It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shawn Hornbeck & Ben Ownby FOUND ALIVE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Shawn Hornbeck, 15, of Richwoods, Missouri, was last seen riding his bike to a friend's house in October 2002. Richwoods is about 60 miles south of St. Louis.

William Ben Ownby, 13, had been missing since Monday. He was last seen after getting off his school bus in Franklin County, near St. Louis.

Both boys appear to be healthy and have been reunited with their families

www.foxnews.com...

OR

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
"the motive behind the abductions"
What is ever the motive behind abductions when a 41 year-old man kidnaps an 13 year-old boy? Hate to be harsh, and maybe I should give this guy the benefit of doubt, but I'd be willing to bet Michael Devlin deserves castration.
Like I said, I hate to be harsh, but this kinda crap makes me sick.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I agree its not harsh, hes a pig and deserves what ever he gets. Now im curious why Shawn never tried to make a run for it. I guess we shall hear in the coming hours and days.

Its just good they have gotten back to there families.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Now im curious why Shawn never tried to make a run for it. I guess we shall hear in the coming hours and days.

My guess is mental manipulation and scare tactics.
That's usually the case with stuff like this.....usually.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is wonderful news. Usually those abducted are killed or never found.

The parents are thankful I'm sure to have their kids back.

Cudos to the aware lawenforcement officers!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think Bens friend should get some sort of award or recognition for helping with the whole truck part of the case. Led them right to him and think about it Ben was never taken, Shawn probably would of never been found and I personally thought he never would be found!

Its a true Miracle!

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Thats very odd how the Hornbeck kid was seen pitching a tent in the courtyard with the abductor. This is similiar to the case in Germany where that girl had been kept in a basement for years and she actually bonded with her abductor.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Thats very odd how the Hornbeck kid was seen pitching a tent in the courtyard with the abductor. This is similiar to the case in Germany where that girl had been kept in a basement for years and she actually bonded with her abductor.

actually it was in austria

i think the stockholm syndrom might also have a lot to do with it

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Thats very odd how the Hornbeck kid was seen pitching a tent in the courtyard with the abductor

Yep it seems odd but its quiet normal, Its a known survival skill that us humans can adopt in this kind of case,

its almost like we think we may never get away in fear of being killed or harm coming to others, The mind can take over as a way of coping,

Some call this brainwashing, Who knows what this boy has been through,
I just hope that the media leave him alone now so that he can get the help that he needs and re adjust to life again,

And this Man is odd indeed as he left clues??? Whats that say about this man,

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Some strange turn of events with the Hornbeck boy. It seems he had access to the internet and that he even posted a message to his parents asking them if they were ever going to give up their search for him.

Today another article surfaces that the Hornbeck boy was also dating for several months a girl from a nearby school. Strange isn't it? Doesn't sound like he was bothered by the abduction in the least.He had access to a cellphone,a bicycle and the internet. Is it possible he may have had some kind of "thing" for this guy? I mean its not totally unbelievable that a homosexual would exhibit those tendencies at an early age such as he was. You hear about these things all the time. This is just very wierd. I think there is going to be some more twists to this story once the abductor gets a chance to talk.

Students at Visitation say Shawn dated their classmate
By David Hunn, Jeremy Kohlerand Elizabethe Holland
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
01/19/2007

Shawn Hornbeck's life as an abducted child remained a secret inside the Kirkwood apartment where he lived.

But his life under an assumed name, Shawn Devlin, included a girlfriend and extended to one of St. Louis' top private schools.

Shawn dated the girl — a freshman at Visitation Academy, an all-girls school in west St. Louis County — for several months, according to students interviewed Thursday. He was occasionally seen holding hands with her at West County Mall in Des Peres.

On Dec. 9, they went together to the social event of the season — the Visitation-Priory Dance, according to students who saw them there. The dance was held at the St. Louis Priory School, a Catholic boys' school in Creve Coeur.

Source

top topics

join