of me as well, real or not.

Here is a brief link about the lore behind Brownies, many cultures have stories about them, the majority come from Scotland though it seems. Just my thoughts if their is any validity to the video or your experiences. I know I have read somewhere that leaving milk out for them either drives them away or they appreciate it, can not remember. That's if you believe in that stuff though, I do not know what I think.

Edit: Just an idea, this might do better in the Mythical Beasts section.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Baphomet79]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Maybe it's a dust bunny

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Here is a brief link about the lore behind Brownies,

To the original poster. Do you "lose" things alot? I believe brownies are very mischievious like elves. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i lose ALOT of things, seriously. They never reappear. I also have that attention problem, so i always thought it was just me lol. But seriously, i really do alot of things that never ever turn back up on the face of planet hiii_98.

I'd like to know more about the brownies
really! I've never read anything regarding this creature or paranormal beast. (i believe it does belong in this section as whatever it is does not appear to wholly reside in this dimension).

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(elf)

also sorry about the youtube link, it went down for some reason, and yes it is the crazy brown poodle like thing that flys by the camera, scary as hell.

He is said to have been a jolly personable being with a broad blue bonnet, flowing yellow hair, and a long walking staff.

hehe i dont know if thats what they saw. I'm still reading, and what i found interesting is that my finacee who is from Ukraine, told me an almost exact story about a mostly invisible tiny little man believed to live in all houses in her country, who causes mischief and that he needs gifts to appease him. I laughed my ass off at her silly little man story... and would always tease her about it for months after,.... now i'm starting to wonder!

[edit on 29-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Woops sorry, failed to post that link, you found it. From what I understand they are not mischievous but helpful, and simply extremely shy. (Once again I am talking about the lore, not saying I believe in such a thing.) If you really are losing a bunch of stuff unexplainably, that would be more along the lines of the tales of a Boggart or a Hobgoblin (not the Lord of the Rings Hobgoblins so no worries on that front
.)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
whatever it was was described more as a creature than as a lepricon.. any other weird crypto creatues or paranormal buggers that might fit the bill?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
wow i think we figured it out.

en.wikipedia.org...

that is exactly what she told me about in Ukraine, and now seeing the wiki article i'm more impressed. This furry smucker was following me around for years now
i've never seen it but maybe this is it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If a domovoi becomes unhappy, it plays nasty tricks on the members of the household. Those include moving and rattling small objects, breaking dishes, leaving muddy little footprints, causing the walls of a house to creak, banging on pots and moaning. If the family can determine the cause of their domovoi's discontent, they can rectify the situation and return things to normal. If not, the spirit's tricks may escalate in intensity, coming to more closely resemble those of a poltergeist (cf. tomte), or he may threaten to stifle people in their beds (this myth is likely to be based on sleep paralysis).

wow maybe this does belong in the crypto section . interesting stuff. We do hear alot of creaks at night, and i have sleep paralysis.

Man if he's going to stay here and eat my food, and make "dirty little footprints", then i think i'm going to have to put him to work LOL

it is interesting however how all different cultures have different names for a similiar tiny "household diety" . This might also help explain some stories i've read on ATS regarding people seeing tiny people that appear dissapear in their house.

On the other hand the entire notion, besides sounding absolutely rediculous, sounds like a old wives tale to get a husband or wife to do the holdhold chores and failure to work or abuseful actions could result in a negative reaction by a otherwordly force... In other words a tool for husbands / wives to keep the perspective other in line.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
here is the youtube video

i just did some major photoshop work on the creature in the video and came up with the following enhanced image

to my knowledge no one has ever properly investigated that video to enhance whatever it is that runs across the floor.. Hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
wow i think we figured it out.

en.wikipedia.org...

that is exactly what she told me about in Ukraine, and now seeing the wiki article i'm more impressed. This furry smucker was following me around for years now
i've never seen it but maybe this is it.

I think you might have a somewhat of an answer. From the same artcle.

[edit] See also
Household deity
Brownie (elf) (Scotland and England)
Tomte (Scandinavia)
Lares (Roman)
Tonttu, aka Haltija (Finland)
List of Lithuanian household gods
Kikimora, aka Shishimora
Kobold (German)
Legendary creature
Sprite

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i think i already stated the answer myself in my last post

it is interesting however how all different cultures have different names for a similiar tiny "household diety"

the brownie would fall under the same classification of a household diety statement i made.

On a side note, my g/f had a dream last night and told me she was in our bathroom talking to the Domovoi, she was not allowed to see him/it? in her dream but it told her that we need to move to another house and we would be much happier there (i love our current house btw). She also asked it what rituals she could do to "summon it". She told me in her dream it laughed at her, and told her to get some logic in her brain as it was already here with us..

[edit on 30-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
so what do you guys think of my enhancement of "the thing" video? Supposedly this is a video of a domovoi or brownie... Or its a stuffed bear on a remote controlled car, who knows. Either way i hope to add some clarity to that very very strange and creepy video.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow that's a great enhancement! That video still gives me the creeps! You know I never thought that it could be just a stuffed animal riding a fast radio controlled car....That is very possible as the enhancement looks like a little teddy bear.I know the radio control cars are very fast too.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hiii_98,

Can you do an experiment? Try putting out some milk or wine for the brownie. See if your stuff stops disappearing. Try asking it what it would like you to do. Just to see what happens.

As to your GF's dream. I thought they were attached to the house and not the person? Maybe it doesn't like you guys and wants you to move? Just a thought.

I know it sounds strange to believe in things like this but people believe in angles that go around all day and night protecting us. People believe in demons out there ready to harm us. We don't think these people are strange for their beliefs, so why should we think it strange to believe in brownies? What's the difference other than just a different type of being?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join