It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my idea of the perfect presidential candidate...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
tr

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Pro - life
pro living wage
border control
does not want to legalize illegal immigrants (maybe they are organized enemies)
Not homosexual promoting
Acknowledges that this country has Christian heritage
Supports Ten Commandments
Legalize Marijuana. Acknowledge environmental, economic advantages of hemp.
does not put criminals such as poindexter in charge of domestic spy agencies
Keeps sex out of the oval office.(go to a motel- Even Jimmy Swaggart knew better than to do it in his office (church)
Support encrypted tv -must override parental controls to watch crapp like springer
Internet is should not be censored
Not secretive
Not secretive
Executive orders may be vetoed by 2/3 majority of both houses of congress. Prez is not GOD

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree on most, but the pro-life thing is rediculous. You want a moral president who supports killing.

But I bet you're against the death penalty too

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A canidate that's pro-life isn't going to be pro-legalization, sorry son. It maybe more helpful if you put them in order--created sort of a scale of greatest importance to least important. So I'll go next.

Anti-violence, including war and the violence on our streets
Pro-liberty and democracy
Pro-constitution (including the all rights afford citizens in the 27 Amendments to it)
Pro-social spending
Anti-WTO, IMF, and World Bank (someone that seeks to stop the handing over of our sovereignty to international systems of governance)
Pro-Union
Acknowledges the over taxation of american citizens
Acknowledges the over spending of the american government
Acknowledges inequality in education and justice
(cause aint no justice it's just-us)

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
KJ: Pro-life is a fancy way of saying anti-abortion. Its wordplay.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
To vote for a conservative in the next presidential election is to vote for the end of our democratic system, the end of our economic system, the end of our civil liberities, the end of our international respect, the end of our way of life---maybe the end of the human race due to the fact that Bush wants to use mini-nukes.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Are you being subtly sarcastic? Are you suggesting that the perfect presidential candidate would have to have NO hope of being elected, thus preventing him from being tainted by the world of politics, which is the only way he could be perfect? Seriously, though, your candidate would have a hard time explaining the logic behind his positions - how can you justify censorship on TV, but none on the internet, some personal freedoms (marijuana) but not others (sexuality, religion)?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, we could all see the world as the Colonel does and has support groups for every sick, screwed up, and depraved act on the planet. Legalize woman/dog marrage and have tax breaks on transexual teachers (cause we all know they just want to be real girls....awww). There comes a point in time when personal liberties end, and that is when they infringe on other peoples, hence a law against murder and such.

But since the liberals have had their way (somewhat thankfully), the minority has had rule over the majority.

So, you're right bud, us righties are really screwin up the "democracy".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

~sigh~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry, it was pretty funny to me.... had to be there I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
the perfect president

-Pro Life- abortion will only be used in cases of rape that have been proven to be rape.
-Pro Military
-Has Been in the Military
-Keeps Sex Outta the oval office
-Hits back when the nation is hit
-Goes after credited oppertunities to prevent terrorist attacks
-Who will not help france if they are taken over again (cheese eating bastards)
-Supports Space Exploration
-Helps the military become the most powerful military on earth by increasing military funding.
-Pro Death Penalty
Will not take money from people who have their # together and give it to people who dont use it to support their families

im sure i can cintinue but im tired more later

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
To vote for a conservative in the next presidential election is to vote for the end of our democratic system, the end of our economic system, the end of our civil liberities, the end of our international respect, the end of our way of life---maybe the end of the human race due to the fact that Bush wants to use mini-nukes.

HA! you think that all "repugnats" are exactly like shrub. now i know how really #ed up you are!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
We will have no idea what her personal views on abortion, religion, death penalty and homosexuality are... since NONE have a damn thing to do with being President.

All the rest is a given. Protect us, improve life, save money, blah, blah, blah.

What I will add about the Rep/Dem economic debate...it would be so freakin' nice if the Republicans had an economic platform that wasn't just let's see what the Dems say will balance the budget then pander to cut it a fraction of a percent just for votes.

