It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich's manuscript

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ever heared about Voynich�s manuscript?You can find it the library of Yale university.
In 1912.Wilfred M. Voynich bought it from the library in Frascati (italy). He found there a letter from 1666year.written by Marcus Marcy to his student- Athanasius Kircher. In that letter Vynich found that the autor of the manuscript was Francis Bacon.

The manuscript was full of strange drawings- unknown plants, astrological symbols,the whole was written in strange language. Voynich coppied it and sent to many famous scientists who tried to translate it...-unsuccesfull.Later, it appeared that,none of the plants drown in the manuscript exist...

It is said that it is a very good mistification,those who did, it spent a lot of time inventing new language etc..

Robert S. Brumbaugh sais that it is an alchemical manuscript,Alchemists used to write in complicated and symbolical language. He managed to translate a few words, but the whole text is still a mystery.

Wonder,why Yale didn�t reprint it,and sell it in bookshops,maybe someone could find out what it exactly contains,or maybe they are afraid- Bacon predicted many modern inventions,so I suspect that the scientists don�t want to discover the secret of what it contains-maybe it could be dangerous even nowadays?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Interesting! Maybe he knew something..who knows..but do you have a link about this?

It is not unheard of to invent a language, J.R.R. Tolkien did it for the Lord of the Rings series...the 'Elvish' language.

Oh, welcome to ATS!

-wD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Maybe a theory could be made about this... if there isn't.
Maybe alien plants

Some plants were genuine, I think.

voynich.no-ip.com...

really strange stuff could be seen
And it would be fun to have it reprinted

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is a good place to start.
www.voynich.nu...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Uhm... also look at the research forum for instance here on ATS

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Some of the old files about the voynich manuscript.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
It is not unheard of to invent a language, J.R.R. Tolkien did it for the Lord of the Rings series...the 'Elvish' language.
-wD

Quenya and Sindarin to be exact, sorry but I had to add this here:
Yet Another Tengwar Tool

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
World's most mysterious book may be a hoax

You know that was my thought from the first time I looked at it.
I am about 80% certain that is a hoax now. While I was not a formal member of the voyniche research team here, I helped them out when I could and sent links to the team leaders when I found information that they had not yet come across. After months spent going over information and pulling it apart myself... I have to say I honestly think it was an overly elaborate hoax.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well there is a clear motive, and a known forger...seems pretty open and shut really.....

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
-wD

Quenya and Sindarin to be exact, sorry but I had to add this here:
Yet Another Tengwar Tool

Yes, among others. While Quenya and Sindarin where the two most spread in Middle Earth, he also made at least ten other languages for the Quendi alone, and a few other languages. I take it you are interested in the languages of JRR Tolkien, so you should check out this link: www.ardalambion.com...

The website belongs to a guy named Helge Fauskanger. He knows his stuff. Most of the articles (if not all) are written by him.

By the way: Thanks for the YaTT link

To the topic...
I have read a lot about the Voynich manuscript, but I have never seen it myself. There was an article about it in a Norwegian magazine called Illustrated Science a few months ago, where they gave a link to a site where you could download the script in PDF format, but the link was dead when i tried. I ran a few searches and found most of the threads on it here on ATS, but the links provided to the script where all dead. I also tried a few searches on Google and Alta-Vista, but all the links to the script itself was dead.

Do any of you know where I can download the script? Preferably in PDF format.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I know a little about the subject if u look at the code it is identical to tolkeins elfish it is said the code was what he used for forming his elfish text. The code itself has alot of flaws ie the same letter repeats three or four times in some parts in a row and no laungauge would do this. When one looks at the drawings u can see the strucutres of cells and a picture of the milky way if u look realllly hard. I myself see it as a fraud

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interresting document this. I have seen it on the web, don't remember where, but some of those drawings are pretty amasing.

Blessings,
Mkromarius

top topics

join