It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Freemasonry is secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In more proper and unadulturated rebuttal to the comment that if there is something good in Masonry it should be shared with everyone I would start the debate that what is truly good to mankind must be kept from the public.

Freemasonry has secrets, more than signs or words and grips. Secrets that is shared through ritual to every Mason who going through the steps as all who have gone that way before them - take upon themselves an understanding that is their own and can only be related to another Mason.

Just as a bond is formed between soldiers that cannot be shared beyond, or between sailors, or between thespians. Though a story may share the ordeal it will not share the experience.

And so what good Masonry gives cannot be shared with the public for two reasons the first already being given above.

The second, because the public is bruttish and unintelligent. The public destroys beauty it does not appreciate. They mold truth in their own image they do not learn they teach.

The public would destroy the beauties of Freemasonry as it has the beauties of Christianity, of philosophie, of political theory, of enlightenment, of art, of media, of music.

What is good should always be kept from the public and left only for those who through their actions prove themselves worthy enough to be keepers of such a truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Excelent post Frei, you hit the nail on the head about humanity in general not being worthy of some secrets. I think you have inadvertantly hit onto the reason why lots of important facts remain hidden and possibly why the Governments of the world don't share important facts with us civilians.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When power is concerned anything becomes corrupted so I wouldn't say that governments hide information only for benign purposes but definately a normal person has some compassion and sympathy for his fellow man so even in the most powerful of institutions they are looking out for everyone.

So to some degree a government may hide information to keep their people safe - the US is most noteable an open society yet full of many national "secrets" which are sometimes declassified and sometimes not.

Many love to attack the US government as hiding aliens or having brainwashing programs or whatever.

But really the secrets she keeps are vital information on resources and materiel for war or production or economy she keeps from enemy nations such as Russia or she keeps from the public so such enemy nations do not learn what she knows and as such keeps her citizens safe.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
In more proper and unadulturated rebuttal to the comment that if there is something good in Masonry it should be shared with everyone I would start the debate that what is truly good to mankind must be kept from the public.

Freemasonry has secrets, more than signs or words and grips. Secrets that is shared through ritual to every Mason who going through the steps as all who have gone that way before them - take upon themselves an understanding that is their own and can only be related to another Mason.

I strongly disagree! Why do you think we, the "nonmasons", should be left ignorant of masonic motives? I am not interested in the hand shakes, signs or grips, I am merely interested in not being dominated and living in a peaceful and democratic world where the people decide their future and not the illuminati/masons and/or covert(potentialy evil) government!

The second, because the public is bruttish and unintelligent. The public destroys beauty it does not appreciate. They mold truth in their own image they do not learn they teach.

The public would destroy the beauties of Freemasonry as it has the beauties of Christianity, of philosophie, of political theory, of enlightenment, of art, of media, of music.

What is good should always be kept from the public and left only for those who through their actions prove themselves worthy enough to be keepers of such a truth.

Again I strongly disagree! So I guess we (non-masons) are all dumb and ignorant and don't deserve enlightment and/or respect

PS>I hope other masons don't share your selfish, twisted "elitist" reasoning!!!

Cug

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticGreek74

Again I strongly disagree! So I guess we (non-masons) are all dumb and ignorant and don't deserve enlightment and/or respect

If you want to know the "secrets" of Freemasonry join Freemasonry!

Next thing you know people are going to be sitting outside the gates of Harvard demanding to know the "secrets" of the MBA degree.

Sometimes you have to work for things.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I strongly disagree! Why do you think we, the "nonmasons", should be left ignorant of masonic motives? I am not interested in the hand shakes, signs or grips, I am merely interested in not being dominated and living in a peaceful and democratic world where the people decide their future and not the illuminati/masons and/or covert(potentialy evil) government!

I must agree with Cug's response. He put it plainly what I put elegantly - the reason you don't "deserve" the secrets is because what have you done for them? Is Masonry the only way? No - I would say many paths lead to the same truth Freemasonry teaches.

But are you willing to follow any of those paths?

The masses are not.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Do you really believe this? Let me disagree once again! My view of the world is that there are good/bad, educated/uneducated, selfish/unselfish, tolerant/intolerant, etc...people from all walks of life, from every country and from all races wether one belongs to secret socities or not!

I must agree with Cug's response. He put it plainly what I put elegantly - the reason you don't "deserve" the secrets is because what have you done for them? Is Masonry the only way? No - I would say many paths lead to the same truth Freemasonry teaches.

What do I have to do to learn the "secrets"? Do I have to join freemasonry or some other secret society? What is the "truth"? Why hide the "truth"? Again, I say I am not interested in the rituals only the motives!

PS>Admit it! ITS ALL ABOUT POWER AND DOMINATION! I WANT NO PART IN IT!

Thanks, but no thanks!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Freemasonry is secret because for many years, you could be burned at the stake for heresy.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Skeptik you argue against your own argument.

Yes there are good and bad stupid and smart people in public. There are both.

Freemasonry ensures to best filter them out and take only the good smart ones. As any position of real power should also do.

The public is the last place you would want to entrust goodness.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I prefer to use the word "Private" instead of "Secret" for the simple reason that the average anti masonic conspiracy nut will scream bloody murder if you pry into his privacy... it is only OUR privacy that needs looking into.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
If you want to know the "secrets" of Freemasonry join Freemasonry!

What if you are a woman?

I am all for privacy and I am not someone who thinks that Masons are trying to take over the world. I have virtually no problems whatsoever with Masons and I often wonder why the SS forum seems to focus on them so much.

