It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice storm hitting Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Gosh i was just reading about a ice strorm thats expected to his Oklahoma today?

Please if you are in the areas that may start to be affected take care,

They say this onlu happens once in every 15-25 years.

I know we have members around from these places to please take extra care.

Freezing rain hit Oklahoma on Friday at the start of what forecasters say could be a brutal ice storm.

Millions of people in the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma and eastern Missouri are being warned that conditions will deteriorate Friday afternoon and the storm could spread as far east as Ohio and New York over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend.

"This is a one-in-maybe-15-to 25-year event," CNN severe weather expert Chad Myers said Friday of the forecast freezing rain, sleet and snow

Take heed of the warnings,

The National Weather Service strongly discouraged travel during ice storm warnings, noting that downed power lines and fallen tree branches could pose dangers to drivers. In the event driving is necessary, people should keep an extra flashlight, food and water in the vehicle in case of emergency, the weather service advised.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If we get hit out here in the Okla. Panhandle it will be the third in less than 30 days.

I think it is too cold here (14 degrees) for ice.

I called my dad who lives in Seminole county and he said he had a little rain. The Down Staters are going to get hit.

The 15 to 25 years isn't quite correct.

Roper

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A little update from SE Oklahoma, it is now fifteen after 12 midnight and when the front struck here around 4 pm the temp dropped from 62 degrees F, to 42 degrees in about 20 minutes. It has been raining here since around 4:30 pm and still going strong. This is a long term event as it is slow moving and it is due to affect our area through Monday, currently we are on the edge of the freeze line, however up to the northwest around Tulsa driving conditions are quite hazardous. As for 15-20 year span the last bad icestorm here was Dec. 2000.

join