It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate these systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Rate these systems,using enjoyment playing it,worth the cost,ground breaking.

1.XBOX
Came with 1 controller,no game

2.Play Station
Came with 2 controllers,no game

3.PS2

4.DreamCast

5.Nintendo
Came with 2 controllers
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt Games
A gun
A Robot

6.Atari/Colleco Vision
Came with 2 controllers
Pacman/Space Invaders Games

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
1) wonderful addition to the console wars. having 3 systems fight it out benefits gamers mostly. if u mod the xbox its well worth the money spent on it. im not a big halo fan so id chose gcn over this.

2) how teh hell did this system beat out the n64. oh yeah final fantasy 7. i had ps1 and it died after i passed the first cd on ff7. i replaced the original ps1 i had and the new one has been sitting in my closet since collecting dust. i did enjoy red alert retaliation for the ps1.

3)i hate the ps2. this and the ps1 are the systems that saturated the market with #y games. i believe quality over quantity anydays. it does have some amazing titles though. i own one and only used it to play gta 3 for an hour, and i watched like 2 dvds on it when my original dvd player died. its well worth the money now. a very very successful system. id still chose gcn over it for the games i prefer.

4)dreamcast was awesome when it came out. soul caliber was beautiful then and still is. it had some wonderful games, but some terrible , embarassing games. can u say seaman. no third party support and ea screwed sega in the dreamcast era. the beautiful thing about this system is u could rip games so easily for it. its well worth the money u wuold have spent on it. ive never played shenmue but my friends sware this game is awesome. its sad what happened to sega after the success of the genesis. it goes to show how important 3rd party support is, need an example look at the 64 and cube.

5)nes! what else is there to say. this system put video games on the map, and it created millions of geeks all throught the lands. i never got r.o.b. to work, and duck hunt sucked, but there were so many fun titles that came out for the nes. can u say tloz, ff1, metroid, rygar, ect ect ect. the list goes on and on. the nes is god!

6) the early systems sucked. the games sucked. i enjoyed some games for the atari 2600 but id never play any of them ever again. the arcade was just too much fun in this era.

7) im a nintendo fanboy and u forgot the ds and wii. these systems are amazing and changing the face of gaming as we know it. these 2 systems have a funfactor that is unmatched by anything else. i have a 6 year old girl and that is where my reasoning comes from. the ps3 or xbox360 or even psp could never give me and my daughter the enjoyment the ds and wii put out.

sorry if this sounds rushed , it was lol. great thread black fox. peace

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
1.XBOX
Came with 1 controller,no game =never bought it did not want to waste time with it i thought it was another jaguar

2.Play Station
Came with 2 controllers,no game never bought it i was into computers and pc games like duke nukem and such

3.PS2
Came with 2 controllers,no game =was worth buying it but too limited in quality

4.DreamCast
Came with 2 controllers,no game= no comment

5.Nintendo
Came with 2 controllers
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt Games = never got it skiped this gen
A gun
A Robot

6.Atari/Colleco Vision = got atary 2600 for xmas
Came with 2 controllers
Pacman/Space Invaders Games == games were enough for those times i was like 8