It's lazy hogwash. They deserve a third party to come along and say nothing but "FAMILY VALUES, STRONG ON DEFENSE AND CUT REPUBLICAN TAXES!!!"

IT'S YOUR MONEY!!! So let's give it back... "One for you, two for me, another for you, three for me..."

Tax pandering sucks. Trickle down is a big fat lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My idea of a perfect president is me. Of course he wouldn't be called president, he'd be called Emperor.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
You're either pro-choice, or your anti-pro-choice. There's no in between, really. You people scare me.
Stay the hell away from me and my personal freedoms.

[Edited on 12-14-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My perfect idea for a President would be someone who was a true independent. Someone who does not favor the party they belong to and does what is best for this country. Please believe that none of the other parties do this.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Personal freedoms? What are you talking about. Abortion has nothing to do with the woman.

Who cares what she wants. Sorry for the inconveniece honey, but live with the consiquences of your actions like the rest of us.

Also, if the republicans are the spending kings, then why are the dems trying for national health care.

National health care is a terrible situation. Anyone ever had Military medicine? Cover that over 300+ million people.

Tragic.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
this man seems quite interesting from what Ive read about his policies.

www.house.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
My idea of a perfect president is me. Of course he wouldn't be called president, he'd be called Emperor.

ill be your brutus then

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
hahahaha...Ivan, that's funny

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Personal freedoms? What are you talking about. Abortion has nothing to do with the woman.

Who cares what she wants. Sorry for the inconveniece honey, but live with the consiquences of your actions like the rest of us.

Also, if the republicans are the spending kings, then why are the dems trying for national health care.

National health care is a terrible situation. Anyone ever had Military medicine? Cover that over 300+ million people.

Tragic.

Some things are not just cut and dry. I support abortion on demand in the first trimester. You should know if you want the baby by then anyhow. The big problem with abortion is it is an issue that cannot die, ever. But if you want to debate abortion, start a thread and please avoid h many fallacies attached to the debate, like emotional language.

Also, if you find the occaisional few people who believe in abortion on demand at any time during the pregnancy, there is a surefire way to make them look like buttholes. Just ask them if they believe in infanticide, because one would have to to believe in abortion on demand at any time during a pregnancy due to there being no difference between a fetus that is 8 3/4 months old and a brand spanking newborn baby. Just thought I would give you some fuel for the others. Anywho..........

By the way, Democrats are just trying not tie up all of the extra monies in war and military....well...some. Also, that whole National Health Care thing-a-ma-bob works really well in Canada. I thought I would throw you a couple more bones to chew on for a moment.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you're right, not the topic of this thread.

I'm not big on the war myself, but the military is a need. I was once a defence mechanism...unfortunately, it is no longer that. As for the health care, and democratic spending...

National healthcare
More money for schools
Bigger social programs
Taking from the rich to give to the poor

Ruining the country? Priceless.

If you really want lower taxes, then vote for the flat tax, eliminate the IRS, and eliminate tax writeoffs.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My big thing is we have the technology to eliminate most of the threat to our national security without having to spend a buttload of money. We can hit a target with a cruise missle as accurate as an inch. We could rise above our barbaric past and start spending money on giving everyone a fair shake. Not spending money on public schools sounds like a good idea for THOSE WHO RUN THIS COUNTRY. Why? Keep the people who aren't priveledged enough to be able to afford the proper education as dumb as possible. Public schools are a joke or at least in my area. Trying to get rid of programs like Head Start is outrageous and I'm suprised noone has made a big stink about it. National Healthcare can and does work. We only need to look to the North to see that. Now, granted there is a good bit of social spending that I disagree with, but not all of it is bad. In fact, I would say that a good portion of it is needed for us to grow as a nation. And yes, I do support a 10 percent flat tax rate. Eliminating tax write-offs are questionable in my opinion, but I definitly support a flat tax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join