It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abort?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What would be a good reason not to have an abortion (if God wasn't involved)? Why would it matter if someone had one or not?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowAmFound
What would be a good reason not to have an abortion (if God wasn't involved)? Why would it matter if someone had one or not?

A good reason not to have an abortion is because they want the child!!
Or to sell the baby when its born (or even give it away - adoption) Or are you asking what would be a good reason if the child was unwanted and the mother was definately didnt want the child inside her??

The only two people that should have any say are the parents (excepting doctors when there is a problem), and even at that the father really has no rights. So no it would not nor should not matter to anyone else other than those involved as they have no right to interfere.

G

Edn

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is a tricky one. To be perfectly honest no one has any right to interfere in someone else's business and everyone should be allowed the freedom to control there own body. That said you could apply the same principles to the baby growing inside someone who wanted an abortion.

If it were the perfect world abortion would only take place if the mother was in danger, abortion should be legal for everyone up until the however many weeks that has been set but I would hope that people considering abortion who are not in danger think, keeping the child until birth even if you do not want the child is a baby waiting for parents who unfortunately for whatever reason can not have children.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What would be a good reason not to have an abortion (if God wasn't involved)?

As has been said, if the mother determined for any reason that she wanted to carry and bear the child. Or if the mother didn't want to keep the child, but was willing to carry it and adopt it out. Those would be the only reasons to have a child, in my opinion.

Why would it matter if someone had one or not?

It wouldn't matter to me. The only situation in which it would matter to me would be if I were the mother.

I feel like I"m misunderstanding the question... Is there more?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sorry. Without God, could there be any reason why abortion would be wrong?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Sorry. Without God, could there be any reason why abortion would be wrong?

It depends on what you mean by wrong. (Sorry to be so picky) But I don't often say that what another person does is "wrong" as I believe that they will experience the consequenses of their actions and it's really none of my business.

But... If a woman believed that life begins at conception and she felt that she would be 'killing' her child, then it would be "wrong" for her. It's all about what the woman believes and what the woman wants.

But I could never impose MY beliefs on another woman. If for whatever reason she didn't want to have a child, I don't think an abortion is "wrong". I don't put a moral judgment on ANOTHER woman having one.

I personally don't think I could have an abortion unless I had to for health reasons. But that's MY judgment for ME. I have no business making that choice for others.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
This is a tricky one. To be perfectly honest no one has any right to interfere in someone else's business and everyone should be allowed the freedom to control there own body. That said you could apply the same principles to the baby growing inside someone who wanted an abortion.

Provided that the freedom to control ones body, or a persons business, will not result in harm to anybody else or their property.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
:w:

[edit on 13-1-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ummm, maybe because you have brought to an end what could have possibly been a very meaningful, beautiful life.

Just think, if you had been an abortion, you wouldn't be here asking this question.
Food for thought......

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Good answer, rocknroll.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
One way I look at things when making a "Right" or "Wrong" decision on a certain act is defined as Moral Consequentialism

Basically weighing in the consequences in your decision.

There has been speculation that Women experience depression after having an abortion.

In this sense, why would you do something that causes depression?
.. If you want to look at it that way.

Of course this would be based on a individuals situation.

[edit on 16-1-2007 by tylersch]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Post Natal Depression is also quite common.

How common is PND?

* PND is common.

* It occurs in 10 to 15 per cent or one in seven to ten mothers.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
God DOES NOT approve of abortion, and neither do I.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
God DOES NOT approve of abortion, and neither do I.

Haha, you are right about God's rule on abortion. But at the beginning they said "(if God wasn't involved)"

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Nobody has the right to be judge, jury and executioner against a woman who decides to have an abortion.

I do not think that many woman make this decision lightly as it often causes great stress depending on the circumstances.

I do not believe in God(s) and therefore, I personally think it is a morality issue that the woman will struggle with for the rest of her life (unless she is totally devoid of any emotion).

I personally would not do it...but it is an 'out' for some...not my place to question that.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Without God, could there be any reason why abortion would be wrong?

I think that depends upon your definition of wrong as an earlier poster said, but it also depends upon your definition of GOD.

It sounds to me like your question could read, "Is the Christian concept of morality the only reason why abortion would be wrong?"

Clearly there are a vast number of concepts of GOD (and morality) other than the Christian concept. I don't mean to antagonize, but rather to clarify the actual question.

top topics

join