It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Minute, What Do We Have Here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
Beelze, I can't offer support because I don't have kids but from what it seems (although depending on your outlook) in my family we believe this is to be the best part of life, so with that in mind again I wish you all the years of blessings and joy that will come from this.

Thanks so much Selmer2, I really do think that the best is yet to come.

Despite mojo having just shattered the gossamer dream with the brutal reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Just buy double the stuff and get the twin strollers.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree with an ealier poster, start adding things to your weekly shopping list now. Things like diapers, and formula. Formula is so darn expensive today, and not 4 dollars a can like it was 20 years ago when I had my kids. It's impossible to think any woman can breast feed two, and have them both be satisfied!

Congrats Children really have a way of making life complete. Good luck, and keep us posted

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
It's impossible to think any woman can breast feed two, and have them both be satisfied!

So true, we had to use formula and not breastfeed as much as we would have liked. Expressing ended up being way too painful for my wife and Mastitis(think thats right) caused her lots of probs. It was just convenience in the end of moving solely to formula after about 3 months so i could help out by doing some of the midnight feeds. 2 hungry mouths chewing away at you day after day, she deserved a medal.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
So, time for an update Beelzebubba.
Hows it all going, (looks over shoulder) how are you handling the hormonal drama's. Keep us posted.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Id say congrats but Im too young to support kids, Id go on a killing spree if I got a girlfriend pregnant now. Plus my ex just had her kid by a 23 year old, and shes 15, plus I hate kids so I dont know. Teach them to hate feminists, cant have enough anti-feminists now can we?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
So, time for an update Beelzebubba.
Hows it all going, (looks over shoulder) how are you handling the hormonal drama's. Keep us posted.

Hey mojo,
Everything is going fine, there have been a couple of minor hormonal outbursts, (warily looks over shoulder) but nothing too scary. The sickness is still an ongoing issue and combined with a lack of sleep would probably make me feel a little frayed as well. Trying my best to keep her comfortable.

Next week we go for another visit to the hospital and next weekend I'm going to propose (shoulda done that a while ago).

Will be back with more after our hospital visit.

Thanks for keeping us in your mind.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Hey mojo,
Everything is going fine, there have been a couple of minor hormonal outbursts, (warily looks over shoulder) but nothing too scary. The sickness is still an ongoing issue and combined with a lack of sleep would probably make me feel a little frayed as well. Trying my best to keep her comfortable.

Next week we go for another visit to the hospital and next weekend I'm going to propose (shoulda done that a while ago).

Will be back with more after our hospital visit.

Thanks for keeping us in your mind.

Good luck mate, funny but my wife was never very sick with the twins but had terrible morning sickness with the other two single birth's.

Lack of sleep is the real pain, as im a permanent nightshift worker it wasnt so bad for us as i was generally able to sleep when she was normally up and about and vice versa.

Best of luck with the proposal, make it as romantic as possible, my biggest mistake was asking my wife while we were watching the footy, she's never let me forget.

Mojo.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Congratulations!

Welcome to the world of stress.
Problem with twins: if you only have one kid,
you know who broke it!!

Hope everything goes swimmingly.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
Best of luck with the proposal, make it as romantic as possible, my biggest mistake was asking my wife while we were watching the footy, she's never let me forget.

Mojo.

A few weeks ago Rose Tattoo played at one of the seedier pubs here. I was seriously contemplating proposing there, amid the mud, the blood, and the beer. It would definately have been a memorable evening!

Then I came to my senses.

Thank you subject x. At least the stress won't make my hair any greyer...

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

A few weeks ago Rose Tattoo played at one of the seedier pubs here. I was seriously contemplating proposing there, amid the mud, the blood, and the beer. It would definately have been a memorable evening!

Then I came to my senses.

[edit on 4/3/2007 by Beelzebubba]

Haha Angry Anderson could conduct the service!! that would be classic.

here's a pic of my twins.

" border=0>

[edit on 4/3/07 by mojo4sale]

[edit on 4/3/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Omg, wow! All I have to say is congrats!

It's going to be quite a handful, I imagine, but I'm sure you and your woman are going to be just fine! What a lovely event!!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Start sleeping as much as humanly possible... cause you're not going to be getting any of it once they're born.

Congratulations though! Got a cigar picked out for the occasion?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
When you have the baby shower ask for diapers only. My mom said she was glad to have had twins - one of each - and got it over with in one shot. I hear my dad was greatly congratulated on the apparent swimming ability of his "boys." So, congrats!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So, this is a little late, but ginger really helps for morning sickness and nausea in general.
Also, here's an article you might find interesting
:
Fathers of non-identical twins have better sperm

By the way, don't worry about having babies...they're easy. It's when they become teenagers that things get rough.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I am a twin myself! All I have to say is CONGRATS!!! Twins are definetly a unique expereince among having children! Trust me, I remember the antics me and my sister used to pull...watch out! I love being a twin, its an experience that really is beyond words. She is my best friend and we understand eachother so well we often dont even have to talk to convey how we feel.

When we were toddlers we had our own "secret language". Yeah...it was total jibberish but we could understand what eachother said. HAHA!! There is a phenomenon in twins called "mirror image twins", if your twins have that you can definetly come to me, im an expert! Its when your twins are litteraly a mirror image of themselves. one is left handed, the other right, one right brained, the other left. ect. My sister and I are mirror image twins...

congratulations! you definetly have a lot of fun times ahead of you! If you want any insight on twins, you are more then welcome to ask

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's been a while since I updated this thread and I thank all those well wishers that have commented here.

My partners morning sickness has evaporated and she now only feels nausea occasionally.

We've got numerous shots of our little ones taken from the ultrasounds. We don't want to know what sex they are (we want at least some surprise), as we'll be happy no matter what sex they are.

I must admit, I got a bit excited when I thought I saw something during the ultrasounds, that convinced me that at least one was a boy. I have since concluded that it was probably the umbilical cord.

("It's a boy! And what a boy!"
"That's the umbilical cord Mr. Simpson...")

We are now going to our ante-natal (sp?) classes.

As soon as I can get my scanner to work I'll post pics.
Cheers,
B.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Today was the day!

My beautiful fiancée gave birth to two beautiful boys today!

They came out via Cesarean at 34 weeks, so they are a bit on the small side at the moment and will have to stay at the hospital for a couple of weeks. But they are healthy and all looks good.

Now comes the task of proving my mettle as a father... :w:

I think I'm up to the task.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Today was the day!

They came out via Cesarean at 34 weeks, so they are a bit on the small side at the moment and will have to stay at the hospital for a couple of weeks. But they are healthy and all looks good.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
I'm thrilled for you! I hope that everybody is happy and healthy! I'd written way earlier in this thread how emotional and life changing the moment is. Did I lie to you? I'm sure that you're going to be a fine father. Treasure every single moment my friend.
Dude - congrats man.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Today was the day!

Hey congrats dude, our girls were 28 weeks and were in hospital for 3 weeks after the birth but 6 years later are the healthiest pain in the arse little trouble makers you could ever hope for.
I'm wrapped for you mate, its tough as hell for a while but multiples are about as special as it gets, just wait until they work out how easy it is to get one over on ya'.
Ever have any questions just send me a u2u, be happy to help out anyway i can. Your first port of call should be the multiple birth support group which you should be able to get in touch with through the hospital.
Keep in touch mate, the most exciting part of your life has just begun.

Cheers mojo. (i'm just having a bourbon and a cigar in celebration)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join