It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops Petition For Full Iraq Withdrawl

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It has been represented in these forums that our troops support the continued occupation of Iraq. Apparently this representation is inaccurate as our troops have appealed to congress for a full withdrawal from Iraq under the the Military Whistleblower Protection Act (DOD Directive 7050.6) which allows active-duty military, National Guard & Reservists to send a protected communication to a Member of Congress, while off-duty and out of uniform, regarding any subject without fear of reprisal.

WASHINGTON, Jan. 16 (UPI) -- More than 1,000 active-duty U.S. military personnel are said to have signed a petition calling for a full U.S. withdrawal from Iraq.

Some 50 active-duty officers and other troops, including veterans of the current Iraq war, announced Tuesday that they would hand-deliver their petition, entitled an "Appeal for Redress," to Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, and other members of Congress, AppealforRedress.org said in a statement Tuesday.

Will the "faux patriots" support our troops or will they show their true partisan colors?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Will the "faux patriots" support our troops or will they show their true partisan colors?

Well, I believe the only "Faux" patriot here is one that ia arrogant enough to use a petition that represents less than 1% of the current troops deployed in Iraq to backup his political viewpoints. However, I think that these 1,000 men should be able to return home if they wished with no questions asked. They have done their service and if they feel they are done, let them come home.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well, I believe the only "Faux" patriot here is one that ia arrogant enough to use a petition that represents less than 1% of the current troops deployed in Iraq to backup his political viewpoints. However, I think that these 1,000 men should be able to return home if they wished with no questions asked. They have done their service and if they feel they are done, let them come home.

Yep, I had seen that article scanning news, and for that exact reason I skipped it. 1,000 troops, in the grand scheme of things, is a very small number. It clearly doesn't represent the will of the majority of the military on this. On the other hand, considering the potential for down the road backlash and with careers at stake, I wouldn't be surprised if for every one of those that signed there were multiples more who didn't out of self preservation.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Exactly 1% of the entire troop population isn't strong enough to render a full evacuation. Probably not even enough to let 50% of the 1,000 troops that signed the petition to be let go. It is a reality that they've chose. Nobody out there (to my knowledge) has been placed in Iraq against their own will, I do not remember there being a draft. However, I do understand some troops are on their 4th or 5th tour of duty but it is a life they've chosen and being part of the military INCLUDES WAR.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
....it is a life they've chosen and being part of the military INCLUDES WAR.

Actually it includes defending your country, not illegaly invading and ocupying a country based on lies...

top topics

join