It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird high pitched noise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I woke in the early hours this morning to a high pitched noise. It was not an insect. I got up and searched the house...not inside. I opened the front door and it was outside, It was very loud and started to decrease in pitch until it faded away completely. It lasted several minutes.

It was not a plane or car. I have never heard a noise like it before and
am a bit dumb founded as what it may have been. It was a little like a 'tuning fork' hum perhaps.

Anyone ever heard something like this during the night ?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Have any power transformers or stations nearby?

That is my only idea regarding it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Actually across the road is a small Telstra box.

We have underground power and there are no transformers or power stations nearby.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
Actually across the road is a small Telstra box.

We have underground power and there are no transformers or power stations nearby.

Blame Telstra. It is easy and you are usually right!

Seriously though, we've had those boxes explode around here before, and other times they just seem to hum. It is possibly that!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I had a funny experience happen about 13 years ago in regards to weird sounds.
I was out drinking and barhopping with a friend one night. We got back to his place and caught a buzz. It was getting late and we were both looped, so he suggested that I not drive home, but stay the night. He lived in an old creepy 2 story house. He said he had a guest bedroom, so I could crash there. He took me upstairs and we went into the guest bedroom. While he was making sure everything was as needed I noticed this real faint, high pitched noise. I asked him if he heard it too. He said yes. Well, we tried finding out where it was coming from so we began walking around the room and checking electrical devices, lamps....everything, and still we could here this weird high pitched noise. Then we began noticing that as we moved around it would follow us, sometimes getting louder, sometimes softer. It started to really creep us out. I told him that I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay overnight. We really felt as though we were having a paranormal experience. At some point, I decided to take a swig off the Pepsi that I had been carrying around in my hand (the whole time). When I lifted the bottle in front of me to get ready to "twist" the top off I noticed the sound got really loud.

LOL!!!!!!
The sound we were hearing was trapped gas in the in the shaken bottle of Pepsi that was very slowly escaping and causing this real high faint whistle.
I think we laughed hysterically for about a half hour till our faces and stomachs hurt. It was truly hilarious.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
fooff...

Yeah, I am thinking it could have been the Telstra box matey

rocknroll...

That is pretty funny
I can imagi e how silly you guys must have felt when you realised where it was coming from

cheers

top topics

join