It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Light Deception

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've recently been hypothesising on our solar system and the postulations that infact the Moon and other planets harbour intelligent life.

As we all know light travels at a constant speed. When we gaze up at the Moon we are effectively looking at it 1 second into the past. For Saturn, we are viewing it 1 and a half hour into its past.

What if this is pure fabrication. Though light can be proven to travel at a constant speed, what if our atmosphere acts as an almost light buffer, considerably slowing light down.

This could potentially mean that when we gaze at the Moon we are actually staring at it decades if not hundreds of years into the past. Therefore potentially the moon could currently (in realtime) be a beautifully terraformed, enriched planet.

This is known as the Great Light Deception. Be it a natural occurence, ET technology or lack of human ability we are effectively staring into an de-accelerated picture of our past. The real solar system has been hidden from Earths best telescopes and the human race, allowing our solar system to be terraformed and harbour life.

To escape Earths atmosphere is to escape the past and revel in the present.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
hmmm interesting...

however im pretty sure they can measure the speed of light with lasers and such within our atmosphere.

ill try and find a link now.............

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Is this a title you came up with or did you read about this somewhere. I tried a search but came up with nothing like this. How would you even come to this conclusion. My family has just recently aquired a book called UNIVERSE- A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos, it gives detailled photographs and explainations of each astronomical body (by the way this is the most amazing book I have ever seen). We have talked about how everything in space, we are seeing is in the past. We have considered how the past, present, and future are all happening at one time, but never even considered the possiblity our atmosphere could slow light speed. I was just curious at how you came up with that theory.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It is a self created theory very primitive in its scientific grounding. I must say I draw inspiration from certain energies in this life without giving too much away.

For me its a realistic possibility. Our atmosphere is one of the most flexible, adaptable chemical bodies currently existing. As we all know light can be shaped and moulded in a variety of ways. Through every medium light travels through it can be considerably slowed down.

Science is in continual development and regularly incorrect. Science suits its times. Discoveries supposedly discovered at that time have been known for a great length of time before hand.

Certain knowledge currently isn't needed and best left dormant within this time

[edit on 15-1-2007 by kolo_heights]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What about the satellites that orbit space outside of the atmosphere that take pictures? Is it also your theory that we are being decieved by the scientific community that our atmosphere is slowing down light speed?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
What about the satellites that orbit space outside of the atmosphere that take pictures? Is it also your theory that we are being decieved by the scientific community that our atmosphere is slowing down light speed?

The scientific community for the most has its hands tied. Real Discoveries are buried within the times. Much like an Hourglass the vast pool of knowledge is slowly leaked, each grain heavily monitored and tested.

Some interesing links:

links:IBM Chip Slows Down Light
www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ok, so let's say this is true. For what purpose are we being decieved? The planets and moon are colonized with intelligent life, couldn't that help us? Are you suggesting that the aliens visiting Earth now could actually just be coming from our moon. And another thing, if you were on the moon looking onto Earth what would you see?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What could cause light to slow down? Our atmosphere is mainly composed of nitrogen, oxygen, argon and carbon dioxide. 3/4 of this mix is within 11 kilometres of Earth's surface, so if the gases were to cause this effect, no doubt it would be at it's most severe at ground level.
Wave your hand in front of your face. Is there a delay?
Standing on the ground, you experience the pressure of 29.92 inHg, which rapidly decreases until at 65,600 feet ASL there is only 1.61 inHg. As the figures say, the amount of gases rapidly reduces the higher you go.

The other gases that make up the atmosphere are neon, helium, methane, krypton, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, xenon, ozone, nitrogen dioxide, iodine, carbon monoxide and ammonia. The properties of all these gases are well known, and none have the effect of slowing light down.

Our magnetosphere, a shield that protects us from solar flares and wind bursts, is composed of free ions and electrons held in place by magnetic and electrical forces. Now a lot less is known about this. IF something were to slow light down, this would probably be it.
But the magnetosphere does not start and end at equal vertical distances from the Earth's core. It is more bullet shaped, with the Earth at the tip of the bullet. So if we were to observe anything through it, and it had the effects of slowing light down, then we would probably be viewing something - for example - 200 years ago, which would jump forward to only 100 years ago as we stop viewing it through the thick 'tail' of the magnetosphere. Now surely astronomers would notice discrepancies such as these, as mathematical models they made on orbits and positions would appear to become false when they view the object through a different part of the magnetosphere with a different thickness.

Also, I have been referring to light as if this is the only thing that exists.
Light makes up but a tiny fraction of what we know as the electromagnetic spectrum. Below visible light's frequency are such things as x-rays and ultraviolet light, while above is infrared, microwave and the frequencies TV and radio signals work on. The chance that the atmosphere would only block frequencies in the range of 360 to 800 nm (what even the most acute human eye can detect) would be very low indeed.

Radio telescopes regularly work in conjunction with visible light telescopes, and together they plot out orbits and locations. If the atmosphere was only to block out visible light, then there would be a very large gap between where a star appears to be, and where the radio astronomer actually determines it to be. Nothing like this has been recorded, as far as I know. And once again, presuming the magnetosphere is causing this, there would be very large fluctuations over given periods of time.

So ignoring the fluctuation factor, the atmosphere would have to block light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation at the same rate for signals to match up and not raise flags. So how did Americans hear Sputnik over the radio in 1957? I'm sure that mankind did not have the technology to send up an artificial satellite 'decades if not hundreds of years' ago. And we are still recieving signals from the Voyager space craft, which are well beyond the effects pf Earth's magnetosphere.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
Ok, so let's say this is true. For what purpose are we being decieved? The planets and moon are colonized with intelligent life, couldn't that help us? Are you suggesting that the aliens visiting Earth now could actually just be coming from our moon. And another thing, if you were on the moon looking onto Earth what would you see?

