It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nine Hundred and Eleven Pound Gorilla -- A new 9/11 initiative

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Personally I like this idea. People should be given more facts than just what the government tells them. Whether or not it was terrorists, the CIA, airplane, or controlled demolitions people should still have the facts. That way they can make up their mind while being fully informed.

But I do like the King Kong idea, although I like the idea of the old school 70's King Kong poster better simply because of what he's standing on;
www.posterwire.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Actually that's a really good idea you have 911 pound gorilla as King Kong standing on top of the 2 towers. It's an ionic picture anybody from the seventies can remember.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What if the gorilla (king kong) was standing at ground zero? atop of all the debris , scratching his head wanting to climb the towers that are no longer there after his long trip

now he is mad, he wants to find out what happened

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
^^ That is an awesome idea.

The 911 pound gorilla climbing or wanting to climb the towers.

Talk about strong symbolism.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

The 911 pound gorilla climbing or wanting to climb the towers.

Talk about strong symbolism.

I was thinking along the same lines. I did'nt find quite what I wanted during a GOOGLE search, but I did find this one...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey these are some good idea's King Kong standing where the towers used be scratching his head, wondering in bubble above his head "what really happened here"

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I like the name as much as the idea! I would like to contribute to this cause, it is the doorway to awaken the masses that there are a few people in key positions shaping our future in a way that any sane person would reply, this is not American! Good show...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is an excellent idea. Seeing as how this forum is a goldmine of open minded individuals with excellent research and analytical skills, this group has the potential to invoke change. I'll volunteer my time if you'll have me. I am attending college so I am still very much in a research mode.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We're still working behind the scenes, but are close to bringing together the most active/relevant 9/11 Truth Group, with a large publisher, and the largest conspiracy discussion board (us) for a knock-out 1-2-3 punch. More soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We're still working behind the scenes, but are close to bringing together the most active/relevant 9/11 Truth Group, with a large publisher, and the largest conspiracy discussion board (us) for a knock-out 1-2-3 punch. More soon.

Good to hear.

What do you and your colleagues think of the kingkong style gorilla climbing the twin towers? Wasn't my idea but i think it is the best that has been mentioned so far!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I think this is an awesome idea. You have my vote of confidence.

In terms of the logo, I was also thinking having the Gorilla scratching his head. Though, including the collapsed towers in the logo might seem somewhat inconsiderate and offensive to some really sensitive parties/individuals? Like it’s making a mockery of the event, I don’t agree, but you know how the media spin things.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
hi, as a branding professional who's also seeking for some 911 answers, i'm willing to invest some time in this project (nope, without invoice
. It is much easier to be taken seriously if the stuff you show is and looks professional, not just the content has to be well written but the look has to be top too. Most truth-sites i see now make my stomach turn (the design part - i cant turn of my eye for how things look) and it is time this changes if you want the world to take you seriously.

To start, i would like to point out that there is a huge difference between a logo and a key-visual/eye-catcher.
Logo = simple, yet strong & clever. Btw, i love the name - 911pound Gorilla rocks.
key-visual = here's where the gorilla, the twin towers, the rubble etc come in.
So brainstorming about this visual is good, but please, don't stuff all this in the logo.

have to pick up my girl now, be back later if someone has questions/remarks.
hope i can help you guys out a bit..
mr Jones

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ignorance found!

While trying to get my sister to ask her own questions and find some insight into what really happened on 9/11, I recommended ats and 911weknow.com.

her response.

"i just watched a movie on 9/11, it was... uh "world trade center"

My jaw dropped and all I could think about was the 911 pound gorilla.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
remember the movie king kong? remember how exon the oil company welcomed in the beast to the cities,USA, but the beast was chained. well think about this. this beast the oil companies brought back, was chainned and under control, now the beast is unchainned, climbed the two towers and was shot down. who is this beast? IRAN MAYBE.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think the two key issues that will wake people up is:

A) Operation Northwoods - Absolute proof that the argument "They wouldnt do something like that" is flat wrong.

b) WTC7 - Most people still dont even know it existed. WTC7.net is good but could be even slicker. Silverstein also gave the closest thing to an admission, unless of course by 'pull it' you agree with his press officer that he meant 'the firefighting operation' lol

Also I wonder whether it would be a good idea not to have forums on the site, to keep it 'clean'. Too easy for people to get turned off if the site is full of speculation and uninformed ramblings like every other site. Would detract from the slickness.

I'd love to help out but I've never made a website in my life and there are also people with far more knowledge than I regarding the issues so I'm hoping its in safe hands. Best of luck with making the killer blow on this one guys/girls.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
How about a picture of uncle sam, with a gorilla on his back and in the gorilla's hand is banana that has been peeled to reveal two stalks of fruit instead of one?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'll be meeting with the NY 9/11 group tomorrow evening to discuss this idea in greater detail. If there are any ATS members that would like to come, let me know.

For those who can't make it, are there any specific ideas from the members of ATS you would like me to convey. They're excited about working with us, and I think this is a great opportunity to bring "activists" and "conspiracy theorists" together in a common effort.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think the key thing is to discuss which issues are the most important to cover. Less is more. The easiest way for this project to fail is if it is overloaded and tries to be encyclopaedic, detracting from its stated objective of appealing to the willingly uninformed. Don't let people tack on their own (NWO, lizard people, UFO's, Martial law, Constitutionalism, Iraq, Peak oil etc.) agendas onto the project as a new platform. A set of quality links would be better for those people who are stimulated to find out more.

Another key issue to be decided at this stage is the language and tone. Should you go for a 'this is true, prove us wrong' attitude, or a more concilliatory 'Look at this and see what you think' attitude. A balance has to be struck between sounding passionate and convincing, and conveying the message that these opinions have come from rationality rather than some other agenda that existed before 11/9 (I'm european!).

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I've hit a bump if inactivity and/or disinterest from the 9/11 Truth group we're working with on this... more information soon.

This idea is on hold for now.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i like this idea, i liked the drawings of those gorillas too. i have one question though, will the book be compeatly one sided and full of people arguing that there are discrepancies or will it it be a ballanced piece of writing with each point argued for and against by experts.

justin

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join