It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why believe in UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi,

I want to know why so many peope, especially in the US, are crazy for aliens, ufos and so on. It is obvious that there are no alines, at least those many people think of: green, dangerous ... . I think the animals, if any, are either smaller than pins and lie frozen on the mars you can also say, with words of an nonbeliever, bacterieas.

Please correct my Englisch, I am trying to imporve it!

Thank you

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Don't believe: understand.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If people want to believe in Aliens, UFO's, whatever they want to, they have the right. If people think they are real, thats what they think. It doesn't matter if you think they are real or not, they do.

If you don't believe in it thats fine too. Just don't critize other people for believing in them. No one is forcing you to believe anything.

[edit on 25/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fidel
Hi,

I want to know why so many peope, especially in the US, are crazy for aliens, ufos and so on. It is obvious that there are no alines, at least those many people think of: green, dangerous ... . I think the animals, if any, are either smaller than pins and lie frozen on the mars you can also say, with words of an nonbeliever, bacterieas.

Thank you

Why not believe? If you chose not to than you cut yourself off to rational thinking. I think its more rational to believe than not. There is still plant life and animals that we have not identified on our own planet. What makes you think we are all alone in the entire galaxy?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
First you must believe in the possibility of aliens. Then you must ask yourself why every country in the world has had some kind of siting of somekind. If you don't believe in the possibility ask yourself. Is everybody crazy and i'm the only sane one. With the efficiency the galaxy shows every where else doesn't seem like a waste if we are the only ones. Why build all these other stars, galaxys, etc. Is it some kind of special show just for a select few humans, and animals on Earth??? If religion is stopping you from opening your mind. This you must realize that the people in charge don't know everything. There is no spot in the bible that says that we are the only intelligent people allowed in existance. If there is no possibility of other life, then why does our government fight so viemently to deny it? If they themselves didn't believe they would just ignore the few who went against. They wouldn't make people disappear, they wouldn't ransack offices, threaten individuals and groups. OPEN YOUR EYES..................................................

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hi,

Thank you

If you are a person with common sense, then you should know, that it's impossible that we are alone in the universe or our galaxy. Even the "great" scientists admitt that.

And another thing i might add: Everybody has the right to believe what ever he/she wants. Nobody should be forced to believe in another persons worldview.

You have your worldview and the others have theirs.

You don't believe in other lifeforms, ufos, and "visitors" that come to earth from time to time or that are around in our solarsystem or that we are alone? well fine, so be it. But not all people are the same like you. Some are open minded and not "asleep"

I guess it's simply the fear of the unknown. Some kind of protection for 90% of the mankind and perhabs it also has to do with the ego.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok, here I am again

I can imagine that there are creatures in space (I called these bacteries) but I oppose the imagination that foreign creatures are flying around the globe and it is tyipcal that the most unidentified flying objects are seen in the USA, this is the way Hollywood sees it (and many others too). In other parts of the world the believe in UFOs, Aliens and so on is not so stong than in the USA (nothing against Americans!!!) because there the influence by scien-fiction on people is stronger than everywhere else and the industry supports that hype (Star Wars Products, Books, Films, Comics, ...) because it can profit from it. (Even a churche was established by a science-fiction-writer). So I prefer the scientifical way to the abstract, given line. That is what I want to criticise. Im not a religious fundamentalist or a bullheaded person.

It would be nice if you can correct my Englisch, please.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ok, here I am again

I can imagine that there are creatures in space (I called these bacteries) but I oppose the imagination that foreign creatures are flying around the globe and it is tyipcal that the most unidentified flying objects are seen in the USA, this is the way Hollywood sees it (and many others too). In other parts of the world the believe in UFOs, Aliens and so on is not so stong than in the USA (nothing against Americans!!!) because there the influence by scien-fiction on people is stronger than everywhere else and the industry supports that hype (Star Wars Products, Books, Films, Comics, ...) because it can profit from it. (Even a churche was established by a science-fiction-writer). So I prefer the scientifical way to the abstract, given line. That is what I want to criticise. Im not a religious fundamentalist or a bullheaded person.

