It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell... Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just have one theory on the matter to present to the masses.

Roswell is a town that is near the Alamagorda nuclear research base as well as the White Sands Missile base

Now the UFO or "Weather Balloon...." as the government would like to call it landed North of Roswell in the desert. Several eye witnesses reported as to having seen a bright light streak across the sky overhead and flash somewhere to the North behind the storm clouds on July 4th.

With all of the German and Japanese guided missile technology having been moved to the white sands missile base for evaluation and reverse engineering. I think it is quite possible that we actually shot that UFO down.

I've never heard anyone propose this before (Maybe some of you have) but with the Cold war already going and the threat of New Russian technology, I'd say that somone at white sands might have wanted a live fire test of some of our new guided missiles. Granted the technology was rough back then, but maybe we got lucky. It certainly is possible.

I'm currently working my way through a book titled, The Day After Roswell by a man named Phillip J. Corso. In it he outlines the situation in Army CIC at the time. They could see the object on radar, I suppose that they could also shoot at it.

What are your thoughts?

Jeff Wolf

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My primary thought is that Corso is not very credible. After I read his book, I got the impression that while he may have heard rumors that some of the things he worked with were extraterrestrial, I thought that he possibly blew up his role way out of proportion. His story is compelling, but I think that there hasn't been enough research of the facts of his story to make a determination of its veracity.

Second, I don't know why we would be testing captured technology during a thunderstorm. The night of the crash was stormy in that part of the country; eye-witnesses reported that what allegedly turned out to be the crash sounded like a weird bolt of lightning.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good point. I don't see why they would be doing any kind of guided missile testing on an unclear night.

Maybe the UFO was struck by lightning?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not thinking that they were testing it. I theorize that we believed it was the Russians spying on our technology and fired a rocket to either destroy the scout or to atleast scare him off.

I can see a very nervous young officer acting that way.

top topics

join