It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insect overload?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just a thought but with all the strange, warm weather the uk (and other areas) has experienced this winter i'm guessing the lack of frost will have saved the lives of many bugs. People have reported seeing wasps, bees and butterflies..

Have these hatched early or survived the winter?

and if its the latter should we be ready for a bug filled summer?

I'd be interested in any opinions...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
wow good point m8... id guess at a bit of both... but that is totally a guess

Maybe we will get a plague of insects... i remember a plague of ladybirds when i was a kid in the 70's and we visited clacton on the east coast of britain... there was thousands of them... it was on the news and in all the papers hehe

I remember my mother freaking out and running around the outside of clacton pier waving her hands lol

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh yeah i'd heard about that, I was born in '78 so I don't remember it but do recall hearing of it.. I've looked online but can't find anything, was wondering about the weather the previous winter?

Anyone with any details/ memories?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I saw a hornet in the house the other day. I really don't want to get overloaded with bees like yellow jackets, those bees are so agressive.

Troy

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Last Autumn was really bad for Leatherjackets (crane fly/daddy long legs larvae)they live in the soil eating the roots of grass so next year there are going to be a lot of them around and the wasp nest in my garden was still busy until mid december. Also still getting midge and mosquitos flying around.

My guess is there WILL be an awful lot more insects around later in the year - so I guess loads more pesticides will be used.

Depending on when the birds start hatching could also cause big problems feeding the new chicks as they may well be out of synch with the cycle of the insects especially caterpillars.

top topics

join