I just wish that there were a way for women to join. I do have to wonder why, if the Masons are there to help one live up to their fullest potential, if they take good men and make them better, if they provide a path to a more noble life, etc - then why shouldn't women be allowed those same opportunities?

Just about any man can join and find out what is really going on. The secrets, when you get right down to it, are really only being kept from women.

[edit on 1/23/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Much like the Holy Ghost which we are not allowed to speak about.
I agree fully that it should not be said the public and I would put the smart money on that the true secrets will never come out to the public. We as Masons have joined for individual purposes, some of us may have greater or lesser understandings and so on but we all have sought Masonry out for our own personal reasons and most importantly on our own freewill and accord.

Just as a bond is formed between soldiers that cannot be shared beyond, or between sailors, or between thespians. Though a story may share the ordeal it will not share the experience.

And so what good Masonry gives cannot be shared with the public for two reasons the first already being given above.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I strongly disagree! Why do you think we, the "nonmasons", should be left ignorant of masonic motives?

I think that the single best reason is that....masonic secrets and motives are openly available to you, you merely have to join, and you can find out. ANd yet the public doesn't.

SO the masons can't be faulted, they are allowing people to join their club, and then they can find out the 'secrets' of the club. Seems a fair deal.

If anything, the knowledge is 'automatically limiting'. It is knowledge that only the open minded and sensible can appreciate, the 'test' for 'worthiness' of the information is 'failed' by not even bothering to join the club. Anyone that would get in a panic over secrets from the club, and assume that they are secretly ruining their life and other people's lives, would probably, upon receipt of the masonic secrets, accomplish nothing with it.

I'd say its pretty absurd to say that its not fair that they are letting you join and find out for yourself what the group is all about. Why the heck SHOULD they have to go around, educating the world, about their group's beleifs???

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The rituals are secret because they are meant to impart a lesson of morals in a dramatic way. To know of the ritual in advance would be to lessen or eliminate the impact of the lesson upon the inititate.

It would be like seeing a scary or dramatic movie for the first time with someone who's already seen it, and having them tell you what's going to happen, or explain plot-twists in advance.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
That too. Good point Zhengyi.

adc

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Would you really kill yourselves if the secret which you insist so much isn't was ever let out?

At the end of the day, the Freemasons are a 3rd or 4th rate secret society, thats not to say they don't have alot of super power, it's just their not the Illuminati or the Bilderbergs.

I find you can always tell if a painting was from a Freemason meeting, it normally involves alot of black & red clothed men standing up in a room, like a hall or something, with a couple of other men facing the other direction at the other side being initiated, am I wrong?

Cug

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
What if you are a woman?

Well there is always Co-Masonry

I just wish that there were a way for women to join. I do have to wonder why, if the Masons are there to help one live up to their fullest potential, if they take good men and make them better, if they provide a path to a more noble life, etc - then why shouldn't women be allowed those same opportunities?

Actually I agree with you here. It's one of the reasons why I'm not a Mason. I personally believe you can't make good men better without including women.

err... that didn't come out right let me try it again.

If you have a group of good men made better, they would be made even more better (
) by the inclusion of women.

Well you get my point.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Would you really kill yourselves if the secret which you insist so much isn't was ever let out?

Of course not. We've never claimed we would, nor are we told to (regardless what the silly anti-masonic all-knowing websites lead you to believe)

At the end of the day, the Freemasons are a 3rd or 4th rate secret society,

No, at the end of the day Freemasonry is not a secret society at all. It's a fraternity. My Lodge has a HUGE sign with the Masonic emblem on it, the name of the Lodge, the days and time when we meet. "Secret Societies" don't do that...they're ... uhm ... SECRET. ya know?

thats not to say they don't have alot of super power,

Like what? Name some of the super powers that Freemasons have? Name one. (and back it up with fact, not wild speculation, please...there's plenty of that in this thread already)

it's just their not the Illuminati or the Bilderbergs.

On that we agree!

I find you can always tell if a painting was from a Freemason meeting, it normally involves alot of black & red clothed men standing up in a room, like a hall or something, with a couple of other men facing the other direction at the other side being initiated, am I wrong?

adc,

What in the WORLD are you talking about? How many of these paintings have you "normally" seen? I've seen many hundreds of paintings with Masonic themes, but this one has eluded me.

------------------------------------
Best,

Appak,

"alot" isn't a word

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
i think that freemasonry is a sacred fellowship that has to remain silent because things that masons know are things that us citizens may not understand so they will not take to lightly to what the masons may know. This may sound extreme but it might even start propaganda if the secrets are based on religion or government schemes. this is my first ever post on ats so please respect my input.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
What if you are a woman?

Well there is always Co-Masonry

Co-Masonry is not Masonry. It is a second-rate option for people who are not 'good enough' for real Masonry, which isn't acceptable.
I'm going to give the OP benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't MEAN to imply this, but the first post (and attitudes of all the masons in this thread) imply that everyone is potentially "good enough" to know the secrets that should be hidden from the public... except women. To the men you say "if you want to understand these things, you can always join and find out." But women don't have that option. It's the 20th century and even if freemasons aren't doing all the things the conspiracy theorists think they are, they are still doing one thing, reinforcing patriarchal heierarchies and oppressing women.
That's not to say that I don't think there's value in a brotherhood of just men or a sisterhood of just women, but Co-Masonry and the other Masonic women's organizations are still second rate substitutes for real Masonry. And women still aren't considered 'good enough' for the organization that even someone like SkepticGreek could potentially join, by mere virtue of the fact that he is possessed of a penis and a Y chromosome

[edit on 8-2-2007 by gdifly]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join