First and foremost I firmly believe the Moon is colonized with human societies. This can be explicitly seen in a variety of leaked images aswell as a variety of testamonies from individuals within the field. There is such a wealth of information supporting this concept its astonishing. Many of these images depicting structures on the moon are from previous civilisations aswell as the early construction stages of our buildings.

It's just as much a natural occurence as a deception. The reasoning behind not revealing the knowledge are many. To continue societies routed development such secrets must remain, ensuring national security and other great truths aren't exposed. For the most part the knowledge is unknown, though there are a few individuals privy to the information.

ET has been and is continuing to visit Earth. There is no ET moon base as ET works within dimensional shifts. Reality is fluent and glitches regularly occur.

Looking down on planet Earth from the Moon you'd see Earth in its present state as the Moon has a very different, limited atmosphere. The refraction and de-acceleration of the light occurs along the exiting path from Earth.

The de-acceleration of the light is a natural occurence within our atmosphere however it has been considerably slowed down by those truly in power. Chemtrails anyone....

The greatest knowledge is the self-realisation of one's every existence.

Plato's Allegory of the Cave reveals many truths about this theory and society;

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
watch_the_rocks that is a great, intellectual response, beyond the current development of the hypothesis. I must commend you on your mathematical response but I must make you aware my sources are predominantly spiritual not scientific.

From my understanding the electrical and magnetical forces in the magnetosphere are where the answers lie.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Have you ever looked into Bose-Einstein condensate atoms? From what I understand these are naturally and artificially occuring within our upper atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights

Looking down on planet Earth from the Moon you'd see Earth in its present state as the Moon has a very different, limited atmosphere. The refraction and de-acceleration of the light occurs along the exiting path from Earth.

From the earth you see the moon as it was in the past, yet from the moon you see earth as it is now? I'm no scientist, but for me this is where the theory falls down.

It it works one way then it also works the other. The atmosphere is not a one-way mirror.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Im not Scientist either but our atmosphere (especially the upper layer) is truly remarkable. If I had the scientific symbolism and vocabularly to express its secrets I would.

jimboman you may be right, I've never stepped foot on the moon so haven't a clue how Earth would look! I'm just using my sources, from which I understand there are certain elements within our atmosphere which are being manipulated to continual the deception from the ground up.

The knowledge and understanding of the atmosphere is very primitive and premature. But in time, who knows. Watch this space

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the laugh - are serious about this theory? What about the laser reflector they have on the moon? How come they could see things relating to the landings on there when they happened.

This really is scraping the bottom of the barrel - The Great Light Deception, I think as you were typng this up, you suffered a chronic PEBKAC overload - i.e. Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair!

Mod Note: Please discuss (and debunk) the topic and do not attack the other member. Please read this thread.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
He's saying Earth is a play, and we are but a part of the show.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No don't get this at all.

My understanding is that the SOL is required to make a lot of physics and electronics work. If it didn't no speed guns = no points on my licence.

It was first measured a few hundred years ago I believe, a long time before people started to believe that life existed out there on other planets.
Very few people could have got the concept of other planets at all back then. So if SOL ain't the value understood by science then the terraformed universe has done a good job hiding away from us!

Personally I believe SOL to be just a perception in our 3d existence, like time. It only seems to have its velocity as we perceive it going through our dimension(s). I see this thus: imagine a hill x distance up and y distance down. To make it easy to visualise say side x and side y meet at a perfect right angle at the hill summit. The base below is therefore a hypotenuse. Viewed from above by a bird the ascent and descent of the slopes would be the hypotenuse. The poor sod walking up and down knows he (or she) has travelled further than the bird observes. But both see the journey as straight line. Its just that from the walkers point its 2D effectively but the bird is seeing it from a 3D perpective. I use this as a way of visualising other dimensions WRT our three (and time oof course).

Obviously it don't help me visualise in 11 or 21 dimensions just makes me think all is not what it seems to our puny minds.

Its a kinda crap analagy but it gets me through the day.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
According to your logic, if all forms of electromagnetic radiation would be slowed down if light were to slow down. It doesn't make sense. And if light would be slowed down so much by our atmosphere, Ironically Earth would be a very cold and uninhabitable place. Because light (from the sun) would lose too much of it's kinetic energy to heat up the Earth IMO.

Furthermore all satellite communication (and pictures) would not be possible. And we would've gotten a live video from the Apollo missions, and/or the STS missions.

DCP

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
did you guys come up with this theory at 4:20 am on a Fri night?

did you guys talk about holograms too? I don't know if i believe your theory but you did make me think. If someone has the ability to build a moon base, they probably would have the ability to hide that base from most people on earth. you gave me some interesting reading, thanks for the post

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
satelite weather reports are all in real time aren't they?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
watch_the_rocks that is a great, intellectual response, beyond the current development of the hypothesis. I must commend you on your mathematical response but I must make you aware my sources are predominantly spiritual not scientific.

From my understanding the electrical and magnetical forces in the magnetosphere are where the answers lie.

not to be rude...or crude...but if your sources are spiritual and not scientific, couldn't that loosely classify you as mildy dilusional to those of us not tapping into our power crystals? All kidding aside (and I meant that as a joke, not an insult), in order for me to take any creedence in this postulation, i would need to understand how it is that our astronauts landed on this particular piece of solar real estate, and thier story along with photos seems to indicate that it is exactly as we think it is.

Do I think that we are given the full breadth of knowledge that the scientific community has? No...of course not. For most of my childhood we were taught that the universe was still expanding and it was infinate. Now we are told that it is slowly shrinking, and that there is an edge to our solar system. It would seem that the "stars from heaven" visions in Revelations are a bit more plausible that the Discovery Channel would have you believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join