It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrutiny of Anti-Freemasons

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by undo
Can you link me up to references of Osiris as a lunar deity? For my research.

thanks

Actually, any book or website on ancient Egypt mythology, anthropology, and archaeology will have plenty of details. Bulge's work is considered the authoritive, but the references are legion. A Google search of "Osiris lunar deity" just generated over 42,000 hits.

Bulge? You mean Budge?

Okay, thought you might have had one in particular you prefer. Helps when talking to someone if you are looking at the same research materials.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Bulge? You mean Budge?

Yes. Sorry, typo.

Okay, thought you might have had one in particular you prefer. Helps when talking to someone if you are looking at the same research materials.

A good start is "Seth, God of Confusion" by H. Te Velde. It examines the anomalies between the Osirians and Setians in depth.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So Andy, first you criticise Masonry for it's "exclusion" of Christ in Lodge, and then you take objection to prayers involving Christ in Lodge?

You're a pretty objectionable dude in general, aren't you?

I don't think there's anything we could do to please you... not that I feel compelled to do so.

Anyway, I've previously tried to explain the fact that Masonry contains men from a number of faiths and that, therefore, your blinkered fundamentalist objections aren't really relevant but anyway...

Have I mentioned that Freemasons are universally warned in numerous lectures (including initiation) that the fraternity should never be a substitute for religion? How do you feel about that? Are you simply going to discount this as "Masonic spin"?

Why do you WANT it to be a religion, despite its adherents insisting otherwise? So you've got more competition?

I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

A good start is "Seth, God of Confusion" by H. Te Velde. It examines the anomalies between the Osirians and Setians in depth.

Okay, I have one you might find interesting as well, if you haven't already read it:
Pharaohs and Kings, A Biblical Quest by David M. Rohl
www.amazon.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It must be nice to pray to a god that is no higher then satan.

Hmm... so are you calling satan a god?

Expanding my worldview where my god is no higher then Buddah.

What is your problem with Buddha? Buddha achieved the Perfection of Wisdom & Compassion you know! Yes Compassion - something that Christ also Perfected - yet such that a "Christian"
such as yourself would probably know little about.

When you gather with the lost sinners of the world...

OK, let me get this straight - are you saying that you are NOT a Sinner? That the people that are a part of your life are also NOT Sinners? Then why the need for Salvation, Christ, Religion or the Church?

Christianity is defined by the Bible.

Hmm... I thought that Christianity was defined by the Teachings, Sayings & Actions of Jesus Christ! Also were does it say that you MUST Interpret the Bible LITERALLY? Yet another example of throwing Christ's name around - calling yourself a CHRIST-"ian" & yet acting Nothing like Christ nor following his Teachings! Andy you should try being Humble - I heard that somewhere. I also heard that Pride was a SIN!

The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament.

I Disagree. The Character of the Old Testament God & the Character of the New Testament God (as observed via Christ) are COMPLETLY DIFFERENT!!! One is a Loving, Forgiving, Merciful God & the other (as verified by your own posting) is a Wrathful, Vengeful, Jealous God! Please explain.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Yeah, I agree with this. I mean you gotta look at the bigger picture. There's the bigger picture and there's the BIGGER picture which contains the bigger picture.

For every power there is a greater power. You all thinks that freemasons run # in this world? Think again. There's some organization thats pulling the puppet strings on the freemasons. This organization don't have to be secret, they do things openly and no one takes a second look.

Yeah I know, all you so called "free"masons out there will complain, would like to think that they "run #", that they are acting of their own "free"will. But you forget, "the essence of control, is to hide the intention of the controllers from the controlled.".

Human nature is like that, you say do this, and 9 out of 10 will do the opposite. the beauty of complete control is that there is no chance of rebellion, the people being controlled are bitting at the bit, eager to do your every bidding, without once even questioning wether they are being controlled or not. If the "free"masons are really puppets then they would have no idea who their puppet masters are no more than a real puppet knows anything at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join