It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted in tifon georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just wanted to share some info with you guys, Im from Tifton Georgia and this appeared in the newspaper today.

www.tiftongazette.com
UFO was sighted near the community of Kelltown about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 17, according to Billy Rachaels of Thomasville who documents UFO sightings for the national organization Mutual UFO Network.

“It was spectacular,” Rachaels said.

Rachaels said the sighting was made of a lone spacecraft just at dark along Highway 319 South.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I didnt see anything, but would LOVE to have a photo come out of this...
any thoughts?

[uncapped title]

[edit on 25-1-07 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Interseting. I'm from Cartersville Ga...havent heard anything about this till now, on ATS. I'll have to keep my eyes/ears open....

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
wasn't there a sighting in Arkansas as well? Who would have though that
the Mid South would be the first point of contact

just kidding....nice find. Things seem to be hotting up in the UFO field.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Rachaels recalled a sighting in 1973 that occurred between Tifton and Ashburn.

“A woman was on interstate 75 going to Ashburn and all of a sudden her car went dead,” he said. “She had to have her car towed in.”

The woman saw a spacecraft and spaceman nearby her vehicle.

Rachaels said he spoke with the woman’s mechanic and the man told him the woman’s car engine had melted from the inside out.

“Spacecraft have been known to stop car engines,” Rachaels said.

Around that same time, Rachaels said a UFO was seen in Doerun. It was flying close to the bridge at the Ocklocknee river. “The spacecraft actually landed in the roadway and blocked traffic,” Rachaels said. “The man who saw that one said it looked like the top of a grain silo.”

Anyone able to find out if the above sitings actually occured?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My son was in Tifton all afternoon yesterday and he didn't see anything unusual.

He drove back around 1:30 to 2:00 and nothing unusual either, I guess it was limited to just one area.

We are in the Albany area.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My son was in Tifton all afternoon yesterday and he didn't see anything unusual.
He drove back around 1:30 to 2:00 and nothing unusual either, I guess it was limited to just one area.
We are in the Albany area.

the incident in question was said to have happen at 6:15, not in the time frame you said.

This "event" if factual is very recent, and MOST SECURITY TAPES will still possible be on record, and i belive that there is somebody on this board who has a link on his sig on how to make a request for some survelence wideos, which are erased periodicly ever couple weeks.

________ Further Anaylas of article _________

Quotes from article, also, quotes within the quotes

According to Billy Rachaels of Thomasville --(More info needed on this person, and establish if he has made any other UFO claims / hoaxs)

" “About 10 to 12 cars pulled over to the side of the road so they could watch it.” " --- That at least 12 -18 witnesses, at one loactaion with a acount that can be made

"“The man who saw that one said it looked like the top of a grain silo.”" --- Long way of saying saucer shaped.

MORE ATTENTION is needed for this story, at least to determine the authenticty of the event; and from there we can see what further investigation this needs.

Seems that 2007 will be a very BUSY year.

[edit on 1/25/2007 by TKainZero]

[edit on 1/25/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yes I know it was around 6:00 in the afternoon but he drove back after midnight.

When I told him about it, he told me that one of his friends from Sasser saw one while in his backyard during the summer.

So he said that if he has known that it was some activity he would have paid more attention to the sky as he drove in the early morning back to Albany.

MBF

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm in Sparks. I read it in the paper today. I have some friends just west and a little south of Kelltown, I'll ask them if they saw anything.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My friend lives in montazuma Ga, he called me to tell me early today.
But i had already heard.It seems to be a pretty big story down there.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
www.topix.net...

This is a tifton newspaper scroll down just a little.

Look for Kelltown reports a close encounter — of some kind

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
to bad there is no interest in this story.. it really seems amazing if it is real.. i don`t understand how come 10 - 12 pulled over to see the ufo and no one took a pic?.. or the guys who saw it land didn`t take a pic..

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just checked the web for additional info on the press report you mentioned. Could not find anything new on your Jan 17 report but thought I'd mention there seems to be a whole load of reports through the years from the Tifton, GA area.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join