It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomcat Parts In the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just saw this a moment ago: news.yahoo.com...

It appears that (surprise) middle men for Iran are buying Tomcat spares in government sales and auctions. Several have been caught by customs agents during the attempt to ship them overseas (which would almost certainly break a condition / term of sale). Indeed one set of parts has been caught twice in such an event. One wonders how many have actually been shipped overseas. The article is well worth a read.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Huh, sounds like Iran's not ready to give up their F-14's either. Not that I can blame them. Even if not for the threat of US invasion I'd still want to keep a bunch of F-14's operational, they were pretty damn good fighters. Of course I'm starting to wonder how well an F-14's radar would stack up against say an F-117, maybe even an F-22.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Outlandish!

All kidding aside why does this suprise people? remember the good ole us of a funded and armed Osama Bin Ladin in the 70's to hold of the invading Soviets. Then America turned their back on Bin Ladin and company once the objective was completed. Remember, the good ole U S of A funded and armed Sadam during the Iran-Iraq war of the 80's. Then America turned their back on him and later assassinated him through means of actions coming from a fraudulent government (aka the puppet government of Iraq). Who is America funding and arming as we speak? Who will pop up to bite America in the arse years from now? Time will tell.

The bottomline is America is in these conflicts (remember it's not a war because America has not declared war, via congress, since the Korean War. Do you know that our soldiers overseas get pay increases and increased benefits whenever war is declared? And you wonder who is really supporting the troops...) to padden their pockets. Any possible American junk that became Iranian treasure will only serve to make the few rich and powerful Americans richer down the line should Iran think they possess the military equipment and the gaul to take on America directly.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Take care, these had happened before, now it appear again. I read this link but got vague notions are there any parts of tomcat had already been sold to Iran since last occurrence? I think US navy does has right and ability to intercept the ship that carry thoes parts.

new topics

top topics

join