It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best ever air to air photo of a Typhoon!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I know nothing about cameras because that does not look like a tripod to me.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It might be a Merlin stand or something similar. Definately not a Steadicam. Bear with me, I'm just trying to compensate for my lack of knowledge on Aircraft.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Jet engines act much differently than prop engines.

Shattered OUT...

Ok . . . one has thrust at the front and the other at the rear.
Even so, a jet with a high AOA can throttle along similarly to a Cessna - albeit at higher speeds, but those speeds would be slow compared to the usual speed jets are involved with.

Somewhere along the line, I've read that the Hornet can fly at 30 knots with power on, high AOA and considerable control input from the computer system.

I only read it once so I'm not completely sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In the right conditions I would imagine it possible. But then again, you can get an A380 to do the same in the right conditions.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I agree with the C-130 as the answer. The anchor points in both the Typhoon picture and the Hornet picture are the same. And looking at C-17 pics on the web, the actual ramp area on the Typhoon picture looks much smaller.

C-17 ramp

C-130 ramp from back

C-130 ramp from front looking back

In terms of width and height, you can see the difference between the two. So, as I said, my money is on C-130.

As for the angle of attack, it looks deceptively large, but is probably between 3 - 5 degrees. It certainly isn't ten. The Hornet is flying at a similar angle, and it wouldn't be too far off normal landing speed (which is normal for photo shoots such as these), with landings in a Hornet flown at 3 degrees AOA.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
From experience I believe its a C130.

Also that pic of the F-18 in RAAF insignia looks like it was flying south over Shoal Water Bay towards Keppel bay.

Oh that would have been even funnier if the local MiG was flying about that day...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join