It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Warning UK (Extream Winds)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello,

Just chilling at home watching sky news in the uk sky channel 501.
Francis Wilson a well known weather reporter has said on sky news weather that tomorrow will be very windy and that there could be a few tonados across the middle of England coming from the west.
I have tried looking on sky news website but I can not find the story.
Has anyone else heard about this?

Just thought I'd warn my fellow members in the UK.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the warning, my daughter is travelling back to the midlands tomorrow morning - I'll tell her to watch out!

I don't remember tornados in England when I was young, but lately there seem to have been several, there was one a few weeks ago near me in Brighton.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks

I was not that far from the one a few weeks back so i will be watching out

Got my camera all charged up lol

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have just watched weather reports and it aint looking too good over next 48 hrs Gale force winds, Tornados, and reporter made a point of there being some serious floods

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Last night and early this morning the winds where really strong, my tree has been split in half and half of its on the floor,

Just glad it did not hit my house as its about 30ft or more high

news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Im slap bang in the middle of the midlands and its extremely windy here. Ive lost 3 slates off my outhouse roof leaving a nasty hole
I'll keep a look our for tornadoes, i havent seen the news today.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
living here in the central south, it too is mighty windy, (gladly atm without the rain), im a school liveonsite sitemanager and we lost a flag pole and all the felt off the cycle shed roofs, i was going to repare friday but it still looks very choppy.
i was woken 4 times in the night with crashes and thumps from outside,
and with the amount of debris strewn across the ground if it gets worse there may be a need for an early weekend for the kids.

personnaly i feel for the people who have lost belongings through wind and flood, but i do love the power of nature.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Not only in the UK is it windy...

Here in the Netherlands is has been storming and raining all day long. I just took a quick visit to the outside world and I could hardly set steps forward when walking against the wind.

Haven't seen anything damaged yet though.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, I'm in Manchester and last night my new house leaked in the extension quite extensively following serious wind and hard rain.

This has continued all day today in Manchester. It's seriously windy today and not getting any better. I'll be keeping my eye out for a tornado as today, it wouldn't suprise me one bit.

We've had tiles come off the roof at work and the windows have shaken pretty violently at times. Obviously the girls in the office find it funny but they wont be laughing when they have to leave at 5.30 to catch a bus.

Remirah.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yep, been a pretty breezy day here today (Coventry Airport - in the middle of England - reported winds gusting to 65mph) but so far there have been no report of any tornadoes.

Any tornadoes would have been during the passage of the cold front that was stretched across the Midlands earlier this morning and has since moved off into the continent. However it was never deemed enough of a risk to issue an actual Tornado Watch.

(Worth noting that in the UK tornadoes are rarely more that about F1 in strength and usually only last a few seconds or a most minutes on the ground)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes it was very windy in Norfolk too, our power was out for about 2 hours 20 mins around 12 midday.

There was a lot of rain too, St Ives in Cambridgeshire was flooded (at least partly) and a few trees blown down where shown on the news too.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Looks like more windy weather to come next week as well ....

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Looks like more windy weather to come next week as well ....

oh its crazy out there at the moment,

My garden is a mess, fences down, bits of trees and my shed contents are half way around the garden... looks like a junk yard so i'm going to have to get a skip! lol

Nearly got in a crash this morning, a big dip on the motor way had filled with water we went straight into it and all the water came up over the car and we could not see ! Scary stuff!

I just hope this passes over quick,

So take care UK'ers. and gosh my ears keep popping! 0-0

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The weathers really windy here in sheffield as well. It can actually get quite loud in the gusts as well. It was like it yesterday as well. I'm quite glad I'm inside really.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

for anyone that has pics of damage,

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Don't worry, things'll calm down next week - we'll just have snow and frost to worry about then

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Check this out...

Bizzar that this should be exactly one week hence the orriginal post!!

Four dead as UK struck by storms

Four people have died and travel has been severely disrupted as gales and heavy downpours hit parts of the UK.
The Met Office has reported gusts of up to 70mph and Scotland has seen its first snowfalls of 2007.

Speed restrictions have been brought in by Network Rail and motorway sections on the M1 and M18 have been closed.

Here are some images of the weather...

Awfull Horrid Weather!!! If you are a driver... Pleae be Carefull!!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Looks like its over now but what a crazy day!

Lots of cars hit by trees, one of the trees near me must be a hundred years old and it was totally uprooted! a nearby building had its corrugated front ripped off and my neighbours house was stripped of guttering.. oh and my aerial got blown off the chimney taking 2 bricks with it!

My thoughts go out to the families who lost someone out there to the weather today.

Where are the old british winters with clear skies, frosty mornings and snow (not at the same time)?... I think we may see it next week!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Where are the old british winters with clear skies, frosty mornings and snow (not at the same time)?... I think we may see it next week!

Do you want snow that much? the transport system, particularly the roads, always grind to a halt with just 1 cm of snow. Still snow is quite fun.

top topics

join