It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian "satellite" launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I read about this today, they have modified a ballistic missile to put a satellite into Earth orbit. Has anyone considered what would happen if they actually put an EMP device up and detonated it over the US? They could fry the electronics over half the country. I hope they arent allowed to launch anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The intentional placement of an electromagnetic device or nuclear in such a way that the device would affect our ionosphere, or satellites, would result in immediate, overwhelming retaliation. First, because a large sector of the civilian market is dependent on them -- So as to be an attack on the nation's economy, and that space is coveted by the world's top military's, and most radiation can linger for months, or years at a time depending on the amount absorbed. This would not be a 'clean attack' on the U.S. in any offensive exercise, the radiation would also down many other's space assets.

The reply to this, I believe, would be an unconventional strike to debilitate whatever ballistic capabilities Iran had remaining.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I agree with your appraisal that there would be massive retaliation, for the Iranians to do it would be suicide on their part, but the damage to the American infrastructure would be done. If the Iranians reach a point of desparation, ie if they think the US and or Israel are going to attack, it seems concievable that, thinking they have nothing to lose, they might attempt such an attack. At any rate, here is an article I read some time back about EMP. Lets hope that they arent that crazy.

www.unitedstatesaction.com...

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Vajra1]

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Vajra1]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Or really damn clever.

Like setting one off right around the same time that certain groups could be waiting inside the country to set off terror attacks in the affected areas (lights out, power out, police would have problems).

What if such a device went off, and then minutes later a dirty bomb goes off in some city, and then 30 minutes later Israeli air raid sirens are blaring because there are incoming chemical / biological missiles into Israeli airspace. Those wouldnt be the only ones, Hezbollah would be shooting every little Katyusha and Fajr missile they had into Israel right as this was all going on. It would all be coordinated by the highest up terrorist leaderships in Tehran/Damascus.

In fact, they probably have some sort of massive global contingency terror plan to kill as many israelis and americans as possible and to do as much dmg as possible while they still had the ability, before they got nuked to high hell. Which would take place.. ohhh approximately 20 minutes after the iranian pre-emptive attacks.

top topics

join