It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Hypocrisy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Less than a month before his court-martial begins, Army 1st Lt. Ehren Watada turned to the public Friday, urging it to get involved in the discussion about the Iraq war.
Seven months ago, Watada made headlines when he refused to deploy to Iraq with a Fort Lewis-based Stryker Brigade, saying the war was illegal. His decision drew the attention of the anti-war movement, and eventually charges for conduct unbecoming an officer and missing a troop movement.
On Friday, Watada continued to talk, wondering about the lack of public outrage over the nearly four-year-old war.
"Could it be that ... many people don't care about the illegality of this war?" Watada asked students and others who packed a hall at Seattle Central Community College. "It is my belief that the American people have relinquished their responsibility."

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Government hypocrisy: Watada who has refused to serve in an unjust war stands to spend more time in jail than those responsible for torture at Abu Graib and Guantanamo. In fact those responsible haven’t even been charged they just sacrificed some flunkies who were clearly clueless. There was more than one case of death by torture at Abu Graib but apparently that’s considered a low level crime. Private contractors from Blackwater et.al have been implicated in those torture/murders but as civilians they aren’t held responsible.
In addition how are the trials going for those involved in the Hidatha massacre? Rapes murder, torture versus a person with a conscience, tough call but I’m sure our justice system will get it right. I’m sure Attorney General Gonzalez could make the call and Rummy and the VP.
This administrations values or lack there of are so skewed as to boggle the mind. Where is the public outrage? I wouldn’t expect too much honesty in America those who rule have set the standard. Actually pond scum is looking pretty good.

Mod Edit to apply external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 18-1-2007 by polanksi]

[edit on 19-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Some background information can be found in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I fail to see the correlation since conscientious objection is nicely putting it as "desertion" he should get death?

new topics

join