It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Million Cannon Fodder Candidates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Due to its strick population control rule of one child per family, China will soon have a surplus of adult males. The one child per family rule has forced many families to seek only a male child, as Chinese culture values male children above females. In the next 15 years there are projected to be 30 million more Chinese men maturing and seeking brides than there will be women available to satisfy the demand.

asia.news.yahoo.com
China will have 30 million more men of marriageable age than women in less than 15 years as a gender imbalance resulting in part from the country's tough one-child policy becomes more pronounced, state media reported Friday. Traditional preferences for sons has led to the widespread - but illegal - practice of women aborting babies if an early term sonogram shows it is a girl.

The tens of millions of men who will not be able to find a wife could also lead to social instability problems, the China Daily said in a front-page report.

China imposed strict population controls in the 1970s to limit growth of its huge population, but one side effect has been a jump in gender selection of babies.

"Discrimination against the female sex remains the primary cause of China's growing gender imbalance," Liu Bohong, vice director of the women studies institute under the All-China Women's Federation, was quoted as saying in a report from the State Population and Family Planning Commission.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What is China going to do with this surplus of military age males? The title of this story gives one possibility.

I suppose these men could import wives from other countries, but I believe that is frowned on in Chinese culture, as well.

Something will have to be done, because these guys are going to start getting frisky, and they will find an outlet for their tensions if one isn't provided for them.

Either way, it looks like China is going to have a major dilemna on its hands before too long, with few acceptable solutions.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They may just spend all of their free time online, debating.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I guess they will become mail order grooms

Or they can invaded the world spreding themselves

Oh, Oh, beware Christians and Muslin there come . . . Oh well,China is a multi-religious country, where Confucianism,Taoism, Buddhism, Islam and Christianity is practiced so they will be welcome anywhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Its going to have an economic impact. One aspect of China's surging economic growth is the abundance of cheap labor. The birth rates will fall and thier population will stabalize then drop as a result. Environmental issues will also see to this as well. However, less people willing to or avalible to work at low rates will result in an economic slowdown. Also the enevitable move towards higher skilled / paying jobs as well. Remeber there is always someone willing to work for less

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Also the enevitable move towards higher skilled / paying jobs as well. Remeber there is always someone willing to work for less

Well there is the solution to immigration in the US, we just ship the illegals to china.

Seriously this will take a generation before make an impact, that is about 25 years, so for now they are OK.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The time frame of the article is the next 15 years, and what concerns me about it is the prospect of China being prepared to challenge the US as a superpower by then. If so, they will have all the manpower they need. They may well be able to challenge us in technology and weaponry by then, as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The way our nation is going I will not be surprised if by them China and India will be dominating the world markets.

But if Bush get away with his plan US will be dominating the oil resources.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Future sex Salon

Looks like it will be a big market for female androids. Since auto sales will eventually decline, they can start making Toyota Britneys, Kia Lohans or BMW Parises for all those lonely Chinamen.

Korean Scientists Develop Female Android Korea Times
Japanese Developing Sex Robots BBC
Germany: Robot sex dolls Ananova

Hopefully I'll die off before this sex machine wierdness happens en masse, although my wife always thought the car was my other girlfriend.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
OMG!

From the BBC story!

"Repliee Q1Expo can interact with people. It can respond to people touching it. It's very satisfying, although we obviously have a long way to go yet."

Do you think he already tried it?

top topics

join