It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: What process is involved in becoming a cm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yes, just wondering what steps need to taken in order to become a conspiracy master.

My guess is this:

1. Involved with ATS for a number of years
2. Contribute, have a polite, rule abiding record
3. And have a 'resume' of excellent conspiracy threads or posts that will prove you are a positive contributor to the cm forums.

Is this correct or not / needs more, and can anyone advise me on things I can involve myself in here at ATS?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You will find that information here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Oh, how embarrassing....ty mechanic32

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
Oh, how embarrassing....ty mechanic32

Don't be embarrassed.

It never hurts to ask.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Conspiracy Masters will be sharing in ad revenue in their forums. We've set it up so they can place their own Google ads at the top of the page in their forums and threads. For popular articles and threads, this could mean some solid income... and as ATS continues to grow, it just may end up being some serious income for hard working CM's.

We're going to develop an improved application process for existing and new members to apply to be a Conspiracy Master. But suffice to say, now that the program is refined and in full swing, we're going to be a bit picky, and will be considering:
1) Topical focus (we don't want too much CM overlap)
2) Writing style and quality
3) Popularity (are they well-known outside ATS?)
4) History of work (previous contributions to ATS or other sites)
5) Collaborative tendencies

#5 is the most important. While we'll be searching out the cream of the crop to come to ATS and participate, we don't want anyone just publishing articles and not participating in the follow-up discussion.

For the past six months, ATS has been steadily improving in Google Page Rank, Yahoo Indexing, MSN search indexing, the number of sites linking to us, and comparative Alexa score. While we're one of the most popular discussion boards (usually in the top-20 on Big-Boards), we're still not yet the most popular site in our "alternative topics" genre... but we're gaining ground! I think that within another six months, we'll be a contender for the #1 spot, and a serious income possibility for CM's with great material. And with that, and what drives all of this, some first-rate exclusive content for ATS members to interact with.

join