It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Input And Ideas For EVP Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hello, My concept is simple and to the point. All I'm asking for from my fellow ATS members is CONSTRUCTIVE input and ideas. I'm not seeking to start a debate as to whether this is possible, or if the EVP phenom itself is legitimate. I have already made up my mind that it IS possible, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to test this idea.
The background: My friends and I have been recording EVP's for about 6 months now, with various levels of success. Some EVP's are very good, and made the hairs stand up on the back of our necks. Other nights have been a bust, ( as expected ). We record data such as the phase of the moon during a session, the atmospheric conditions, etc. We can look back through our log to get an overview of our results. During our reviews, we started to consider whether " energy " levels had an effect on our results.
It's common knowledge that during paranormal investigations the batteries are often drained of their energy in the electronic equipment. This frequently happens prior to some display of activity. The implication is that discarnate entities can use this electrical energy to their benefit to communicate or to manipulate the environment.
The idea: I want to build a device. or use existing technology ( my preferrence ), that will supply electrical energy to these entities to help them manifest. That's right, I want to supply them with electrical energy to help them manifest.
OK- That's the nut: What would be the most safe and efficient way to do this? I don't want to build a behemoth that will open up a portal, I want this to be relatively localized. Portability would be nice also, but I'm sure that in the beginning this isn't practical, as there is a lack of electrical outlets in the field. Safety is paramount- no dangerously high levels of EMF, nothing that will blow up in our faces or trip circuits.
That's it...What are your ideas? Thank you for your time and input.

[edit on 1/21/07 by cosmo dag]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have actually observed that prior to an event occuring, my equipment batteries always seem to need replaced.

Anyways...

What you want to do is essentially provide this energy to them through a larger means of delivery, correct?

You could try wiring up a 100w light bulb to a car battery and seeing if that yields any desirable results.

I'm interested to see how this experiment may end up.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I like the idea of the car battery, and I'm considering it, but I would prefer a source that didn't create light, or emit lots of heat. I'm wondering about a way to hook up some batteries for electronic equipment together.
On the side, I didn't expect this thread to be huge at all... but all of these responses are overwhelming me!
Wow, only one response from all of these people! That's ok with me, it's a pretty obscure topic. I'm still optimistic that more than one person will eventually have some ideas. ( Don't laugh, no really! ).
Maybe if I had presented it in a way that gave people something to argue about! Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This just seems obvious to me, but maybe I am wrong.

If something/someone is draining your batteries, just give it bigger batteries.
The batteries in your equipment can't be that large, and if that small amount of power is important enough to drain, then why not just use larger batteries?

Maybe a dozen fully charged car batteries for example.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why not use something that emits sound, light, radio, whatever waves? Wouldn't that expose "it" to a wider range of wave lengths, therefore increasing the possibility of some type of response?

Just a thought...

What about Infrared light?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not having a problem with losing power, I want to supply power to discarnate entities. I'm fascinated by the idea of infra red light. That's a good idea J.B. I simply thought that if batteries can be drained by these entities, I could find a more direct way of supplying that energy without the gear in between in the process. For example, if these entities can drain a digital camera's battery, what if I had a board with several charged-up batteries mounted to it? This seems a bit too primitive to me on the surface. As for using sound, light, and other forms of energy, I don't want to create a lot of thermal energy because most manifestations are accompanied by cold spots. I'm not sure if extra heat would retard a manifestation or help it. As for sound, I believe that the electronics that are being employed in the EVP process are already being used and manipulated. There seems to be a connection between stored, potential energy, or energy that is in flux ( being sent from point A to point B ), that makes it accessable to these beings. We had an EVP that actually said, " Turn down the light" when we had a light on during a session. ( As an aside, I don't have the software yet to process the EVP's and get audio clips on the web yet, but that will be forthcoming. I'm an audio engineer. ).
I work with electronics regularly in my work, but I'm willing to admit that perhaps I'm seeking a solution that I don't know how to properly articulate.The reason I started this thread was to get some input from other members to get the ball rolling in my head for a solution, or even an innovation in paranormal investigating. Perhaps it can be as simple as placing a charged car battery in the room. Ultimately, I'd like to see a device that runs off of A.C. and has some way to monitor the level of energy being released into the atmosphere, and a way to adjust this " output ". I just worry about creating dangerous levels of EMF. Although I work with audio gear all the time, I'm not an electrical engineer, and I don't have any pratical knowledge of how to build electrical devices from the ground up. I do appreciate your responses and thoughts. Keep them coming as long as your interest holds.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have minimal knowledge about the circumstances that occur in these situations. Do batteries not in electronics near the location of the activity also become drained? If this is the case, possibly all you need to do is make a bundle of batteries..

Have you attempted to use electromagnets in the experiment? You will be able to manipulate the amount of current and strength of the magnetic field without light or heat. While I'm no where near knowledgable in electronics, instructions on how to build small electromagnets are easily obtainable. An electromagnet powered by a battery will follow the connections you've noticed.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmm, EMF reading are often associated with ghosts..so perhaps an eltromagnet would be a good idea!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here is something that should be safe and easy.
Take two big plate conductors. A big sheet of aluminum foil for example. Place sheets approx 5-10 feet apart, not touching. Suspended from the ceiling, tree, whatever. Take your jumper cables and attach the black one to the neg terminal and the other end of the black attached to one sheet of foil. Take the red one and attach one end to the positive term and the other end to the other sheet of foil.

DO NOT DO THIS WITH HOUSE HOLD POWER ie AC POWER. IT WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY DO WITH 12 VOLTS DC POWER

What you have is 2 charged plates that the entity can draw power from. If you want to have some fun put an ampere meter in to the circuit and record the amp draw. There should be none, there should not be any current flowing in the circuit because the air gap is used an insulator, thus the circuit is not complete. If you do start seeing some amp draw then you will know that the entity is "feeding" off of it.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by ultralo1]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I found some interesting links on this subject around the net..

www.ghosthounds.com...
www.assap.org...

Pretty cool stuff.

new topics

top topics

join