It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holograms?

page: 1

join
share:
x08

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hey all, I have been looking around for information on holographic projectors. Both of the 2D and 3D variety. Unfortunately, a search here AND through google only brings old information, with most of the newest stuff being from 2005...

What advancements have been made in the technology in recent years? Definition, image production rates etc.

I have also been looking at this and have a few ideas in my head, but not sure if they would work. How is this image formed (scientifically but in laymans terms)? I can read what they write, but I don't completely understand the science behind it yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
domino.research.ibm.com... html

look up liquid nyobyte cyrstals sorry about the spelling

theres heaps of stuff on holograms in darpa funded projects for ibm bell labs honney well ect

x08

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm aware of holographic data storage (though I don't know how it works)... I mean more in the display kind of usage...

the best I have seen so far is this Heliodisplay by IO2 Technologies.. but it is a flat display... though quite good in that it can accept input from any basic video source really (ie. PC, TV etc.) It's not perfect yet... but has a lot of promise..

[edit on 23-1-2007 by x08]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
computer.howstuffworks.com...

this is a good one

and was completed in 97

my old fart funnily works at ibm in belavista sydney its sort of hidden from the public

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Technically, A hologarm is an illusion. What you are looking at is a series of overlapping picture created with light. Your brain tries to make sense of what you are looking at, so it blends them together into a single image that appears to have depth to it.

Hope that helps!

Tim

top topics

join