It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gov is blowing a bomb up in my backyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When I first of heard of this, I thought it was all hogwash, as the last couple weeks gone by there has been big talk about whats going on, The government want to do a 700 ton Non Nuke Bomb Test in the Nevada Desert, this will send a 19,000 foot Mushroom cloud into the air, here is Utah we worry because the test site is where they have tested Nuclear weapons before hand in the 50's and 60's, we are worried with the normal weather pattern of Western to Eastern is mostly what the jet stream flows in utah, we are worried about nuclear particles landing all over our state and being exposed to them, later possibly causing health problems.

They are calling this planned bomb Divine Strake, Trying to research the affect of a 700 Ton bomb on a underground enemy base. This really has me worried and its all over our local news

Source: KSL News

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
To clear up the mis-information, an underground test prevents visible structures. So, no cloud.

However, the hue given off could explain a lot about the significance of any developments.

Testing was banned by several Nations, and the gov't indicated it would only re-open that door if signifant advances were made.

I sure as Hell hope they know what they are doing.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The News site was reporting there would be a 19,000 Mushroom cloud, Along with the governor of Utah. Here are more sources;

KSL Channel 5

ABC Channel 4

Global Security

More Info - Nukestrat

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Dickson is worried that the tons of debris kicked up from such a blast would send lethal fallout clouds over much of the state of Utah.

The explosive would include ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel. This is the same volatile cocktail that Timothy McVeigh used in 1995 to blow up the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. This damage was done with what only what could be placed in a small box van. The "Divine Strake" blast would utiliza what would equal 30 packed semi trucks trailers.

Big non-nuclear blast kicking the nuclear material already in the soil of the test site into the lower atmoshpere, I think is the worry.

I agree.

C

edited because I'm an idiot and didn't read before posting

[edit on 1/18/2007 by Cuhail]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Still somewhat at a loss as to why there would be such a high cloud from a test to determine effectiveness on an underground target (I'm assuming they will try to blow it up underground), but as to the fallout: It would probably be a good thing. That stuff is not just laying there now. It is emitting and ionizing quite a bit into the breeze. Maybe they'll get some of it out of the atmosphere.

I would be most concerned with the larger particles interfering with patterns in the atmosphere, and it could take days or weeks before the sun shone through again.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Isn't this the same test that was suppsed to go off last June?
I can't remember why there was a halt to it then. I wonder what has changed?

I hope it doesn't happen, I'd hate to find out there was radioactive particles trapped in the soil from years ago being blown into the atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Bothered, its suppose to be an above ground test, to test what the effect of it would be on an underground base.

If and when it does blow, Any direction the wind blows, or if its picked up in the atmosphere, its potientally harmful to everyone, no matter how far east you live

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Now I see.
Yeah, I'll assume since this level of explosive capability has existed for some time, they're going to try a new way/method.

Hopefully, they've allowed for the fact there are sites out there that are uncatalogued. Back in the 50's, nuclear technology was so secretive that the waste products were disposed of hurriedly.

Maybe they'll think to do a little checking at the site they're going to test at.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Maybe they'll think to do a little checking at the site they're going to test at.

If these are the same monkeys who torched toxic waste at area 51, I doubt they care.

new topics

top topics

join