It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abduction demographics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Of the population of people who are abducted, are there certain attributes which seem to dominate such as race, gender, religion, income, or other [insert here] traits?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I actually made reference to this on a thread about two months ago, as I was thinking the same thing! Here were my questions/thoughts.

Seems to me that the overwhelming majority of people who have been abducted are:

1. American
2. Caucasian
3. Christian
4. NOT overweight

Number four to me was what piqued my interest the most when thinking about it. I wonder why that is? Seems to be consistant with some of the abductions being about reproduction, and wanting to take samples for use in projects that are supposed to better their race. So basically, why would they want overweight people. . wouldnt you want the best specimens possible? If anything this lends credence to the whole abduction phenomenon IMO.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Why do they care about religion then?

No Jews? No Muslims? No atheists?

They're not kosher or what?

One thing I've seen is that no significantly scientifically educated person has been abducted and able to have a conversation with them about scientific subjects and remember it.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I've never heard of a typical grey abudction scenario, so popular in the US, happening in Europe. Never once, at least in a credible manner.

It sounds as American lore, more than anything else.

Still, although I believe 99.99% of the abduction tales are hoaxes or induced by bad hypnosis and popular mythos, the 1961 Betty and Barney Hill case gets me thinking (and Barney was not caucasian).

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Celtibero]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If our government sold us to the aliens as described in this article (you can find discussions about this topic here on ATS as well), then the agreement would involve abductions of U.S. citizens only.

www.alienvideo.net...

During the late 60's or early 70's MJ-12 representing the U.S. Government made a deal with these EBE's (extraterrestrial biological entities, named by Detley Bronk, original MJ-12 member and 6th president of Johns Hopkins University). The 'deal' was that in exchange for 'technology' we agreed to 'ignore' the abductions that were going on and would suppress information on the cattle mutilations. The EBE's assured MJ-12 that the abductions (usually lasting about 2 hours) were merely the ongoing monitoring of developing civilizations.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Amongus, where did you get your information? Have you read/researched Bud Hopkins work?

I'm an expert in demographic modeling (it's how I pay my bills). You can't make observations like this without knowing the size of the sub-population (those abducted) and correlating it to the population at-large. If you placed 100 marbles in a bowl:

74 white
11 black
8 brown
4 yellow
3 green

and randomly picked one, you can see clearly what the probability is it will be white.

Reporting of this phenomenon is non-uniform and carries with it misunderstanding and stigma. It's not a medically accepted phenomenon and is explained as other things (night terror, hallucinations, anxiety, PSTD, etc.)

I wouldn't be so quick to draw demographic conclusions about this phenomenon. We simply don't have suifficient information.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
If our government sold us to the aliens as described in this article...

Hi Anne... thanks for the link, you are very kind. I took a look at the article, but it's all about the same stuff Lear/Cooper & company have been rehashing repetedly over the last two decades.

I truly believe your government hasn't sold you over to aliens, and there's never been any shred of proof of these undeground bases, alien treaties and such. Anyway, you are welcome to Europe, if you wish to escape.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I wouldn't be so quick to draw demographic conclusions about this phenomenon. We simply don't have suifficient information.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and add that blacks and hispanics would be far less likely to report an abduction. That is just the impression I've gotten from living in New York. I suppose it's a cultural thing.
As for Asians, I don't know because I haven't known many Asians.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet it has little or nothing to do with anything pertaining to a body- unless the abduction is to tweak genetics. And for that case, I don't know. If it has to do with previous lives, it has nothing to do with a current body.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Here are some demographics/statistics found by one investigator who has dealt with over 2000 victims of abduction, has funded removal of implants from MANY people... The AlienHunter.

Check it. These are all REAL statistics kept by the Alienhunter, and taken from his book "Alienhunter: The Evidence in Light":

45% are of Irish, Celtic, or Native American descent

88% report Alien Imprinted Light Patterns in either visible or invisible range, or both

10% report finding florescence that matches our criteria as Alien Applied

31% report an allergy to procaine/novacaine, or that the drug is ineffective.

35% report "surgical work" and/or implantation performed during abduction. Some of these may be related to screensaver memories. The fact remains: Some of these reports end up in the finding of medical anomolies consistent with the claims.

62% of women report a missing fetus, gynecological anomolies, or being tampered with in a gynecological manner at some point.

63% men report a lump, surgical cut, needlelike punctures, describe other medical procedures and/or a sharp pain in testicles, and/or a period of sexual dysfunction following these memories.

64% have low blood pressure

63% report night blindness

54% report nosebleeds for unknown reasons. Although this is particularly true in childhood, it is ongoing for some into adulthood or even beginning in adulthood.

27% report altered levels of neurotransmitters (specifically seratonin and dopamine) and/or electrolytes (specifically potassium).

68% crave salt.

3% report unusual growth patterns. One abductee grew 11 1/2 inches in 9 months. We get occasional reports of rapid fingernail growth after an event.

30% report strong smells of sulfur, burnt matches, moldy leather, or wet, rotten cardboard during events.

72% have mild to horrific phobias.

32% report promiscuity as a child or teen.

81% are empathic or become so after events.

56% report being shown horrific endtimes scenarios.

77% claim affinity with animals

56% felt suicidal for no apparent reason.

So, which of these statistics apply to YOU??

SPout

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually none of those characteristics apply to me... lol

JSR

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Seems to me that the overwhelming majority of people who have been abducted are:

1. American
2. Caucasian
3. Christian
4. NOT overweight

just a question.
where did you come to the conclusion that the majority were christian?

i read from an abdution group who said, almost all of the people they interviewed, were not christian.

cant remember who it was though....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How many have street light and other types of light GO OUT WHEN THEY WALK NEAR THEM?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
77% claim affinity with animals.

This would be me.

new topics

top topics

join