It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You folks, especially those of you getting all excited about Australia, need to see an old Sci-Fi movie called "On the Beach".

I'm thinking that in the event of a nuclear exchange, there won't be a lot of safe places in the atmosphere for a very long time. The weapons involved are of a nature and such a number to fall under the heading of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction).

In the event of a major nuclear exchange, not only will the bottom of the world fall out, but it will probably be radiated to the point of killing most all living things through the crazy rationale of Mutually Assured Destruction.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted by Thousand

Tierra del Fuego

About a year ago, a poster here put up about 30 pictures he had taken on a visit there. He was from Argentina. Can anyone find those via ATS search? There were many good pics.

Otherwise, I have read there are only 2 days of good weather a year there. I think the Pacific Ocean is about 2 feet higher than the Atlantic which does not make for smooth seas there, either.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'd say the safest place would be to build a massive underground bunker in the middle of the Canadian wilderness, way up north, that would be radiation-proof, blast-proof, have lots of supplies, etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
what about the fiji islands....it has food..warm climate....and lots of bare breasted natives running around

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
what about the fiji islands....it has food..warm climate....and lots of bare breasted natives running around

Just had a military Coup, strange people Fijians. Live in Paradise but never happy. thay have had 4 coups I thinks in the last 20 years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 26-1-2007 by greenfruit]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I'd say the safest place would be to build a massive underground bunker in the middle of the Canadian wilderness, way up north, that would be radiation-proof, blast-proof, have lots of supplies, etc.

We are talking about VIABLE hiding places. I think that a strike hardened bunker would be everyones first choice, but where are you going to get the $10,000,000 or so needed to build it? (i'm assuming you aren't a millionare)

And if the radiation is as longlasting and as dangerous as is claimed, every human on the planet is screwed. Even Bush, hiding inside his mountain is doomed because he doesn't have infinate food and water. So I don't believe the hype about radiation.

I'm going to take my chances on somewhere like Madiera, Bora Bora or micro/polynesia. Get on google earth and point it at empty ocean to find yourself an island!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Islands could be flooded and completely submerged.

I'm thinking the middle of South America, Amazon country, somewhere between the borders of Guyana, Brazil and Venezuela.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
According to alot of scholars the best location to ride out a catastrophe is Peru in the mountains.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Go to Chile and hide in the mountains, potatos grow well (Incans proved this) and there is guini pigs to eat. Also the height means the fallout will fall BELOW you not ON you. I still like Tibet better though.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I would have to say there isn't one.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
How about twenty nine galaxies away? Maybe that would make you feel safer, the farther from Earth the safer you are.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
politically you can just go to switzerland, or some island in the middle of the ocean, or the principality of sealand, actually you could buy sealand if you have more than 4billion.... it's up for sale...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The answer to this question really lies in the past, what races of people have survived catastrophes in the past ?. Perhaps the last iceage/pole flip ( not magnetic but actual ) happenned to races that currently exist now and survived realitively intact ?

I purport the oldest continuous lineage/culture of any race on earth is the Australian Aborigines which is reportedly 50 000+ years of existance.

To back this up Australia also has the oldest known rock formations visible on the surface of the earth suggesting very little geological activity/changes in the last 50 000 years.

This hole 2012 thing can pinned down to a possible pole shift, which does occur on a relatively regular basis and I strongly suspect that the DK message hints of strange lights in the sky which would be visable due to the relocation of Borealus shifting in the upper atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This subject was also brought up in the now closed thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
>>>>The north Yukon,plenty of water, no humans, plenty of game, good timber and isolated as hell also the whole place is not a target...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
According to alot of scholars the best location to ride out a catastrophe is Peru in the mountains.

This is PRECISELY why it would NOT BE SAFE.

Everyone would read the same books, go there and then fight it out and infect all the other people doing the same.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Carmacks in the Yukon is also a GREAT PLACE to buy a place as "Endoftheworldasweknowit" fall back place. Carmacks has the following BIG ADVANTAGE:-

1. A tiny village miles from anywhere.
2. You can buy a freehold place there for just $4,200.
3. It is built on COAL, so if civilization collapses, you have heating and STEAM POWER.
4. There are NO coal mines there now ensuring that it is NOT a target for a nuke

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by manchurian_candidate
To have the highest survival probability chances you must be in a safe environment
[edit on 25-1-2007 by manchurian_candidate]

In a cave in Afganistan!!! 5 years and a huge military operation later and Bin Laden is still not caught!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i'd like to put my vote in for Wales. Somewhere in the hills/mountains in the centre. High enough that it can't flood and there's lots of mountain streams. Also, who'd bomb Wales or think to look there? (I live in Wales)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ankhnesmeryre
I live in Wales

Tell us about the Welsh conspiracy against Mike Ruddock, what was that all about!!!!

[edit on 5-3-2007 by golddragnet]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join