It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory-God, Aliens & the End Times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
I'm open minded about aliens and I wonder where they fit into the great scheme of things but one thing I'm certain of.. they are not 'god'. There might be some manifestations of God that we 'perceive' as alien but who can say for sure.

Here's an interesting site for an alternetive view on the bible: www.bibleufo.com...

For me, the theory that God is in fact alien life seems very plausible.
Just imagine youre living in a world wich does not know electricity, planes and other advanced technology. Wouldnt you think beings in posession of these things would be devine? There wouldnt be any other possible explenation at that time for crafts that came from the sky's. The ancient people living in the Nazca area were so convinced that these beings were godly that they drew giant pictures for them in the desert.

Just keep in mind that the bible is from a age where "scientists" sayd the earth was flat and that life was all just about us humans and our planet. But 2000BC vanished civilizations knew more about our solar system then we did 500 years ago.
I find it interesting that some believes did not fade away in time like others even with the technology boost of the last 100 years, probably because many people find support in believe. I find it harder to believe in a God then alien life as there is more proof for alien beings as there is for a God.
But in the mean time who knows, there is much that we dont know and thats a fact!

Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21Jesus nor God is an Alien. What the hell...

This is your opinion and shaped by your personal beliefs. This is not necessarily fact. Anything completely faith-based is, in itself, only a theory.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea
  1. God=Aliens;
  2. Jesus=An alien left behind to nurture the race and used as an example to enforce belief;
  3. Bible=Purely human retrospective of certain events. Endorsed by the aliens as a guidebook to protect the planet and its inhabitants;
  4. End Times=The end of the world via forces of nature (accelerated by human activity [Bible warned of excesses]), not divine wrath;
  5. Rapture=Alien reseeding of the planet.

Please comment without attacking me. I'm posting this as a matter of curiosity.

EDIT-I'm an atheist. It may be a mistake to add this, but posters should know my personal perspective. I'm certain it will bring out the worst in some people.

[edit on 1/11/2007 by Tea]

The "end of times" is merely "the end of time". Existence has No beginning and No end, therefore no time. We are simply entering a new age of thought perspective regarding Our Existence as the truth of Existence enters Us

[edit on 11-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well honestly yes it is my opinion but if God is an alien that takes away from the whole idea of omnipotence and being omniscient. Does it not? God according to platonic thinking is an All good being and everything in this world is of only, let me repeat ONLY a lesser Good. Everything is good and evil is only a lesser degree. So let me reinstate this that if we believe God and/or Jesus are Aliens not of this world, they cannot be Gods. Being that if you believe the ideas of the Bible...I cannot find any truth in the idea of any God no matter what religion, theory, being of "Alien" form (big eyes, long head.)

But there could be a slight possibility if the Alien/God form you are speaking of is that of something we cannot comprehend nor understand because God is outside of time, he exceeds its boundaries and than I could find your theory somewhat believable.

edited for 2nd paragraph.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by antmax21]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Tea, I share a common view of yours, I'm glad you have an open mind to things, may you figure out more things while you go farther in life

top topics

<< 1   >>

join