It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Out of 2008 Presidential Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Kerry has decided not to run for president in 2008. The decision seems to have resulted in a large part from his so-called "botched joke" about the intelligence of U.S. armed forces personnel.

Kerry Decision

Kerry, the party's 2004 presidential nominee, has been acting like a 2008 candidate virtually since he lost to President Bush -- traveling the country, spreading money to other Democratic candidates, and keeping in place a campaign infrastructure that was ready for another presidential bid.

But according to Kerry associates, the senator's plans changed dramatically in the fallout of his election-eve ``botched joke" about the education levels of US troops. The harsh reaction to that incident -- from many Democrats as well as Republicans -- displayed to Kerry the extreme skepticism within his own party about whether he should mount another run.
(my underlining)

After the last election, I for one am glad to see this one go early.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
He didn't have a prayer. And the strange thing about this was that up until his 'botched joke' he was running around calling himself the front runner for the dems. I think he actually believed that.

Anyways .. thank GOD he is out. He couldn't have won, but at least we know for sure that cheese-eatting-surrender-monkey won't be near the Oval Office.

df1

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The democratic field of candidates better hope that Teresa Heinz Kerry doesn't enter the race. Now who is that John fella you keep talking about?

new topics

join