It would be nice if you can correct my Englisch, please.

Thank you

"I want to criticise. Im not a religious fundamentalist or a bullheaded person."
I doubt that...you are a dangerous hardcore skeptic. IMO

Why is it so hard to you to accept that other people believe the opposite of what you're thinking? Why are you trying to convince us of your worldview?

I'm not from the US and still believe in stuff like that, others are also not from the us and still believe in stuff like that. So you have no valid point by just saying " it's (nearly) just a phenomenon in the US" that is just _incorrect_

the rest of your posting has nothing to do with facts, it's just your own subjective assumption.

btw: are you on the job or running a personal agenda?...just curious

edit: typmistake...can we please have a "spellchecker" plugin?
nah just kidding

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
We are not alone, there is too much evidence to support that there IS life not only in this galaxy but others, there are at least a trillion trillion stars in the universe, and WE are the ONLY ones that exist?? please...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
OP! answer these questions please.

Originally posted by HaveSeen4Myself on another thread
The mere concept of UFO Skepticism in itself is a paradoxial oxymoron. If in fact UFOs do NOT exist, then exactly why/when did this exhaustive skeptic movement come into such a seemingly useless existence? Compounding this conundrum is the veracity with which ufology is pursued. Much more questionable concepts are not attacked with a fraction of effort. Why would so many individuals essentially waste their time disproving something so mundane that they claim never existed in the first place?

and why are they trying so hard to disprove everything concerning that stuff, why are they trying so hard to convince us?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yes, it`s true many belief also in ufos outside the US. But most of the fans of the ufo theorie are living in the US and those who living outside the US are (mainly) affected by movies which come from the US!! Again, I also see the posibility of existing life but certainly not ufos, green aliens, or stuff like that. How do you think of aliens? How could they live in space, what technologies could they have...?

Thanks

PLEASE: correct my English

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I won't correct your English, I won't correct your grammer, I won't correct your logic. I'll just say what everyone's thinking: You're assuming too much and your argumentation is idiotic. Don't waste our time.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Corrected English:

"Yes, it's true many also believe in ufos outside the U.S., but most of the fans of the ufo theories live in the U.S., and those who live outside the U.S. are mainly affected by movies, which come from the U.S.!! Again, I see the possibility of extraterrestrial life existing, but certainly not ufos, green aliens, or stuff like that. Why do you think aliens might exist like the kind commonly seen in movies? How could they live in space? What technologies could they have...?"

Most people don't have a very good imagination. When they're confronted with stories of UFOs or aliens, they tend to try and figure out an explanation by relating them to things they already know about -- current aircraft, human beings, etc. They see UFOs as basically the same as our own aircraft or spacecraft, just a little more technologically advanced. They figure that aliens are creatures that are also essentially like humans, with the same kinds of thoughts and motivations, but that look a little different.

But considering the vastness of the Universe, and our own very limited perception and understanding of it, the whole notion of human-like creatures flying around in advance airplanes might be a little short-sighted.

In the old days, people used to attribute things they didn't understand to the gods. These days we say it's aliens. Both are just the same way of saying, "We don't know."

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok, you opose my argumentation. So you believe in green aliens and flying ufos. No problem I accept it!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
@ mr. fidel castro (couldn't resist
)

answer my questions!

thank you for not wasting our time anymore.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay, I have read your question and I hope I have understand it (because of my English)

Let me give you an example why many people are trying to disaprove such theories that there aren´t ufos and so on.
If someone agued to you that grass is red you would also say this isn´t true.
There is NO sensitive reason that there are ufos (ufos, not life at all) the only argument those people have is their "world-view". Oh my god... . I don´t mind when people believe in such an "wold-view", when they are happy. SuicideVirus gave good aspects.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Fidel]

top topics

join