posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:17 AM
I looked for an existing thread in which to post this, but I could not find one. Sorry for starting two threads so simultaneously.
For those of us who have had positive, spiritual experiences with extraterrestrial beings, I do not think I only speak for myself when I express our
discomfort with the terms "alien" and "abduction." At least in my experience, better terminology would be extraterrestrial and invitation. My
reasons are as follows:
1. The word alien as it has been used throughout history up to the present connotes "the other" which we are culturally conditioned to view as an
outsider at best and evil at worst. You see on the news stories of illegal aliens, and in biblical literature read of attacking hordes of aliens. The
word itself is so loaded with negative assumptions that I believe it inherently colors our experiences with extraterrestrial beings. In actuality,
those positive extraterrestrial entities (and the imbalanced ones too) who make contact with us are our extraterrestrial siblings. We all derive from
one universal Source.
2. Again, in my experience, I was not abducted but invited or led into a new life of relationship with extraterrestriual beings for the sole purpose
of spiritual awakening. The word abduction has the same problems as the word alien. It is negative in its connotations.
Let me be very clear: I do not doubt that some people have had "negative" experiences with extraterrestrial beings or what they perceived to be
extraterrestrial beings. But I think there are three main reasons for this:
1. Like energy draws the same to itself. If we expect a negative experience, or dwell on negative expectations, it is highly likely that we will draw
negative energy to ourselves. There are balanced and imbalanced extraterrestrial beings, and negative energy will surely draw imbalanced
2. There really are some imbalanced extraterrestrial beings who do abduct people, but this is extremely rare if other factors are not involved.
3. The government abducts people for physical and psychological test purposes, and somehow makes it appear that extraterrestrials are responsible.
They do this to recuse themselves from blame.
I would love to hear your comments on this matter.
[edit on 24-1-2007 by spiritconnections]